Fixed Selling stacks to barter only sells partial stacks

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Laronk, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Laronk Augur

When you sell something to someone in barter mode via the UI, if you have say 350 of an item and you're doing the max sell (20 despite things stacking to 1000 would love to see that changed too but not a bug) and you try to sell 20 sometimes it only actually sells 7 or 8 or 9. It's pretty annoying if you're trying to sell hundreds of tradeskill items to the guy you press shift and click on the sell button and then it sells... 2.

If you have a stack of a 1000 and they're buying that many it is aggravating specially if its a lower value tradeskill item. I honestly just delete the items sometimes because they're so low value they're not worth taking a slot in a trade satchel and they take too long to sell to players via barter.

Other times it works perfectly (other than the aforementioned non bug part where you're limited to sell 20 at a time when the item can stack to 1k)
    Shindius, Stymie, Elyssanda and 19 others like this.
  2. Axel Furry Hats OP

Agreed
    Duder and KaBoom like this.
  3. Duder Augur

Yeah, this bug can make selling to barters a bigger pain than it is worth. People don't even want to deal with selling 1000 items at 10p each 6 items at a time.
  4. GNOME_POWER Augur

This is probably intentional.
    It prevents you from selling too much by mistake.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is not intentional as it does not happen with every buyer nor does it happen all the time or with the same item all the time.

Sometimes the buyer can stop and start again and that will reset it to work correctly. Or the seller can go to the blue hall buyer and sell in person - but only a 50% success rate on that way.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Marshaik Apprentice

Agreed to this post. If you have 5 whatever items your selling to barter and you select 5, it only takes 1-2-3. If relog, it will do 5 instead random lower number amount then continues again. Had this issue for few days now.
  7. svann Augur

This is one of those bugs that doesnt affect me much but I have to upvote just because its so lame its an embarrassment.
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Cacky Elder

I agree it is annoying and seemingly happens without any rhyme or reason, but as a workaround, doing it from within the bazaar seems to avoid this problem, and of course barter selling is much faster within the bazaar too.
    Vexana_Lanys likes this.
  9. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

The question is if it is actually a bug and not the buyer setting a limit of how many at a time. I know a barterer used to be able to say they want 999 but have it purchase individually or 20 for example.
  10. Duder Augur

There is no setting for that. I use a buyer time to time and encounter the issue where some one is trying to sell me large amounts but cannot get it to sell more than 1 at a time, or 4, or 6, etc etc.
    Jaylnn and svann like this.
  11. svann Augur

I suspect it has something to do with stack size of current inventory. Maybe when the buyer code initiates for the day it sees you need 3 more to fill a stack so it sets the buy to only 3 at a time.
  12. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

My bad i must be misremembering it. I havent used the buyer mode in years but thought i remembered this setting. I popped on to check but i must be remembering another game
  13. Laronk Augur

I've sat there selling a thousand items to a buyer and it went 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 6 6 6 6 6 never getting to 20 before I ran out. The delay between sells also sucks too so you can't spam it fast.
    Duder likes this.
  14. niente Developer

Need more details, it would be helpful to see a screenshot from the buyer's perspective.
    When I set up a buyer who wants 999 Bone Chips, I can always sell 20 at a time. I can't list more than one purchase listing for Bone Chips at the same time. Also, are you selling in person or via the barter window?
  15. Cacky Elder

Via the barter window, from another zone outside the bazaar. It only happens intermittently. I have never seen it when you sell in person, or even using the barter window from within the bazaar.

A screen shot will not show you too much. It will just show that you just sold 7 bone chips, or whatever the item; it won't show that you TRIED to sell 20.

Edit: since it might be a timing issue of some kind, I would suggest you try to reproduce it in on a live server. Open a barter window in the Plane of Knowledge and ctrl-click the sell button to automatically (attempt to) sell 20 of some item to someone. And just try different items and different sellers, and I suspect you will quickly fine one that only sells 4, or 5, or 8, etc., even though the buyer is still buying hundreds more of whatever item you are trying to sell (and you have hundreds more in your inventory).
  16. svann Augur

Pretty sure all sales to buyer are through the barter window. AFAIK there is no "tax" to use the window.
  17. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still happening for anybody? We have not been able to reproduce this internally.
  18. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Yes. Happens to me on various servers (at least 6 different Live ones) quite frequently (about 1 in 10 times) selling stuff that I collect from vendors via /barter.

The base unit it "starts" with can vary... been as low as 2, or as high as 16. And if you sell things long enough, the max value will eventually climb back to 20, starting slowly the lower you are and catching up faster the higher you go.
  19. Ratalthor Developer

Can anybody provide additional details on reproducing this?
    • Detailed info on how the barter is set up
    • How the purchases are set up
    • Is the person selling in the same zone?
  20. Laronk Augur

Ralalthor I learned i think in this thread that if I zone into the bazaar it does not happen it seems to only happen when you’re not in the bazaar. The biggest issue is when you have tons of stacks of something like remnants of tranquility or what not.

When you’re not in the bazaar and I think typically that trader has bought some of the stock. Sometimes the stacks sell to the /buyer properly for a few stacks and then you will start to see 19 19 19 19 18 17 16 sometimes it gets really bad and sells 2 at a time when you try to sell a stack.

I haven’t played in a while though but I could login and try to recreate it again.