EQ is now a pay to win game !

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Cokkie, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Cokkie New Member

Source : https://www.everquest.com/news/new-everquest-perks-2021

You can rent 1 to 3 pack for 3$,4$ or 5$ per month.
    1. Adventurer's Perk+5% XP
      +10% PP+10% raid curency

2. Challenger's Perk
      -10% price on loyalty vendor
      +10% XP for your merc.
      DO NOT LOSE XP WHEN YOU DIE !

3. Merchant's Perk2 x bags 12 slots
      2 x more inventory slots
      +10% chance to get a skillup when you are doint TS
  2. Randomized Augur

These perks are almost non-existent. Not exactly pay to win. And there's about 30 threads on this already, don't need another one.

And for the record, you still lose xp when you die. You just can't de-level
  3. Alnitak Augur

You can pay, but are you gonna win ?
    1. Adventure's Perk - does not really help lvl 115 toon with max AA's. Doesn't help to win at all.
    2. Challenger's Perk - after buying Primary Anchors and Dools of Character years ago who needs loyalty tokens at all ? And mercs have maxxed AA's anyway. And deleveling by dieing when you have 99.999% exp bar filled takes some serious skills. Still not winning.
    3. Merchant's Perk - for non-farming dedicated traders simply does not matter. And for pack-rats there is plenty of bags out there + Dragon Hoard. 2 extra slots do not really win this game.

Ahhh, that rat-race of TLP servers where every little bit matters - yup, those perks are for that crowd.
    Enjoy the win !
  4. Alnitak Augur

You can pay, but are you gonna win ?
    1. Adventure's Perk - does not really help lvl 115 toon with max AA's. Doesn't help to win at all.
    2. Challenger's Perk - after buying Primary Anchors and Dools of Character years ago who needs loyalty tokens at all ? And mercs have maxxed AA's anyway. And deleveling by dieing when you have 99.999% exp bar filled takes some serious skills. Still not winning.
    3. Merchant's Perk - for non-farming dedicated traders simply does not matter. And for pack-rats there is plenty of bags out there + Dragon Hoard. 2 extra slots do not really win this game.

Ahhh, that rat-race of TLP servers where every little bit matters - yup, those perks are for that crowd.
    Enjoy the win !
  5. bobokatt Augur

I fail to see how these "perks" are going to "break" the game or allow me to "win EQ" and why some people are so against this.

It's not like I can pay $5 a month added to my sub, and somehow magically complete a bunch of group missions in TOV or COV. Or get a RAID quality rare item. Or get a free no drop ore for an armor piece. Or gain massive XP from 111 to 115. Oh wait, that already happens on live servers where people auction task adds and loots and achievements, for PP or Krono's and no one ever called that "pay to win".
    Personally the extra inventory slots... I am so all over that...but that's just me.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

Bold of you to assume there is any "winning" going on in EQ after 22 years.
  7. Quik Augur

P2W because of those perks LOL.

P2W is being able to buy the best gear from planes...

We always need people who overreact to everything though to keep us amused.
  8. Elskidor Augur

Cokkie might be Ji Ham's forum name and he's trying to let us know what's up.
  9. quakedragon Augur

You are 115 and max AA? You already won, why you compare these perks to someone who already won the game lol.

Honestly though 5% xp isn't much talking about. % more plat from kills, most of the plat comes from the loot not kills.I plan on not dying in the first place.

A better option than not losing xp, is not losing ALL THEM 115s BUFFS. I'd rather lose 5% xp than my 20+ 115s buffs rk3 best of best buffs.
    I feel like people have 18+ slot bags in every slot or just buy them so the bags aren't a big deal.

These perks I feel are more for people who want Daybreak to succeed and EQ to continue on and not stop making new content.

Myself I liked SONY better than Daybreak, Darkpaw, whoever is making the game now. I feel they just making new content but scared to break the lore so they do revamps of every expansion we had before they acquired the game from SONY.
  10. DillyBar Augur

Not quite. When I can write a check for insta-10k-20k AA's, then its pay to win lol.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Now?!! Were you "winning" without spending any dollars at all before this?
  12. Abundant Elder

Last time I checked old live/75+ wasn't relevant since 2009/emulated. Still respect the input and don't fully disagree.
  13. Nolrog Augur

There are already multiple threads on this topic, there was no need to create another.

These are hardly pay to win. 5% XP really going to make you successful? Then do you always play with an enchanter for their XP aura?
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  14. Stymie Pendragon

I'm pretty skeptical of this perk:
    Rake in 10% more coin from your kills.

Every mob I have ever killed in this game, that drops coin, has awarded a random amount ranging from X to Y. How would you know that a 10% bonus was being applied or not? Think of a mob dropping 4p, 7sp, 3 copper-10p something regularly as an example. I think an actual study would need to be conducted to determine if the perk did anything at all. The numbers are so low that rng could be used to hand-wave the fact that the perk does absolutely nothing.

The same goes for the tradeskill perk. A 10% "chance"... I look forward to the people that can prove it's actually measurable. I have my doubts though. It would require a control character and one with the perk.

Bring on the spreadsheets!
    Ozon likes this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Hey! stuff in thread Who cares? :D
  16. Stymie Pendragon

But, but, but... yeah you're right :)
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That is still far from winning, EQ has so much to do. TS, Quests for items, hunter in every zone, etc.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

You don't need it to be proven. You either trust or you don't.

/shrug
  19. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

At least get it right if you're going to claim the end of the world. You do lose XP when you die. You simply will not lose your level if you drop below 0.001% in a given level. Allegedly, you will accrue negative XP that will need to be regained before you can start working back up to the next level. (rumor, no official comment on that last statement)
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Wow, that would suck. Will be interesting to find out if this is true.