AoC on live is a huge let down.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kogmaw, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

I never post here, first time actually, but I wanted to make my voice heard on this one.

I rarely if ever get excited for changes. This was one. in fact its the only one i can remember in recent times. like post 2001.

it wont ever get used. I have 3 accounts. sometimes I box, most of the time I'm solo. or molo. I was really hoping I could use the AoC to get my own instance of zones to work on my hunter achieve. I'm standing in trak, outside seb at the AoC nerd. I have 6 in my group.

yet I cannot get an instance.

From what people are saying you have to have 6 or even 7 REAL ACCOUNT TOONS. not mercs, they have to be in zone, and its level restricted.

So my 108 mage can't get a instance for Seb. Period.

If this is in fact true, and meant to be this way, it is the single biggest let down i've had in literally 2 decades.

what the actual guys? Nobody's raiding these zones anymore! there is no valid reason why I cannot do one solo. none.

yet there are jerks in the public zones, who log in, and kill named mobs on cool down, sometimes with really shady methods...like killing from zone in while the mob is not at zone in. seen it 3 times in Ntov while trying to get eashen.

can you really not just let the AoC on live work as we all expected it to?

sorry that my first post ever here is negative.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The situation is developing: understanding if there are any parameters, if they are intentional, and if there will be changes.

The addition of AoC on Live is a step in the right direction. Be patient.
  3. demi Augur

first off there are 2 or 3 threads already about AoC's ..
    1st . https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-access-plane-of-fire-agent-of-change.277464/

2nd. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...hange-on-firiona-vie-level-restricted.277468/

3rd. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/agents-of-change-primer-for-using.277428/

secondly , I think what you are wanting is a npc that will spin up a new zone instance with all the mobs and named so you can have your own private zone .. that is not gonna happen .. firstly , it would be too much of a strain on the server resources and the lag would be insane if not crash the servers all the time ..

I'm sorry this has disappointed you. but it is working as intended ..
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Level is not an issue.
    You don't need 6 real toons in zone (or even online), but you do need 6 in a group.

There's just some hiccups with the instancing right now. They're looking into it as well as some MIA AoC's.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Kakgumu like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

To @OP:

The very first link from @demi explains how you can get it to work.

As in all things EQ, make sure you figure out the details before you get p!$$ed.
  6. demi Augur

also before you get mad as benito says :
    Kogmaw likes this.
  7. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

All things in EQ have trained me to assume its a) going to be poorly implemented, and b) broken for a long time.

This "change" was pointless, and serves only huge box crews that the community seems to hate when its convenient.

There are nowhere near enough active live players to create enough instanced zones to crash the servers. that is just silly ignorance.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

are you implying that mercs will count? currently this doesn't work, and only a few on FV have gotten it to work and ONLY with 6+ real toons in zone. And some have said you must be level appropriate. meaning level 60ish for ToV. (example)
  9. demi Augur

if this was a current in era game with all the bells and whistles i'd agree with ya , however its not .. zones crash all the time , servers actually have been stable for awhile (surprised) but they have been known to crash also .. and there are enough live peeps to crash a server if everyone could spin up their very own instance of current zones ..

its just silly ignorance to think it cant happen ..

I understand your pissed . i was just trying to be helpful.. i will stop trying to be helpful to you .. good luck ..
    Cuursed and Kogmaw like this.
  10. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

There is a test server for this very reason! it was there why wasn't it tested? did it not work there? if it did, then copy/pasterino!

Why is it that things go on test, then get released in an unusable state? whats the point of having a test server? kill it and move the resources/players to a struggling server!
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Randomized Augur

Did you meet the requirements of having 6 all-access subs in group to spawn instanced zone?
    Kogmaw likes this.
  12. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

I mean not to brag, but I work for the company, and on the very product that hosts and stores this games data. I know what its capable of. I know what hardware they are running this on. If they updated it JUST A LITTLE! it would be so much smoother! The next generation in hardware runs circles around what is hosting this game.
    Even so they are running at about ~45% of capacity, (space) drives are ~30% utilized in iops during "prime time" and they're external network isnt stressed either...though I am not privy to the exact details there. The CPUs are like 12%. they could increase stress on the cluster by another 30% easy and the drives would still not start thrashing. If they upgraded to gen6 hardware those numbers would drop to 1/4th of what they are. I do not know their financial state, however with enough backing we could provide them with enough hardware that every person in the game could have their own personal game world.
    Alena, Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  13. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

Yes. paying monthly for each account. all 3 toons, and 3 mercs standing at the AoC in trak.
  14. demi Augur

this dude is just pissed now.. and wants to vent and troll .. there are plenty of info in the other threads he can use no sense in keeping this thread active .. please lock
  15. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

disappointed =/= pissed. Not trolling, sorta venting I'll give you that.
    demi likes this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL @OP for NOT reading the thread I pointed him to, which solves his problem.

That's fine, I'm actually enjoying the salty tears. Please don't lock the thread :)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Randomized like this.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

LOL

"Did you do X?"

answer, "Yes, I did Y."

Here's your sign....
  18. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

SOME people have gotten it to work, some claim you have to all be the same level, in zone, and be able to get xp in the zone. some say you dont, some say they've gotten it to work with mercs, most have not. so far most people are having very different results.

what I want to know is wtf? and also how to make this work, and to know someone is working on it, and know what the intention is. How is it going to ACTUALLY work?

lets not get mean now.
  19. cadres Augur

You don't need anything except a group of 6 fully paid people
    (I think of lvl 110+ but this may be wrong)
    They do not all have to be online/in the zone
    So they can be your/anybody's spare alts

(afaik, it is not designed to work with mercs. Of course it might, because this is EQ and all sorts of things are 'possible'; I'd highly rec just getting your 6 real people)

This is not something for the 'box crews' you can solo this, albeit with very minimal help of a few guildies/random people from /general

I can well envisage this would upset the server load, in my guild alone there's about 50 people in/trying to get separate instances right now, well out of peak playtime

This was certainly a very popular introduction!
  20. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

?? 3 gold accounts. that is what was asked, is there another "monthly all access" that can be bought that ISNT gold?