Fall Bonuses

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ForumNugget, Sep 13, 2021.

1. ForumNugget Journeyman

Last year, after Labor Day, we had a series of Fall bonuses that went on for a month. Anything like that this year?
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  2. Xeris Augur

That's not coming until like... Mid/late October
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They should have started already, usually run from now until just before beta starts.....could be due to a late beta and possibly later release of expsansion.

We didn't get any freebies for the summer, so don't hold your breath about getting any bonuses this year.

Last years calander for reference
    https://events.eqresource.com/index.php?action=display_month&phpcid=1&month=9&year=2020
  4. Warpeace Augur

It will be out when they decide how much we have to pay for the "Perk".
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just logged in, seems they went active today, starting with bonus rare mobs.

Looks like they are running a week behind last year.
  6. Xeris Augur

I was wrong, apparently they start now! D:
  7. Baldur Augur

8. TheGoblin Elder

Is that 150% bonus exp or 50% bonus exp?
    Herf likes this.
  9. Captain Video Augur

It's +50% XP.
  10. Herf Augur

Daypaw is always a bit math challenged.
  11. Xeris Augur

It says 150% experience gains... If the bonus is only 50% does this mean the normal xp 'gain' is 100%?

Who the hell writes these posts... They're so vague and poorly worded.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Every. Single. Time.
    Dre. and Herf like this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

If there's a completely unnecessary, incomprehensible way of explaining something, you can count on the copywriters at Daybreak to do it.

Seriously, how hard is it to write "+50% experience"?
    Herf likes this.
  14. Herf Augur

Maybe it's their way of saying we should feel lucky that they don't penalize us by giving us less than 100% of our earned XP :)
  15. Numiko Augur

I suspect the person writing these posts slept through most of their math classes.
    Stymie likes this.
  16. taliefer Augur

can you explain to me how normal exp *isnt* 100%?

its not darkpaws fault their playerbase apparently cant read and dont understand numbers.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Did you read the announcement? It's clearly not the players' fault this time.
  18. Febb Augur

If they posted 50% experience bonus, people would throw a fit wondering why they are only getting half the amount of experience they were before the bonus. This is the girft that keeps on going. Use some common sense lol.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I feel sorry for the employees at DPG when it comes time for performance / bonus and other incentives with this type of math.
  20. taliefer Augur

I did. There isnt anything confusing about "soak up 150% experience gains". that pretty clearly reads gain 1 and half times exp as normal, or 150%. if they had said "gain an additional 150% exp" that would mean 2.5 times the normal exp.