New EverQuest Perks

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

So please explain to me why they are not doing that if it is so simple as you claim? Seems to me it would make their life a lot easier as it will be easier develop for and be able to take advantage of modern hardware.

I would guess it is not as simple as you think for such an old game with a large code base that has been written and changed over two decades.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Last I checked you can see these things in pretty much every MMO so I would say it is more of a business model than anything else.
  3. Girth Matters New Member

Pay2Win is sad. Seeing it creep in in a game we already pay to play is even sadder.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

OMG you are such a MO!

I said THE CODE for LOGIC OF GAME PLAY is the hold up, not graphics. They can't make the move to an actual game development engine without moving the code. So they are stuck. Coded into a corner so to speak, as I mentioned in a post years ago.

ALL OF THE ASSETS HAVE ALREADY BEEN PORTED TO PROVE IT IS DOABLE.
  5. Alchem The Judge Journeyman

I don't defend those blindly either.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Are you trying to say something about the coding skills of the EQ developers? I mean I have mentioned in my replies that they would have to deal with a whole lot of code issues and potential bugs when upgrading everything.

I don't get exactly what you are ranting on about just because I disagree with you that it would be so trivial to all of EQ's graphics to a new engine.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

No, I'm trying to say they have not practiced good 'Game Stewardship' (is the word Skuz used in another thread) over these many years.

I'm also showing you with words you could look up if you don't understand, how that is not how it works.

I can show you quotes from devs that say things that are totally wrong. They are human and fallible like anyone else.

The fact is you can look at Youtube for example, and see where they have already ported the models, textures and animations into development engines, with no need to worry about graphics code, because that's how it works.

Everything you see is a file that is easily ported. The way it is lit and shaded is with their built-in code. Once assets are ported, you use the engines lighting and shading, to much greater effect too.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well based on the current model they would only RENT you fellowship slots.
    Kalvenie and Velisaris_MS like this.
  9. Qelil Augur

Thought I'd check in here before logging in to Norrath. I noted some discussion yet again about all EQ needs to do is be remade or whatever. Please folks, just embrace reality. That isn't happening. Moving right along and back to the topic at hand...

I had a funny little thought about the whole idea of selling perks. It dawned on me that I cannot recall ever seeing any company at any time sell perks as a thing themselves, as a product or service. They have always been promoted as features that are included along with something else. For example, if you have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you get so-called perks monthly which in reality are junk for FTP games that are also largely junk. It's just a little something or more accurately nothing that they toss in to I don't know, make the list of Game Pass benefits longer for marketing purposes?

I think selling perks as services unto themselves may well be something new, something invented especially for us by I'm not sure who although I can guess who directed more money extraction be implemented. Again, I want to thank the new management for their efforts here to give us, oops, I mean charge us for these helpful little perks to enhance our entertainment experience. I am so looking forward to seeing what comes next! This is truly an exciting time for everyone in Norrath!
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Good to see you again. :D
  11. Visitor Augur

If we want to be playing EQ with new generations, we should be looking to increase the subscription base, and holding onto a good portion of it. Consider sell 20k expacs at 35$, = 700k to fund it, sell 50k expac and bring in 1.75 mill, sell 100 expac and bring in 3.5 mill, also, more people playing all access raises the continuing funds.
    A new engine etc. doing just original content, could be a test, and also a draw to bring new or old players to check it out. To make it work as not just EQ3, but as an upgrade would want to be able to port current characters over to the new platform in a few years once the new build has worked up. and that would only work if the player base increases to fund the costs.
    I expect that at some point EQ is going to sunset, and I have no plans to start over. If we are to get a modern game, some one is going to have to check out, an upgrade, that allows keeping all the zone layouts, (new graphics), so we keep as much as possible, just better functionality.
    I can log into EQ 2, and would be able to log into EQrenewed, getting people to test out an upgrade, even if it takes a few years to get to current so, all characters can be ported over, is worth looking into- of course that is a job for the designers and accountants.
  12. Leerah Augur

You (game marketing people,) could save yourself a lot of time and effort if you did some precision polling like: "Which of these benefits would you buy at this price?" My answer: None. Just like the Heroic Armor. No matter how much money I have, I won't waste it on a low value purchase.

I've been poking you for years, trying to get an experience bonus for as long as you're gold. People have offered you money for things like character account transfers and DON cards. You don't have to grab at pennies.
    Metanis and Kalvenie like this.
  13. Leerah Augur

If you want to play EQ with the new generation, it better be on a tablet.
  14. tigersnack Journeyman

Soooooooo....you are going to place the loyalty vendor in the TLP's?
    Yeah, right. The TLPs are ALREADY CORRUPT beyond belief with krono/plat farmers locking down all the good/epic drops and selling them back to us.
    I see the garbage of those same farmers making $$$$ off the game while hosing the rest of us.
    I vomit on Darkpaw Games and the corruption of the game and you let it continue
    Started playing Oct 30, 1999

HOW ABOUT JUST ONE SERVER where all that is STRICTLY ENFORCED of ONE PLAYER...no krono farmers or gold sellers...NO boxing whatsoever, no camping EPIC drops and selling them, make anything of value no drop and do something about these shitheads locking down all the Top mobs/camps with box armies
  15. tigersnack Journeyman

anything......ANYTHING ...for PROFIT.
    We'll let multi-boxers in on EVERY server because that means MORE $$$ for Darkpaw or whoever the f**k they are now
  16. demi Augur

we are loyal and we are idiots , cause we continue to put up with it .. nobody does anything about it .. talk with your wallets .. but nobody ever does .. sure a few peeps will walk away but majority wont..
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  17. demi Augur

12 pages of excrement and not 1 dev response ? :eek:
  18. Metanis Bad Company

I have a suspicion that the people we consider "Devs" had little or nothing to do with this Perks decision.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

DING DING DING we have a winner!
    Gyurika Godofwar, Warpeace and Yinla like this.
  20. Muffinstalker President Rivervale Bakers Union, Local 571

What is next? A monthly payment for:
    * a higher tier Mercenary?
    * additional tribute benefits?
    * seven or eight member groups?
    * campfires able to be set by only 1 member in a location?

The idea that affluent people should have a better game than less wealthy, is just f***ing wrong. It is too much like the real world we are trying to escape by playing here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.