New EverQuest Perks

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I guess I should say 'port' not 'curated'.

They should take all tables (or flat files) and get them in a proper relational database that works with a game development environment, of which there are any number. Move all assets, etc.

It's the code that's the problem. You can't port it over as a whole, you can't really replicate it without being able to even have your arms wrapped around the entirety of EQ and it's vast interconnected items, abilities, balance, mechanics.

It's almost inconceivable they would be able to have a proper grasp of it all to replicate it.

I'm still skeptical they will even go 64 bit. Certainly I don't envision that's going to be pain free for anyone involved on any end.

but blah blah blah, I guess I'm just flapping my jaw now. Thanks for listening if you are still.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Xilbuster Journeyman

rip eq for me . $600 bucks last few years for 4 accounts with expansions . what we get out of the subscription on live is ridiculous as is , no real content updates and we know they take EQ money and put it somewhere else . and now they want more money a month for even littler. I mean it would be one thing if they took the sub out and than tried to sell the perks . sorry daybreak this is bat crazy.
  3. Demendred Lorekeeper

Bad Idea. Like someone else said in the thread, bring back recruit a friend and character transfers. You'll make money
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

I thought about posting some ideas for perks that I'd spend money for.

I thought about it some more and it would just make more sense for them to be subscription perks.

Nobody is going to buy these.
    Leerah likes this.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I would love account to account transfers, but account theft, character sales, RMT (real money transaction) sales of characters go through the roof. I'm willing to bet having to roll new characters if we move across servers leads to more marketplace sales as well. potions, mounts, Heroics.

I do agree there are better ways to make money without crossing P2W lines.
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You can't charge players monthly fee for things that should be included in the next expansion they pay for.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

so much this.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

If EQ went to +50% xp full time, I bet more people would come back, or start new.

For a new player it's intimidating to get to 115.

No wonder so many people redguide and run scripts.

also rampant script use drives a LOT of players away.
    Leerah, Veteran_BetaTester and Dre. like this.
  9. Scryn New Member

I really wish this would either be completely rescinded for the genuinely terrible idea it is, or simply added to the game as a whole in the next expansion / content update for All Access members.

As an on-again-off-again player since early 2000, this really is the worst idea that I can say is wholly bad for the health of EQ as it is presented.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm not convinced, FV already has 50% more XP than the rest of the live servers 365 days a year.
    For everyone else we get plenty of bonus XP events each year.

An overhaul of the game I could see getting some old players back and some new players interested.

Depends on a whole plethora of variables, friends, guidlies, can they afford a Heroic Upgrade and are they willing to do so, can they get groups relatively easily, are they having a hard time learning their class.

Getting to 115 from 111 solo is not that difficult, group whenever you can & keep doing your overseer daily.

Getting from 75 to 111 without any help but a Merc is difficult for most classes, most of the gear you "could" get in the bazaar is not there on a mature server outside of FV and there will be next to no chance of getting groups, you have to make them and not everyone is cut out for that.

I am sure there are many reasons why players cheat, from not wanting to do "un-fun" plat-farming, tradeskill item gathering or what some may see as a boring AA grind to being able to generate krono to fund their gaming and a whole bunch of other justifications.

Myself I think the only thing you cheat is yourself out of a sense of achievement, however not everyone is wired the same.

Maybe, I think most people get annoyed by it to varying degrees but most find a way to play the game in spite of it anyhow.
    I myself do report obvious cheating I see, but I haven't seen a whole lot of it, I think the last petition I raised about cheating dates back to when I was on Ragefire.
    Only tool we as players have is petitions and I am as annoyed as anyone else to see the same cheats get away with it for weeks or months on end.
  11. Duvaren New Member

I am going to assume you have heard about the recent World of Warships exodus?
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Since the Puerto Rico debacle?

Wargaming Chicago-Baltimore (The Console Developers of World of Warships, World of Tanks and World of Warplanes franchises) Did a dockyard promotion where players could do missions and unlock stages of a ship being built, starting with the Keel and working their way up. Anyone who was good at math though, soon realized that accumulating the progress legitimately was actually mathematically impossible, but to solve this dilemma, Wargaming sold advancement, on a sliding scale, so the more you had done, the more it cost to buy through.

Numerous community contributors (people semi sponsored by WG CB, given special accounts to make videos with, etc. left at that time./ I was a CC and made it as far as World of Tanks update 6,0 where WG CB bait and switched a whole new impostor game, took away literally hundreds of crews people spent years building, paid for or earned in game crew vouchers to increasecrew power and.. WG CB just stole it all and replaced it with a shoddy substandard replica game. Rumor had it WG CB lost rights to their game engine. They have become and have been crooks and charlatans and I dearly hope EQ stops following them off a cliff of greed and whale-looping into the not so proverbial sunset.

EQ is still the best MMO out there BECAUSE it's not that.

How not to treat customers in an MMO

Duvaren and Skuz like this.
  13. Knight-errant Journeyman

So, if I'm understanding how this works, you want us to pay monthly fees on top of our subscription. And those fees will add up to be as much as the cost of an expansion over the course of a year.

If that's the case, I need better perks to entice me. These tiny little bonuses will not be noticeable as is. 10% more coin? Really? So 110 plat instead of 100? 5% more exp? When I have an AA that gives me 100% bonus once a day? Do you see the issue here? Where's the value?

Why should I shell out more money, if I won't even notice the benefits as I play?
    Kaenneth and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  14. TenkenTurtle Elder

I'd pay an extra $20 a month for quarterly epic equivalent quests on the quarterly.
  15. Iamkarma New Member

I think that you should throw in a free krono every month for all payers for all access memberships. Sorry to those that pay plat for kronos for all access but it's to encourage more payers I would think.
  16. Dre. Altoholic

Perk of the returnee +100% exp until 110 and triple skillup chance below 250
    Leerah, Skuz and Stymie like this.
  17. Finchy Augur

wasn't EQ built on a custom built game engine? I thought I recall it was all built internally and that's a large part of the problem for updating it, because it was so poorly coded that it'd pretty much have to be completely rebuilt from the ground up in order for it to be compatible with anything out these day, or am I remembering that wrong?
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Windows 11 likes this post.

Directx 11 AND12 both LOLed outright at my DX9 preexisting installation.

Maybe hold off on more lifetime subs til we see how nice EQ gets on with Win11

and yeah. Imagine if you will a game written, then the writer team gets replaced mid expansion in semi contentious manner and new devs kinda stamping out existing stuff and since then another 15 years of new and old devs devving up something, new, old, new old new owners have all put the touch on EQ, yet it's maintained a better than 99% uptime since I had a 28 waist.

Part of my great love for Everquest is in the history lesson you can walk through, The art, the mechanics, the concepts, like instanced vs open world, the never used zonelines for zones that were abandoned mid development, the names of devs and engineers past and present on so many NPCs.

If EQ stops doing that, it stops being EQ. Then I may as well go play WoW with everyone else (and most of the devs)

I despise Ion though. Almost as much as Holly. /shrug
  19. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Bazaar system needs a complete do-over anyway. Offline trader setup is annoying and unreliable.
    Skuz and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  20. RPoo Augur

The only perk worth paying for:
    100% less lag
    100% more customer service
    The return of EQplayers and Legends of Norrath
    Metanis and Duvaren like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.