Ok let's scrap perks asap [DEVS]

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by narcissistic_person, Sep 9, 2021.

1. narcissistic_person New Member

Alright... Are we in agreeance this is not at all what the player base is looking for? Let's scrap this before it gets out of hand and the game starts flushing completely down the toilet. What an absolute ludicrous money grab. I am appalled.
    Dre., Thunderkiks and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  2. ViciousEQ Elder

I love it and I'm happy to give them 5 more bucks a month to support them.
    Tymeless and code-zero like this.
  3. TheGoblin Elder

I love these things! Since I haven't paid for a sub in many years with cash, I'm ok with giving them $5 a month to get a small bonus.

So we are all in agreeance these are pretty good?
    Tymeless and code-zero like this.
  4. Plumbus Lorekeeper

I think it's a great idea. They needed to raise subs somehow, nice that we will get some bonuses along with it. The, not losing level one, seems a little odd and exploity tho. I think I would find something to replace that one.
    code-zero and Ozon like this.
  5. Febb Augur

They may need to tweak some of these perks but I think it's a great idea to bring more money to the company and hopefully they'll use some of that money to hire on more devs.
    Ozon likes this.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

Great idea. But don't underestimate the potential for poor implementation.
    code-zero and MasterMagnus like this.
  7. error Augur

"Perk" is just a term to try to make the system seem more palatable. It's not a perk when it's a service you're specifically paying for, it's a tiered subscription model. And the long term ramifications on the game are going to be terrible. You have marketers making game balance decisions and it's very likely that all future quality of life improvements to the game will be held hostage behind a paywall to sell more high tier subscriptions.

I'm just hoping that TLPs are minimally effected by this.
  8. Numiko Augur

Will they even work on TLP?

You get that big pop up about how account based bonus's wont work here every time you make a character after all.
  9. Triconix Augur

I would hope not considering TLP is the only place these perks would even matter. They are absolutely useless for live.
  10. Machen New Member

They aren't all that useful on the tlp's either. I'm against any form of pay to win, but this is... meh. I just hope it doesn't creep into more and more down the road.
  11. Lemerian Elder

They will work for TLP if applicable (ie, raid currency didn't do anything in scars of velious). Accendo said so.
  12. Moranis Augur

Honestly - I don't think they can scrap it. My money is on the possibility that DBG/DPG was livin' large on the mass in-store krono purchases from the Ragefire/Lockjaw/Phinny era when people swarmed back en masse from retirement and now, how many years later, is having to deal with the fact that many of those kronos are getting used and cutting into current income.

I'm not too opposed to it though actually - I think it's a good way to "tax" more hardcore players who run their subs off kronos.

I still think they should have an EXP boost that is tied to playtime - i.e. less time played = more exp boost.
  13. Gheed Is not reading your response

Level 60 boosts for TLP when?
    Kaylandra likes this.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I came to the forum today to see if the current expansion had gone on sale yet and came across this Perk silliness and am now wondering if I want to pony up for new expansions at all.

This thread also felt a little.. brigade-like. Where all other threads are mostly negative responses, this one seems... leading. Profiles hidden, a bunch of posts in a row. Blizzard devs sock puppet and use shills too.

We stopped playing their games somewhere around "Do you not have phones?" level of disconnect.

Also, FWIW we went to check out World of Warcraft right about when EQ dropped Phinigel and lowered the XP rate without telling anyone and made XP pots available on TLPs.

I had an 8 page thread railing at it that got locked by a dev who named her avatar after an NPC that was mostly noted for killing noobs. The old forum posts are gone, or they'd be links here.

When Darkpaw stepped in, we decided to come back and give the new face a try and see how things were handled.

We have been VERY impressed with how the bugreport forum has been lately. Responsive, adult, on point.

It worries us, this new direction.... Tiered pay to win mechanics.

Junk like this is why I personally bailed from Wargaming Chicago-Baltimore CC program. I'm not the first one (even today) to notice the WG-like feel to this.
  15. Xeris Augur

I think these benefits are pretty harmless. I guess the concern is the potential slippery slope that could happen.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

No. They are awful and it stinks of death.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Even the live players forum is like o_O.

Can someone get a job there and just run the ship?
    Accipiter likes this.
  18. Camniala New Member

I wouldnt be as opposed to this if the %exp was a little better. %5 ?? C'mon man!
  19. code-zero Augur

that's 5% multiplier on top of any other XP boosters you get.
  20. Gremin Augur

its blah to say the least.