New EverQuest Perks

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikana Augur

Bad idea with lacklustre benefits =/
    Sara Connor and Skuz like this.
  2. Moege Augur

And here we now have pay to win. Probably time to look for another game.
  3. Moege Augur

When this go active, the website needs to change.
    Currently reads

"One membership. One Price. All the perks"
  4. Elskidor Augur

Technically XP potions are p2w. Any money spent to gain an advantage is p2w, but some things are more accepted than others. Paying extra for perks is a slippery slope that can easily get out of hand.
    PCSS likes this.
  5. Lyssiana New Member

I've been playing EQ for 20 years, and have never posted in the forums until this announcement. Just want to add my 2cp to everyone else voicing their displeasure with this new system. Maybe it's time to go back to Project '99, because modern EverQuest is losing the plot. Hate these so-called "perks", even if most were free because they don't address any core game issues, further the journey in Norrath, or offer the casual long-term player any real incentives. The beginning of the end, methinks... :(
  6. Baeltor New Member

As part of a subscription, sure and thank you. But as an additional fee, no thank you.
  7. Slasher Augur

What exactly is pay to win here ?
  8. Aegir Augur

These Perks probably won't be the last ones (even though i sincerely hope they are).

Coming up:

Berserker's Perk: +5% Critical Melee Damage. +5% chance to score a Critical Hit. +5% Flurry Chance.

Templar's Perk: +5% to exceptional heal chance. +5% exceptional heal amount.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  9. TheGoblin Elder

They have Exp potions - P2W. They have undispellable 4 hour potions - P2W. They have mounts that give stats - P2W.

Then you have half the people here saying P2W while the other half is saying these suck. So I guess it's P2Lose?
  10. Duvaren New Member

It seems Daybreak has been taking notes on gouging their player base from Wargaming.
    Skuz and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  11. Triconix Augur

You can acquire mounts with the same (or better) buffs than mounts you can buy. So mounts with buffs being P2W is largely dependent on how you've acquired the mount.

It's also hard to compare a limited time, one-time potion purchase to something with a 100% uptime (as long as you keep the monthy sub going).
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I used to be a CC

"CC" - community Contibutor for Wargaming Chicago-Baltimore content and quit then over exactly this sort of horse puckery. (Google world of tanks 6.0 update.)

Pay to win, pay to advance bull.

Meanwhile, if I primary anchor to my house, the game drops me in Tranquility or some noob zone because the instance doesn't spin up.

22 year old game doesn't need this BS.
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I can't like this post enough.

This is a Waterloo moment for EQ
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Wargaming approves of this tactic (and is down 80% MAU since 2018 due to it)
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

we already have divine rezzing clerics and expedient recovery. This is also a seriously limited use thing as it only really applies to someone who just dinged a level. noone is losing an entire level like that AND has already burned their Expedient Recovery. If you're losing entire levels and already burnt other recovery options, this perk will not save you. It's a dumb perk for dumb people.
  16. Zanarnar Augur

I've been saying for a while that EQ will die a quiet death of bots trying to sell to other bots as that is all that's left playing.

Well way to go DPG!! You've proven me wrong on that point 100%. This is how EQ dies.
    Sara Connor likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Depends if as we expect the next expansion means we level to 120, it could be useful to ding 120 activate the perk and not worry about doing anymore exp and until all AAs are done. 3 months maybe without needing a rez, no exp just AA all the way, no more complaining about pally rezes on raids :)
    Stymie and code-zero like this.
  18. Muwahaha New Member

Welp this ruins everquest. sigh. That makes clerics rez completely and utterly useless.
  19. Grove Augur

Quote: Merchant's Perk – Become one of the greatest merchants of Norrath
    Grants access to twelve-slot trader’s satchels.
    Enables an additional slot in your inventory.
    Adds a 10% chance bonus* to gain skill points in crafting skills.

Activate 1 Perk for $2.99/mo, 2 Perks for $3.99/mo, or all 3 Perks for $4.99/mo End Quote

Looks like the extra inventory slot and two extra slots on trader bags disappear after 30 calendar days or a calendar month (or something). :(
  20. Warpeace Augur

Or can push for a second 96% rez for Paladin, why complain:D.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.