AoCs on Live? Pretty pretty please with a high 4 offered to sweeten the pot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jhinx, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

What about disabling DZadds for AoC instances? that way you can't loot with your main after killing with an alt without the lockout. or other loot restricting mechanisms, like locking once the chest is opened/lootable boss killed.
  2. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

My hope is to mainly help people with fairly low-end content, like Kedge or Naggy or Seru. Locking the DZ does not worry me unduly (outside of not letting someone back in who went LD before/during the big boss fight), but what would the concern if there was no point where the DZ locked?
  3. Bigstomp Augur

Going LD does not remove you from the DZ. (It removes you from the raid but you stay in the DZ)
  4. FranktheBank Augur

I don't think you understand how AoCs work.

If you are added to a DZ to loot, you inherit the lockouts.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  5. Rainlover Augur

Hands down, it is past time for Live to have AoC for the same content that progression servers get it for, if they are worried about instances, increase the lockout time of phase them in so that the rush is just on one xpac at a time mostly, but bring them to live.
    Jhinx likes this.
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Irrelevant, they can make them work however they want.
  7. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Devs, any word on whether this is something you'd consider implementing?
  8. Captain Video Augur

Another one of these threads *sigh*. The devs have said no to AoCs on Live servers so many times I've lost count. The argument against, as I understand it, is that a stampede of achievement hunting would likely open up 10x or more simultaneous DZs on each Live server than we see at peak use on any TLP, and that would consistently crash servers. Many Live players have dozens of alts on multiple accounts, and each and every one of those toons is capable of opening new DZs. In addition, the majority of Live servers are already more "memory-stressed", if you will, due to the volume of current endgame raiding (which no TLP has ever seen happen really); the lag issues in current raid content are well known, and that's happening without there being >any< AoCs on Live.

The only way this could work and prevent that kind of scenario would be to have a quota system, on an account-wide basis, of how many DZs you could request, per week or per month, with or without the ability to purchase additional access in the Marketplace. That's a lot more development work than has been done so far to implement the TLP version.
  9. Marton Augur

The devs said no to many things over years and eventually some of those things happened.

AoC should get on Live. This is way overdue.
    Raccoo and Sokki like this.
  10. baider Elder

this would bring back a lot of players too who want to experience some nostalgia, and rather than their returning experience getting them hooked it just pisses them off because everythings dead and then they dont subscribe and pay.
  11. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

This game changes ownership every time Raster spawns in Guk.

EG7 might have different thoughts/priorities/whims than previous owners as to this request.

Then again they might not.

Who knows? We can only ask.
  12. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Dre. likes this.
  13. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Dre. and Nennius like this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

15. narcissistic_person New Member

Too bad I run my live crews currently as only the tank subbed and 5 silver accounts
  16. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

That is the best list that I could find on the interwebs.

It's missing at least the AoC for VP (in Skyfire) [which I have notified Alla about] and ones for Qvic and some in PoR [which I haven't found on Test yet so have not reported to Alla]. If you find others, I'd suggest contacting Gidono so he can make entries. It would be nice to have a complete list.
    Ozon, Tucoh and Yinla like this.
  17. Stymie Pendragon

That didn't age well. :)
  18. Captain Video Augur

Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy to see it happen as anyone, I've just repeated the excuses devs have offered up before. It will definitely be interesting to se what happens, performance-wise. It's not something that can be tested on the Test server, there aren't nearly enough players there.
  19. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

This didn't age well.
  20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

The irony of your name and posting this. ;)
    Stymie, Accipiter and Tucoh like this.