So this is a thing now....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Senlronia, Sep 8, 2021.

1. demi Augur

lol
  2. demi Augur

for 2.99 they should up the xp bonus to 20% ..

they have enchanters learner's aura which is like 5- 8% <doesnt stack with anything>

the 500 DBC can net you i think 3 25% 4 hour xp potions or you can buy the 10% ones for 90 DBC each. also lets not forget you can buy 5 bottles of 50% xp potions for plat in the baz usually for less than 3 to 400k ..

also im gonna assume if you buy this perk its account wide so the bonus xp would apply to all your toons ?

it also says stacks with all added bonuses so does that mean it stacks with lesson and pots or just the in-game bonuses during holidays and special events ?
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

4. Froglok Augur

Make EQ better and you boost revenue.

Do Lifetime Account get these Perks for free?

There are so many better ways to boost revenue. There are so many missed opportunities via the Marketplace.

Here's a great example... let's take the recent Past Expansion Collector's Bundle. I am sure there were sales, but there was not likely as much revenue brought in as there could have been.

I am confident there are a lot of Players that would be far more interested in buying at least 1 of the 13 items from the Past Expansion Collector's Edition Bundle. However, far, far fewer Players are willing, or even desire, to buy all 13 items as a Bundle, for $80!

Selling the individual items would surely have created far more sales / revenue than the Bundle itself, imo.

At $79.99 (7999 DBC), each of the items is valued at about $6.15 (615 DBC). Most players may want Item A and maybe Item B, but have absolutely no interest in any of the other items.

If each item had been offered as a stand-along item and jacked up to $10 each (1K DBC), I have no doubt overall sales / revenue would have been far more than selling the Bundles.

For instance, I would have likely bought multiples of the Mark of Brell and / or the Ornate Barding for each of my toons that do not have one (that's 1,000 DPC x 13 Characters or 13,000 DBC).

No way am I buying multiple Bundles just to get those items. A loss of 5,001 DPC in sales for DB.

Just saying.
  5. demi Augur

you do realize that the mark of brell as well as the sceptre of draconic calling are now Heirloomable so they can be put in shared bank and used on whatever toon of 13 you wanted ..
  6. Zolav Augur

So...
    You don't like these ideas being offered then don't purchase them.. what is all the blah blah blah about?

You guys can turn a birthday cake into a burnt meatloaf you know that? lol
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

Not if those 13 toons were spread out over 13 accounts...
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  8. demi Augur

copy/pasted from the link on page 1 .. https://www.everquest.com/news/new-everquest-perks-2021

Adventurer's Perk Challenger's Perk Merchant's Perk

Become a mighty adventurer in the world of Norrath! Challenge the world of Norrath! Rise as one of the greatest merchants of Norrath!

• Gain a 5% experience bonus that multiplies with other experience bonuses you earn.
    • Loyalty vendors, such as Alerynril the Loyal, will provide a 10% discount on loyalty items.
    • Grants access to twelve-slot trader’s satchels.
    • Rake in 10% more coin from your kills.
    • Your mercenaries will gain experience 10% more quickly.
    • Enables an additional slot in your inventory.
    • Earn 10% more alternate currency from modern raids.
    • You won't lose a level when your character falls in battle.
    • Adds a 10% chance bonus* to gain skill points in crafting skills.
    *Chance bonus is multiplied by your base skill-up chance and is additive with any other chance bonuses. Chance bonus capped at 100%. If there are other chance bonuses in effect, this will only increase to a maximum of 100%.

so when they talk about chance bonus are they referring to additive experience. for example if I have lesson going which is 100% xp bonus then the 5% bonus perk that im paying for wont add due to it maxes out at 100% ? also same with dbl bonus weekends when its 100%
  9. demi Augur

true , but you didnt state that .. I was assuming (which is my fault for the assumption :p ) you meant on 1 account .. my bad
  10. demi Augur

gonna derail the topic for a minute and ask anyone know why when I post the links at bottom <home - forums - EQ discussion - TVL > are in the bottom of my post window so when i type out something long it interferes when i want to highlight or link or add a quote (reply) ? just curious ..
    Veteran_BetaTester and Kaenneth like this.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

I didn't state it, I am assuming that the person you originally replied to has 13 accounts, we could both be -wrong :p
    demi likes this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Oh good, its not just me.
  13. Froglok Augur

The 10% Discount with the Loyalty Vendor, I suppose, is OK, since many of the items are way overpriced when you consider that the number of crowns you can have is capped... and awarding of Crowns has been buggy lately.

However, the Loyalty Vendor has been pretty neglected over the years (i.e. the bags are still small by todays standards and little of interest to current game levels has been added).

Maybe this is a sign the cap on Crowns will be lifted and better items may see their way to this Vendor?

Yea.... wishful thinking, I know. LOL
  14. Froglok Augur

Having one on each toon saves the trouble of having to go the bank or pull out / waste a Banker to get it... and then remember to put it back later. I like the convienience of all ready having it to just click and go.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

In other news, Agent of Change for All-Access players on live servers will be here soon...
  16. Froglok Augur

On that topic... not being a TLP Player, as I understand it, a AOC is a way to get an instanced version of Luclin, and earlier expansion Raids, so long as you have at least 6 Players (no Mercs). No?
  17. theonepercent Augur

You're mixing up exp and tradeskills.
  18. Froglok Augur

Questions I have...

-Since you can pay for EQ Monthly or for up to a year at a time, will there be a way to also pay for these a year at a time? Or are you forced into a monthly payment?

-Will you be able to opt in and out of these Perks, at leisure?

-Will the bonuses (i.e. +10% Coin) stack with luck? To be clear, does Luck happen first, or does the extra coin happen first? After all, luck should additionally boost the extra coin one way, but not the other.

-How will we acquire the 12-slot Satchels? Marketplace? Player crafted? Claims? In-game Vendor? And does this mean this is the answer to bigger Trader Satchels that Players have long been asking for, for many years? (We want bigger than +2 slots.)

-If an account lapses, what happens with the 12-slot Trader Satchels, Extra Bag Slot and the items inside them? They pop to Parcels? They yellow-out like an item you have equipped but can't benefit from as you don't meet the restrictions? Poofage = bad mojo after all.

-Players who use Krono (essentially F2P)... can they opt in? I suppose they will have to pay the monthly fee without Krono? Or will this be limited to true All Access Players who use recurring payments (not Krono)? Or maybe Krono will be pro-rated down from a full month credit, to account for the options selected?
  19. Stymie Pendragon

How about a catch-up perk for level 65 to max on live servers? It gets rough after the trucks come out around 70. The times when I decide to make a return, I always have fun up to that point. Once I light blue Infected Splitpaw, I have to move on, and I lose interest. Mobs hitting 3-4 times harder for .1 exp per kill is demoralizing. 40 more molo levels of this?
  20. demi Augur

at lvl 65 your not getting .1 exp per kill .. the .1% xp doesnt take effect ill your 115 and in current content and even then your usually around .2 or .3% .. granted if you go back to say CoTF or even EoK your prolly get .1 at lvl 115..