Some of us need an expansion release date...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Cicelee Augur

Some of us have jobs where we have to request our PTO days off in advance.

Some of us have jobs where only a certain amount of employees can be off that day.

Some of us have already used our sick days and cannot just call in sick on an expansion day.

Some of us only have a few vacation days left.

Some of us like to plan things in advance.

Some of us want to play on opening day of a new expansion.

Some of us are hoping a red name can throw a date in this thread so some of us can request that day off before others jump in front of them.

Some of us hold out hope that a date will be given soon and not Soon(tm).
    Gyurika Godofwar, cadres and Salinae like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would not expect any news until mid to late October which is when they tend to announce such things in recent past.

CoV: Expansion announced October 14th
    ToV: Expansion announced October 16th
  3. bobokatt Augur

Man I am so there. I hear you Cicelee. I once booked a WEEK off YEARS ago when I knew a new expansion was coming. Man that sound (DING) when you finally get a new level after so long at being at 99.9999999 and max everything. October it is!
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

My magic 9-ball says December 7
  5. bobokatt Augur

UGH
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Some of us understand that they don't plan their releases around our raid guild obsessions.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

Folks are hitting 120 on the first day anyways, and many will finish all content progression the same day, or the day after, as well. Big whoop!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Riou EQResource

You wont be raiding until like sometime in January as well
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I was thinking 7th or 14th December
  10. demi Augur

who wants to play in a new expansion on day of release ? the lag fest is usually intolerable and the bugs from quests are usually really bad .. I like to wait a few days maybe even a week or 2 before i venture into the new zones ..

however , knowing ahead of time does help plan days off and budgets to pay for said expansions..
  11. Cicelee Augur

I could care less when it is released. Release it in February if they want to.

I am just asking that if they know the release date today, why wait to announce it? It would be nice to take a day or two off of work and be part of Day 1 excitement, but unfortunately for most of us we have jobs where we just can't come and go whenever we please. Some of us require planning and early communication with our employers... probably most of us.

Now if they don't know the release date, that is fine. Just let us know. "We will be making an announcement in mid October about the release date".

Just something besides silence.
  12. demi Augur

Silence is something that Darkpaw mastered long ago
    skill : Silence 500/500
    Gyurika Godofwar and Elyssanda like this.
  13. Cicelee Augur

Just like the last two expansions. No issue here.

Just would be a nice for communication when they internally know the release date to share that with the community. I guess I don't see why you would hold onto that information and keep it private.
  14. demi Augur

cause if they say a date and it doesnt happen then the community would be all bent out of shape .. and demand bonuses :p

like if they said december 15th and it was pushed to the 26th and everyone put in for their vacation or sick time(pto) for 15th they would be pissed ..
    Kaenneth, Sancus, Fanra and 1 other person like this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The last couple of preorders havent had a firm date on them just December 2020 and December 2021. The day wasn't released until after beta had started.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Just got off the phone with Ji Ham, confirmed March 13 release date, just locked in my vaca days
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Actually, Ji Ham told me February 29, 2022. And JChan confirmed. Guaranteed.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Nennius and Yinla like this.
  18. Allayna Augur

Good luck to those that still care about it, retirement has been blissful.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have some questions about stocks I'd like to ask.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

No one plays on release day - its too crowded.
    rip Yogi Berra