New EverQuest Perks

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dre. Altoholic

If bad things come in threes I'd hate to see the next decision in the hopper.

I'm not spooked by "pay to win" features but the value on these is so low that I'm just baffled.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

That's how I read it. Would be OP if you never lost XP, plus it would piss the clerics off.

But it still leads to some interesting possibilities.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

dont give them ideas...
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

As you point out sub prices have been stable for years, but it's consistent with the rest of the industry. Combine that with EQ's dependence on box accounts for revenue and sub price has to stay fixed.

If, they were savvy they would combine 6 month subscription, all 3 perks, and base expansion for as part of a pre-order bundle. Assuming pre-orders start around November-December that would line up with the next round of TLPs. Then, there would be another 6 month subscription bundle, 3 perks, and bags to prep for the TLP launch.

This is straight up ripped from Blizzard, but those people know how to print money on demand.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will they all work on TLP servers?
    Will the TS combine skill up work on 300 - 350 skills?
    What do you call modern raids?
  6. Hardtry New Member

How does the *not lose xp* perk work with Necro sacrifices. Those go for a bit on TLP's and are the main motivator for the group game once you hit 50.
    PCSS, Sancus, Kaenneth and 1 other person like this.
  7. Daemon Sicarius New Member

8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The perk isn't preventing the loss of XP but the loss of a level as for how they will work I think we will have to wait and see it in practice.
  9. Abrax Apprentice

This is a very bad path for Everquest to be going down.
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

is this the Raid coin? for what Expations and is COV/TOV and the next new Expansion in the fall ?
    • Earn 10% more alternate currency from modern raids.
    Peter_The_great likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It says in battle, so I asume the necro sacrifices will still allow level loss.
  12. Catashe Augur

If you gonna try and turn this into some kind of pay to win mobile game.. you really need to LEVEL UP your PERK game...
  13. Fooleryx New Member

At first i was like sweet then i read the actual perks and they seem rather useless. I'm not above pay to win but those perks are useless. Bring back Recruit a Friend on TLPs if you want a surge of revenue.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Abundant like this.
  14. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

If people want to spend their money on that it's their money. For me, however, that is a hard no.
  15. taliefer Augur

man i still miss those RAF bonuses. they were kinda nuts. these perks dont seem to be worth getting hot and bothered over. I'll toss them a fiver a month and maybe actually do tradeskills (besides fletching on a ranger cause you haveta do that) for a change
    PCSS and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. Elskidor Augur

If this is the direction the game wants to go down then I think it would have been smart to at least get the opinion of the players on what should be added. Not a fan of this tactic but the perks are at least weak so I'll ignore it and carry on.
    Abundant likes this.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

In fairness, I remember when many people freaked out about Overseer.

To give them the benefit of the doubt, the effect on the game remains to be seen. They should try the perks on Test Server (free to all Test Server players) for a few months and see what happens.

Rollout should also be limited on FV.
    Gyurika Godofwar and JettaTDI like this.
  18. error Augur

Really dislike systems like this and very much a slippery slope going forward.
  19. GoneFission Augur

The alternate currency should include group mission currency. People who don't raid still use alternate currency.

Not sure about adding these to subscriptions.
  20. Dharken Elder

Please tell me this is some kind of a Joke? Did yalls mental capability go back 20 years?
    12 slot trader satchels? I've got 6 traders and dozens of storage alts. Those 2 slots are a Joke.

And extra inventory slot? Okay. Why? Seems pointless beyond reason but OK.

Loyalty perks? Are yall planning to bring loyalty perks to a relevant point in the game? How many extra gold tickets does this mean?

10% currency on a kill... er... Luck basically does this, actually it does this better. Why would this be relevant on any server over TLP?
    10% on modern raids? Lolz. What does that really equal out to? Not a dang thing.

The prices are a Joke. Seriously. This is an insult to players, this is an insult to the waste of time you put in to it. Maybe yall should have devoted your time and assets to fixing things.. Not insulting the players with blatantly garbage perks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.