Mischief/Thornblade Experience Rate

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Pappasalt Augur

I'm actually really enjoying Thornblade, my only gripe so far is I feel like it needs a bit more base experience for being a primarily 2 month unlock server.

When we have a 50-100% bonus experience it feels like where it should be as the base. Don't get me wrong I don't want it to be Selo speed and understand that it's not...I just think it should be a bit higher. Won't see much now but when aa farming happens + glyph farming it's going to be much more noticeable imo.
    Hateseeker and theonepercent like this.
  2. Captain Video Augur

It's 12 weeks for every expansion with a level increase, which is when most players will do all the levelling necessary for their main(s). Base XP rates get bumped at intervals as the server progresses. The next automatic increase in the base XP will happen when GoD unlocks. By the time TSS unlocks, it will be equal base XP to Live servers. When the AA farming starts to happen in earnest, it won't be nearly as slow as you think.

XP rates are always higher when you are in a group vs. playing solo.
  3. Gremin Augur

We are 9 days from GoD which brings with it an xp increase.
  4. Captain Video Augur

Ummm... That's true on Aradune/Rizlona, but not on Mischief/Thornblade.
    Stymie and Yinla like this.
  5. Pappasalt Augur

Thank you for the information, already fully aware of such things though.

Guess we'll have to see about the AA grind but I disagree.

All I do is group.
  6. theonepercent Augur

+1 this is an FV server why don't we have at least FV exp bonus?
  7. Captain Video Augur

It is a free trade TLP server, not a FV clone server. The XP portion of the ruleset was clearly stated prior to launch.
  8. theonepercent Augur

So what? They increased the exp on Selo after launch, they can do it again.
  9. Hateseeker Augur

Players dont vote and arent consulted about potential rulesets.... now if there were people complaining about free trade loot, that's something for which "clearly stated prior to launch" matters, because that's the point of the server. Fixing bad xp rates, that deserves reconsideration no matter what was clearly stated before.
  10. hellofriend New Member

I would be entirely against making TLPs any easier. I think most people are happy with the XP rate, which is quite fast already compared to classic.
    Aelfwine and Gnothappening like this.
  11. Quik Augur

Wait for LDoN, farm AA xp in Paw. You get an AA every 10-20 min depending on if you have an xp pot going or not.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

We have a server with free trade and 10x the loot drops. Now people want the exp rate to be double. Like you, I don't think it should be any easier than it already is.

Hopefully for the next TLPs they do one with standard Mangler type rules and another one where you get auto granted everything at the release of each expansion. Then we can see which one is truly more popular.
  13. Pappasalt Augur

You people are unbelievable lol. Half of you won't even be here come this Spring.
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Really you think they are stupid enough to make another mangler server? :rolleyes: When compared to mischeif?
    Points to Coirnav and how'd that do as slow exp....
  15. Gnothappening Augur

Considering how successful Mangler was? Yes, I think they will do another one. I just checked and right now it shows as medium population. That isn't bad for a server of that age.

As far as Coirnav. It was good at the time. When Mangler came out people left.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

People going backwards on rulesets... :rolleyes:
  17. Gnothappening Augur

Going backwards on rulesets? Mangler is the basis for every server since it. They will probably do a few more special servers, but they will eventually go back and do another Mangler.
  18. Juskov Journeyman

Mischief is already the ultimate easy-mode server, not everyone wants that. As one poster said recently, some won't be satisfied until people can ask the agent of change for the loot rather than the raid for the loot. Now apparently we should just jump out of the box at L60. We can all stand around in EC looking cool in our raid gear that we just bought I guess and stop playing the game. Ok, a little hyperbole, but I had higher hopes for this server.

I'd kind of like a hybrid approach next time.
    Free trade: yes, but mark a few epic grief points no trade
    Increased rare spawn: yes
    Super-duper extra loot on everything: no
    1% chance for random loot along with the normal loot table on rare/raid mobs
    xp: Mangler base is good
  19. Pappasalt Augur

Little dramatic eh lol.

I'm talking about the future of the server /gasp past PoP! When most of the one's posting..probably including yourself..will be gone.

If you want a slower server, they have plenty of those available (Coirnav comes to mind). But again you won't play that most likely because it's too far past "vanilla." Including off the official servers if you really want a "hard" experience go to P99 /shrug.

But a 2 month mainly server with 200-400 aa per expansion at around 20min per aa is about 100hrs or so of gameplay to max aa lol...in a 2 month timeframe. Yes I'm aware of the extra month for level.

300/avg x 15min/aa = 75hrs/2 months = about 1.25hrs/day

The 1.25hrs/day does not include travel time...group setup..etc that is just straight xp time. That is also a low amount of AA for later on and a low estimate of aa/time. Where as a paladin in oow is almost 600 aa...you gonna be here for that one sport?
    theonepercent likes this.
  20. Hateseeker Augur

well, we arrived at "exp matching the server's unlock speed" = "AOC handing you the loot"