Fixed Internally Yelinak and Random Loot

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ViciousEQ, Aug 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngryKing Elder

0 need for a patch to completely remove him out of the pool.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Says the guy who ain't Ngreth.
  3. theonepercent Augur

Said Ngreth in another thread*
    Yinla and AngryKing like this.
  4. AngryKing Elder

They've did it multiple times on this server already. Sorry you weren't paying attention.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

But maybe in this thread he has made it clear, although that is one possible approach, he may not be doing that immediately, for his own reasons.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

But you keep alternately holding your breath waiting, and then expelling a bunch of hot air. See how well that works out for you.
  7. AngryKing Elder

Will do, just so long as we're on the same page that you were big wrong.
  8. Snakeslaps New Member

this server has been a wild ride and i really enjoy it

its so interesting to see the lil technical debt landmines the devs are uncovering from the unique usage of old content

love to see the community and daybreak coming together to refine the experience
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

OH boy are you getting a little big for your britches!

You need a lesson in reading comprehension bro.

I translated what Ngreth's words mean in practical terms to you.

I NEVER said anything about what they are capable of doing vis a vis treasure tables.

Don't even think you 'got me' there kiddo.
  10. magikarp Elder

have you all noticed hand of the master not dropping since pog day 1?

why it's related: there seems to be something about certain items (like yeli head and neck), that do no drop from their random pools

is there some kinda weighting system used?

all fighting aside about 'what loot pools should drop from what' - what we're seeing is yeli heads and necks are not dropping from the random loot tables. those make yeli worth it and may make this not so bad

we're getting a big face of yelinak farts every boss, but no substance. if ya know what i mean. give us something... uh solid

also where is the hand of the master :|
  11. AngryKing Elder

Yeli equips those items, which causes them to not be included when his pool gets rolled on a mob.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Did you catch this part?

fixed some typos and added aside in {}
  13. ViciousEQ Elder

Aary probably has hand of the master in its "equipment" like some of the other loots which is why its not random.

Also we have only seen 1 Hand of the Master ever and we kill things in Aary's tier all day everyday, so this claim has teeth:

08.19.21 Avenue Velious Loot default 150
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  14. magikarp Elder

well that sucks. what is essentially a system limitation is causing unintended impacts, then

imo put yelinak in the next tier down and let the necks and heads be rare. not perfect, but easiest, logical fix
  15. ViciousEQ Elder

We have a big enough sample size now that I can say with relative certainty that this did not happen.

[IMG]
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

What makes you think they aren't serious, or that his statement is not true, even with your empirical data being 100% correct?

Maybe he meant it was changed on their internal server but not rolled out live yet.

Maybe he intended to fix it, and that fix didn't 'take'. And he's busy with other stuff in the moment.

Lot's of possibilities.

Several of you have seemed very vocal on it. I think it's safe to say "it's on the list".
  17. Fenl Bard

Or you know, run a mage that is not KOS to CoV up to the top and just COTH the whole raid like everyone else does?

They should of just had the DZ dump you in the staging room like Phinny does
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I am working on this at this minute, changes should be in the upcoming patch.
    Skuz, Snakeslaps and MasterMagnus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.