Totally killed the excitement and buzz

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elite_raider, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Polekn Augur

Let's hope they will not continue the "tier" path for future expansions. It was clearly very unpopular and un-Mischief-like decision.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

The problem is the label TIERS. They aren't Tiers, so don't call them that.

They are lists grouped by Difficulty, or Power of Loot.

You should call them:
    Loot Groups
    or
    Difficulty Levels

Lowest power loot or lowest difficulty starts at 1, then as power or difficulty INCREASES your number INCREASES.

This makes it much more intuitive at a glance.
  3. Triconix Augur

Tier 1 & 2 - Planes of Influence
    Tier 3 - Planes of Power
    Tier 4 - Elemental Planes
    Tier 5 - Time

I don't think the targets for raiding is a reason why TLPs fail. People flake out because of burnout through fast progression or they want EZ mode that you find in classic-POP.
  4. verbatim Elder

Love the loot fixes. Small complaints aside this is a huge improvement to velious loot.

I also think there is something in the loot fixes for even smaller groups of players. KT/Yeli appear to be able to drop top tier loot (once the yeli bugs are worked out hopefully this extends to his dz as well). These are very accessible fights and give smaller groups a real shot at the high end gear.
  5. taliefer Augur

I like the changes overall. Still needs some fine tuning, but big improvement
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Got an example in mind?
  7. verbatim Elder

This is how randomization should be implemented, and continuing this model will improve the experience of future expansion content. Luclin but especially PoP should preserve the tiered pay out structure of their raid content while randomizing freely within those tiers.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

And even beyond, SoD era you need the previous tier's armor to make the top version, being able to get the 2nd version visibles isn't going to be helpful if you can't get the 1st in a semi controlled way.
  9. Mashef Augur

The only tiers in EQ are POP and some more current expansions. Stop fabrictating trash in your own mind. Anyone worth their salt can kill Yeli with 18 players and Vulak about 24. Let's not put them on the same tier as AoW. The entire thread should be locked for fake news about tiers.

Heck, Lady Nev takes more of a raid force than half the mobs someone foolishly listed in "t1"
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

I guess these servers aren't for you. Better luck to you on the next round of TLPs.
  11. honker3576 New Member

Cool story kid, but the adults are talking about designing an intelligent randomization system that is fun for everyone. No one cares that you can clock in to the part-time job that is low-man Yeli and Vulak. Be sure to not get busted for automation.
    Dono27 likes this.
  12. Risiko Augur

In my opinion, this is the first TLP server that they have gotten the ruleset close to perfect.

Straight up, this is the most CASUAL server they have ever made, and if you are a more hardcore raider type, this just might not be the server for you.
  13. TheGoblin Elder

Actually being a hardcore raider on here is even better. We get the gear we want to kill things quicker and with more splits. And we can sell the extra gear that we don't need or want to flip to the casual players who can't join a guild that can kill a bigger raid.
  14. Gnothappening Augur

You want a "grown up" discussion? Okay, how about this. Mobs are already dropping 4x-10x as much loot as they should be. By having 2 group mobs drop the best loot in the game at a 10x frequency, you end up with there being zero challenge and all BIS gear just be a log in and have it handed to you idea.

A lot of you guys claim you hate that people can just buy BIS gear in the commons, when chain spawnable and 2 group mobs drop 10x the best loot in the game, expect people to be starting level 1 toons and dropping 2kr on all BIS from the start.

I know they can't code it this way, but it would have been fair to have left everything as a big bucket if they would have given lowbie mobs 1 item, next tier say 3 items, next tier 5 items, and last tier say 9 items. But again, I know they can't code it this way so it is what it is.

As it is, all I see are people upset that they can't kill the lowest level mobs for 10x the best loot in the game. Oh wait, I also see these same people wanting to be able to laugh at the guilds that put in the work to kill the big raid mobs when those guilds get a gem and bone chips for loot.

This is the first time I have ever seen people advocate that the easiest mobs in a game should drop the same amount and best loot. As for the moss snakes (I prefer Vulak Cougars), that is just a logical extension to wanting a 2 groupable mob to drop Vulak/AoW loot.
    Siah and Accipiter like this.
  15. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

My bad. When there was no level raise after or gear overlap with SoD I just labeled them 6 through 9 as a direct continuation.
  16. Triconix Augur

I mean, that's not really true, as evidenced by the obvious and linear progression of [intended] raid difficulty design and loot quality in most expansions. Also, the requirement of the completion of a task or certain amount of tasks before you can move on usually indicates tiering and the progression of said tiers.

The only eras where tiering is a bit jumbled, convoluted, or just not really existent is the first couple expansions. Even itemization of early expansions was pretty wretched with many BIS (or close to) items weren't even from raids. It took devs a few attempts to lay the groundwork. However, you do have the foundations of tiering, such as VP and ST key.
    Stymie likes this.
  17. Gnothappening Augur

PM me the strats on 18 for yeli and 24 for vulak. My friends and I have been holding off because we didn't think we could do it with 24 until Luclin.

:)
  18. Polekn Augur

I think part of the reason is that there was very little group/small guild content worth doing. You had to join a big raiding guild and do a few of the same few raids over and over every 5 days. I thought this server would be different, but it looks like the idea that "casuals shouldn't be allowed to fight Nagafen" prevailed after all.
    Dono27 likes this.
  19. Kahna Augur

My guild killed Yeli last night with 18 and it was a walk in the park. I am sure you don’t actually want the strats though because you wouldn’t want breadline loot just handed to you. Figure it out. Isn’t that what earning it is all about?
  20. Gnothappening Augur

Honestly, it is enough to know that it can be done with that. That makes the actual bread line players QQ'ing over loot changes even worse.

I don't see us being able to do it until luclin as we don't have a ton of epic monks like a lot of guilds. With boxing you need simple to control so we will wait until Luclin and ranger AA's make them /autofire maniacs.