Totally killed the excitement and buzz

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elite_raider, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Elite_raider Augur

Yea we got good loot from the tier 1 mobs, yea we got not as good loot from the tier 2 mobs, we didn't get any crap loot on any mobs, it totally killed the excitement. I know it is weird to advocate for a chance of getting crapy loot, but yea, I guess that is what made the difference on this server, now it just feels like any other grind TLP for raiding....
  2. HekkHekkHekk Augur

I thought the excitement was getting everything you could ever want easily?
  3. Gnothappening Augur

That is what many on the forums wanted. The least effort for the maximum reward. Ideally just log in with gear equipped.
  4. Alnitak Augur

"Instant Gratification Fatique" - in theaters near you !
    They should have made Mischief the old-school server: no Gina, no Discord, no game mouses or keyboards. Ride like real players raided in 2000 !
  5. Triconix Augur

The TLP forums have bastardized the meaning of the tiers so much I don't even know what they mean anymore. Tier 1 in the long history of EQ normally represents the lowest of the tiers. Your complaint is your gear from the higher tier is better than the lower tier? Seems pretty natural to me. Or are you using T1 as the top? And if so, whose brilliant idea was it to reverse the standard nomenclature that's been around for decades?

[IMG]
  6. Captain Video Augur

Bunches of people who have clearly never played past PoP, if that.
    Xhartor likes this.
  7. Elite_raider Augur

I am referring to this post:

The fun was never knowing if you got good or bad loot from easy or hard mobs, now you know if you kill a mob in tier 1, you always get the good loot, it's a bit meh....
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
    Appren likes this.
  9. Elite_raider Augur

The problem is, it forces everyone in to killing the same encounters they always have, with the one big bucket you could justify taking the different path and going and seeing and testing out different encounters. With the tiered system, you are basically locket in to killing just the "high" end mobs everyone always have done, it makes the game so much smaller then it was when there was one big bucket...
    Dono27 likes this.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

Let's be realistic. With one big bucket you should chain farm Dain and minis in Growth.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You use the word "forces" here, that's not at all what is happening.

People are choosing to bore themselves stupid, if they are only farming a small selection of the mobs from each tier, so clearly it is working.

The tier system is related to mob difficulty, you cannot expect to get Vulak Aerr loot from a grass snake....

The "one big bucket" is only applicable if all of the mobs are of the same/a similar difficulty - so if every single mob in the bucket with Vulak are tweaked to have the same difficulty and the same number of mobs required to kill in order to reach it then fair enough.

You may as well ask for free loots as ask for a "one big bucket".
  12. Ozon Augur

I must be totally dumb, because I remember Ct not having near the same level of loot as rest of that T1, KT and Yelinak both have some substandard loot, so does AoW really. In fact they all do. It sounds like RNG blessed you and now you are upset?
  13. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Heh, I get a migraine every time I look at the Tiers for Underfoot on Allah's.... Why oh why did someone decide it was the proper thing to do, to continue SoD tier levels over into UF... THERE IS NO T9!!!
    Aneia likes this.
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The WoW community or devs (not sure which) decided that the tiers would just continue on forever. I think current content is considered Tier27 or something. I guess I went against EQ's preferred nomenclature by considering T1 to be the highest rather than the lowest. In the future I will refer to them in alphabetical order.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  15. Numiko Augur

Really why bother raiding at all on this server? Buy some Krono, head to EC tunnel and you have full BiS without ever setting eyes on a dragon.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Done what's next?
  17. Lisard Silly

now go farm and sell items to make the krono back AN DEN sell all your OP items you bought originally and prepare for the next TLP
  18. Elite_raider Augur

If all you have to argument with is to exaggerate and take the extreme twist of what someone is saying, knowing full well that you are trying to put meaning in to a statement that you clearly must know is wrong. Well, then you are wasting your own and everyone else's time. How about having a grown up discussion, or is that to much to ask of you 2 after all your "valid" arguments for your stance has been falsified, or is this all you have left of argument for your "side", pretending to be simple minded clowns?

-----------------

It's no secret that everyone wants bis gear, when everything was in a big bucket you could vary what raids you did from week to week and maybe not do the same raid more then 2 to 3 times in a month or two, because you would have a chance at the bis loot regardless, it made every week exciting and fun to look forward to. Now that we have these small buckets, you are left with no other choice then to farm the same targets/raids every week for the duration of the expansion, the same raids every week. If you want to know why TLP's fail, this is a big part of it.....

What many of you fail to see is how this will effect the coming expansions if they continue down the path of the small buckets, I know you all got dazzled by the sleeper 1.0 loot that got hung before you in this expansion, but it's important to see what is coming tomorrow, not just what is happening today...
    Dono27 likes this.
  19. Rauven Augur

First time I ever heard of tiers being used for MMORPG content was in Planes of Power. You had the Tier 1 Planes (Justice, Innovation, Disease, and Nightmare), Tier 2 (Valor, Storms, Torment, and Decay), Tier 3 (Torden, Drunder, Honor, and Solro Tower), Tier 4 (Air, Earth, Water, and Fire), and then Time, sometimes called Tier 5.

That was a few years before WoW's release.
    Raccoo likes this.
  20. Nolrog Augur

Sometimes I laugh when people think everything in an MMO was invented by WoW.