Locked raid zones on Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Polekn, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Polekn Augur

Does anyone know if developers said anything about how locked raid zones will work on Mischief? Will we still have to kill Emperor to get to VT, do the usual PoP progression, Ikkinz raids for Txevu, MPG raids for Anguish, etc?
    I am one of those players who plays with a small group of friends (12-18 characters) with no desire to join any big guilds. I started playing in Kunark when I saw what they did with raids there. I thought they intended to make this server small group-friendly and it was exactly what I needed. I 've played on too many TLPs, raided too much and just can't afford the time commitment and set schedule that comes with large guild raiding anymore.
    However, I never saw devs say anything about the future expansions. I think the normal progression rules will kill small guilds, especially if they continue this multi-tier loot system which was introduced with the last hotfix.
  2. Iyacc Augur

Usually does, over time - if those small guilds insist on wanting to raid the harder targets/zones without getting big enough to do so.

Typically, most of the TLPs develop some sort of PUG atmosphere to get around this issue. That's probably your best bet.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You already had locked zones and raid zones in Kunark and there is no reason to think that how it worked will change.
  4. Agarwaen New Member

Afaik it has the same requirements as other TLPs, i.e must do progression keys. The good news on this server is that gear which normally is only available to lead guilds is accessible which in turn makes content in kunark through dodh a lot more accesible for small guilds and casual guild.
  5. Polekn Augur

It was much easier to access Kunark locked zone (VP) since any raid mob could drop Trak teeth. I expect they would do the same in Luclin with planar rifts. But PoP+ flags require hails. Would be interesting to see what devs do there if anything.
  6. Shindar The Reaver Journeyman

Emp himself doesn't drop the rifts like Trakanon, So I highly doubt you will see them on other targets
  7. Polekn Augur

I understand that, but it would be trivial to add rifts to raid targets table.
  8. Shindar The Reaver Journeyman

2 emp kills and the rifts start going to boxes, doubt it will happen. Trakanon keys on the same tier targets along with the bard guts was just easier for them then trying to lock them to just Trakanon on a random loot table
  9. Polekn Augur

It depends on developers intentions. I agree that it is possible that they added Trak teeth to shared raid loot by accident or just did not want to spend a minute or two on removing them if they noticed it. I guess we will see what happens in Luclin.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

I know we all like to spout our opinions on the server rules. So with that in mind...

It's a "random loot" server, not an "easy flagging" server. I wouldn't expect any change to PoP flagging.
  11. bardybard Augur

Why do you need to get a VT key if you only have 12-18 people? Your group can kill 2 named in there tops.
    Raiding is not a big time commitment, pretty much any expansion can we done with about 6 hours of raiding per week ... I am willing to bet you would spend more time trying to kill things with your small crew
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What is wrong with only being able to kill two named? Do you have to be able to clear everything in a raid zone to make it worthwhile? If they can kill it that just means more loot for the group.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The Rifts are also tradeable like Trak Teeth were, so even if your guild can't kill Emp you can probably buy them pretty cheap 3-4 weeks into the expansion if you wanted to get in and kill the Thall Va Xakras.