Plane of Growth trash dropping Vulak Loot needs to be fixed ASAP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JohnnyBgood, Aug 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elite_raider Augur

You are wrong, one has motm and one does not. the dev's clearly stated that they handle motm and non motm mobs differently. You are legless sir......
  2. Triconix Augur

Selfish agenda? You're barking up the wrong tree. I don't even raid on the server. Why would I care about what drops?

I'm simply stating that the server was advertised as having loot randomized among raid npcs of similar level. People clearly have wildly different, and specific, definitions that they just made up and believed to be truth.

Nice conclusion jumping and assumptions on your end though. The amount of vitriol toward people with viewpoints is staggering.

If you want global randomized loot, that's fine, but it should not be proclaimed as if the server was promoted as such. Because it wasn't.
    Siah and Tweakfour17 like this.
  3. Elite_raider Augur

I will repeat it for you since you are pretending to be blind:

"You are wrong, one has motm and one does not. the dev's clearly stated that they handle motm and non motm mobs differently. You are legless sir....."
  4. Elite_raider Augur

I will repeat it for you, they use the numerical number to group all rare nameds, they used MoTM to group all raid mobs.
  5. AngryKing Elder

I was going to bring up the motm, but wasn't 100% sure whether or not king/queen were. Drusella and Phinny weren't as they were both mezzable before last patch.
  6. Gnothappening Augur

Random Loot: Enabled
    • These servers randomize loot.
    • Rare NPCs drop loot from other NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
    • Raids drop loot from other raid NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
    • Rare NPCs have a greater chance of spawning.
    I'm sorry, where does it mention MOTM in that? That is the part everyone wants to say means numeric level and ONLY numeric level. As for the devs saying they will treat MOTM and non MOTM differently, I think Ngreth also said he would be treating several types of mobs differently.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Hate Minis/ Phinny/Sky all have MOTM, that was not the only bucket or category they used for rnadomization.

MOTM has nothing to do with being mezzable or not, both Dru and Phin had MOTM before the patch also.
    AngryKing likes this.
  8. Triconix Augur

Please provide factual evidence that is what they said they were doing and implemented. Because it doesn't seem that way. It seems like you're just taking what you THINK they are doing and claiming it as fact.

(It's pretty obvious MOTM wasn't the basis to group raid mobs considering how two of the three golems in fear didn't have MOTM and they were dropping other raid npc loot)
  9. Elite_raider Augur

Here you go:

10. Elite_raider Augur

They had a bucket for quest mobs, like PoSky mostly consists of and phinny falls in because of all the epic drops, didn't realize you were even questioning that or didn't understand that......
  11. Flashwit New Member

A straight tier system is way too restrictive and will destroy a lot of the novelty of this server for smaller guilds. Diminishing returns where the lowest tiers have a lower chance, but still a chance, of getting high end loot wouldn't be the end of the world if something has to change. Otherwise the loot rules are a breath of fresh air as they currently exist, obvious bugs aside.
  12. Soliloquy New Member

One thing is clear and should be upheld. Random Loot.

Random loot is why we're all on Mischief and it's what makes it so fun. Please keep things in the spirit of the server when considering how to balance it.

With this in mind, If the PoGrowth trash is the same level as Vulak, let it drop the same loot, perhaps just make sure they don't drop as many pieces?

One thing's for sure, anything that breaks up the supremacy of tryhard guilds trying to corner the market is great in my book!
  13. w4rble New Member

You all need to quit complaining about drops. The devs have a vision and will tweak it as they go. The only ones getting over this stuff are krono farmers. Like any other product, people are free to vote with their wallets and leave the server if it's not fun for them any more.
  14. Koot New Member

It's always funny to listen to loot farmers complaining when they're profit margin is being effected. Because that is what the bottom line here is.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

No where did I say I didn't understand that, was pointing out MOTM was NOT the only factor as was being implied. Maybe tone down the aggression a bit, just because people interpret things different than you doesn't mean there can be civil conversation.
  16. verbatim Elder

PoTG Thread Quick Definition Guide:

1. Rmter/LootFarmer/Kronolord: Anyone who disagrees with my opinion.
    Siah and Tweakfour17 like this.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

Thats almost every thread on this forum tbh :p
  18. Hythos Augur

Whatya wanna bet that actual butts-in-seats (rather than bots or persons with spam accounts) would be the overwhelming majority - who want no tiered-system.

Also, there has yet to be a single argument as to why having various tiers would be a good thing.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

Whether you think its a good argument or not, or in the "spirit" of the server, Risk Vs Reward has been cited multiple times from the pro tier crowd. The harder mobs should drop better loot.
  20. Kahna Augur

But none of them have said why it would be horrible for this server to be different and not follow that method. People are trying to say that the fun of the randomness and chaos should supersede the standard operating procedure. It will change the meta, and that is fine. What is wrong with things being different?
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.