Plane of Growth trash dropping Vulak Loot needs to be fixed ASAP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JohnnyBgood, Aug 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnothappening Augur

There is zero context as to what they meant by level. Nowhere does it state level as meaning only the hard coded level of the mob that every raid mob in an expansion shares. They could have meant that, but they could have also mean level of difficulty. The fact is you and I neither one can say definitively which one they meant.

As for the loot pinata status of mobs, there is absolutely nothing that indicated mobs will be dropping 6x the amount of loot that they would on a regular server.

Also, you apparently don't know what bait and switch is. If a person is sells you rocks and they give you circus peanuts, that would be bait and switch. If they are advertising rocks and you come thinking you are getting granite slabs and instead get pea gravel, that isn't bait and switch.
  2. AngryKing Elder

Sure is easy to spot the Greed is Good posters here. :)
  3. verbatim Elder

Classic mischief/thornblade implemented a tiered randomization of loot.

T1 Sky (unrandomized)
    T2 Gods / Naggy / Vox / Yael
    T3 Planes Minis (Fear/Hate)
    T4 Phinny

This was the model they followed for randomization in classic. Kunark was a deviation from this and employed a different model (uniform randomization across raid targets).

No promises were made to you, and none are broken by replicating classic's model or devising a new one. The statement is ambiguous and could entail either.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  4. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Most of this is not true. I saw screenshots of Dragon/God loot on what you IDed as T3 minis and vice versa. The only place that makes sense to not randomize is sky (for obvious reasons).

The word random is not known to RMT botters (obviously by this entire thread). So here is some enlightenment:

Random has 2 qualifiers per the website. Similar level, same expansion. End of discussion. You are probably the same dude posting mutiple times from their moms basement trying to preserve your 1k a month income. Get a grip.
  5. AngryKing Elder

Did you actually play during classic? God loot was dropping off of Naggy, Vox, and Yael. Your T5 and T1 are the exact same thing. So you're basically left with 2 tiers + unrandomized tables due to 90% of drops being quest pieces. Care to guess how many raid tiers were in Kunark, with the model you disliked so much?
    Indigo_Quarmite likes this.
  6. Triconix Augur

Someone who cannot put a cohesive argument together and rather tries to insult something should have zero credibility.

I updated my sig for you. Hope you feel better.

P.S. I don't really care what mobs drop what. If you want global randomization, don't get upset when things drop nothing. I'm simply stating that this server from the get go was never "sold to you" as such. It had a single line to describe it's intent: Raids of similar level would share loot tables. That's left to a pretty open interpretation.
  7. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

I understand the definition of random and the words similar level and same expansion. Clearly, most of you don't have English as your first language. My argument is 2 things: legally sound and cohesive.

What you are stating is neither but your personal preference to fit your agenda.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

I think what they posted is pretty spot on. There was an issue with minis at the beginning and it was quickly nerfed. Like that poster said, they didn't do the same thing in Kunark. So right now we have two different setups, one was classic and the other was Kunark.

Random does say similar level, but they don't define what they mean by level. Level of difficulty? Tier level? Hardcoded mob level? If you go by classic they meant more of a tier based level. Kunark it was something else. However, was King Bethezid dropping Phara Dar loot? If not, then that would also go towards saying they mean something other than hard coded mob level.
  9. Gnothappening Augur

Quick question to all of those who are saying level is just hardcoded level. All mobs with the same hard coded level should be dropping the same loot. Did King Bathezid drop Phara Dar loot? I ask because I didn't kill him. So honestly, did he drop it? If so, then you have a leg to stand on that level is just level. If he didn't, then there is more to level than just hardcoded level, such as tier levels.
  10. AngryKing Elder

He didn't. The setup in Kunark was identical to Classic (post mini nerfs) sans phinny/sky quest droppers.
  11. verbatim Elder

Lawl. I'm not so sure I'm the one who needs to get a grip, you're the one who is getting emotional/personal here. I'm just offering constructive criticism, whether the developers agree or not is up to them, but either way I'm not going to be walking around here with a 22 year old chip on my shoulder. Virtuous people can disagree on this issue at the end of the day it doesn't matter- no one is going to die if they don't manage to get an SoD.
  12. Triconix Augur

Again, trying to throw insults because you cannot maintain a credible argument.

I'm glad you know what similar level is, but again, it's an open statement. Level could be interpreted to multiple things, especially from an EQ POV. It could mean level of tier, literal level of the mob, etc. And just how similar is similar when determining level spread? Is 2 levels similar? How about 5? What about 10?

Similar means it resembles something, but isn't actually identical. If I con a mob and it's white and then I con a mob and it's red, is that similar? Based on color assignment of mob level vs your current level, they would not be similar.
  13. Gnothappening Augur

Thanks. That would appear to back up the point I made that hardcoded level isn't the only measure of level.
  14. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Remember. Gheed. is. Good.
  15. AngryKing Elder

Yeah, it never really was. Naggy and CT have a massive level gap. Kunark and Classic were pretty much segregated to does this mob require 24 (# completely pulled out of my rear end) people or more then they go into bucket A, if not bucket B.

While I think the planning and execution could have been better for Velious and not having us beta test it for week, I don't envy the devs on figuring those buckets out when the targets went from a handful to 50. Everyone will have their own opinion on what it should be and that's obvious just based on this thread. Personally, I wish they would have continued on with what they did before. 2 buckets + any outlier exceptions that need to be made.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

lev·el
    /ˈlevəl/
    1. a horizontal plane or line with respect to the distance above or below a given point.
    "the front garden is on a level with this floor

2.a position on a real or imaginary scale of amount, quantity, extent, or quality.
    "a high level of unemployment"

3.GAMING
    (in a video game) each of a series of stages of increasing difficulty through which a player may progress, completing one stage in order to reach the next.
    "I've now reached level 106 on Candy Crush Saga"
    (especially in a role-playing game) each of a number of steps in the development of a character, who progressively acquires enhanced skills and abilities within the game as the player advances by completing tasks and earning points.
    "you can easily take a character to level 20 in less than 15 hours and finish the campaign"

tier
    /ˈtir/
    1.a row or level of a structure, typically one of a series of rows placed one above the other and successively receding or diminishing in size.
    "a tier of seats"
    Similar:row,rank,bank,line,layer,level,plane,floor,story,deck

So the definition of level indicates its a scale of amount, quantity, extent or quality, then as it relates specifically to gaming "each of a series of stages of increasing difficulty..." Also the word Tier has level as a synonym. So regardless of what you feel you were sold, by definition it could ambiguously mean a number of things. How mischievous.
  17. Elite_raider Augur

The same level as a numerical number, we can all see that you are trying to change the meaning in to difficulty level to further your own selfish agenda, but you are not fooling anyone....
  18. Gnothappening Augur

So level 65 King Bethezid dropped level 65 Phara Dar loot? Same expansion, same "level" as you are interpreting it. Someone already said it didn't, so obviously there is more to "level" than we can say.
  19. Elite_raider Augur

We can easily say what they meant, because the level based loot system is what they implemented for group mobs and raid mobs for the first few expansions, and they said exactly the same thing for both group and raid mobs. You are not fooling anyone, not even your self....
  20. Gnothappening Augur

So you are saying Bethezid (level 65), was dropping Phara Dar (level 65) loot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.