Plane of Growth trash dropping Vulak Loot needs to be fixed ASAP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JohnnyBgood, Aug 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veteranplayer Apprentice

You don't speak for the most lucrative portion. Box armies and krono farmers don't spend money in the store on their disposable accounts. And saying that your time is wasted in potime just because their MIGHT be better loot somewhere else just shows you have no business on a random server telling us all it should be less random. If you can't handle rolling the dice then go play on FV or something. Tis server is meant to be this way and your attempts to micromanage us all is Not welcome.
  2. Kahna Augur

There are far more casuals than there are hardcore raiders and their boxes. Even if you look at the big guilds, half those players are really just casuals filling up the ranks as warm bodies and if they didn't have to do that to get loot they wouldn't.

Look. This is an experimental niche server. They aren't designing the next WoW killer here. They don't need to "stick to good game design" because literally every other EQ TLP server follows that model. The next one will likely follow that model as well. This one can be different and the sky won't fall. You may not like playing on it, but thousands of other folks will. Let them have their fun without trying to put this one back into the "normal game design" box. If you feel that randomness cheapens your reward look elsewhere for that reward, don't try to kill the thing that makes the server fun for others.

Having elemental loot only drop off elementals, or time loot only dropping in time would be the very definition of destroying the purpose of the server for me and most of the people on this thread. Why can't you just let everyone have a little fun and be happy for them.

You can only 12 split Grummus once a week. Plenty of folks are going to keep killing the harder stuff to keep getting chances at loot. Especially when none of those 12 splits actually drop any time loot for you because random is random.

Coming on Mischief and saying that randomness should be limited to narrow tiers because that's not "good game design" is like going on Rizlona and saying that no one should be allowed to box more than one group because this is supposed to be a social game. It is the whole point of this server. Even if it isn't how things worked on every other server.
  3. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Random loot should be random.
  4. Phabled Lewts Rodd

I love how this turned into a rage fest where the casual players think anyone who isn't casual is a "krono farmer" and suggested that anyone is requesting random loot be removed from the server.

Let's be clear, most of the requests here have been for the Dev team to follow the intention of the rules they posted for the servers when they were launched.

Here is a direct quote from the information site for Mishief:

Random Loot: Enabled
    • These servers randomize loot.
    • Rare NPCs drop loot from other NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
    • Raids drop loot from other raid NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
    • Rare NPCs have a greater chance of spawning.
    So the ask here for many of us specifically was for Velious raid mobs to STOP dropping gear from Classic Fear 1.0 or anything out of era.
    Gnothappening and Siah like this.
  5. verbatim Elder

I don't presume to speak for box armies and krono farmers. I'm conveying the perspective of people who raid at least several hours a day five to seven days a week. You seem to be conflating hardcore raiding guilds and player service providers (people that farm raid bosses with boxes / power levelers). Those are not the same thing.

That being said, while its possible farmers may take issue with randomization because they want what they are farming to command more of a premium in the market, I would argue randomization actually has very little do with any lost profits on these servers. Instead I think the 2x-3x loot pay out rate on most rare mobs/raid bosses along with the accelerated expansion progression has dramatically reduced the value of raid gear and epics. I think accelerated expansion progression has also put a ton of pressure on players who farm/power level with boxes because it has required them to push their box armies to 60 faster than they ever have had to before under mangler xp rates.

With respect to these two parts of the ruleset, which probably hurt farmers the most, you will not see me, or probably any other 'hardcore' raiders complaining. The accelerated unlocks have kept the game fresh and the abundant loot drops have made raids feel pretty valuable in general. My only complaint is is the way randomization was uniformly applied to kunark because of the unfun incentives it created.

Yeah I mean we will never agree on this because your experience of kunark was several dozen instance raids and occasionally winning a mana robe or a robe of azure sky. My experience of Kunark was pulling VP weapons and caster robes to the point of them being left on corpse simply because there was the potential for PD loot. You didn't play enough of kunark to see the unintended and pathological consequences of how randomization worked, that is totally fine your experience is valid, so is mine. I would be happy with a system that works for both of us, I'm not in this to take something away from you I am in this to improve the raiding experience for the people who do it the most.
  6. Sunriver Journeyman

Faceless? Greed is Good is the one getting almost all the OW spawns. They used to be called Faceless X In Virtue, though. There is The Faceless which is a splinter guild from the the original FXIV.
  7. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

Really wish you would stop using this thread as a pity party because your batphone guild made you raid more, no one besides greed is good has this negative experience, the rest of us loved it, get over yourself.

Maybe stop being so selfish and just leave some open world targets up if its such a hardship to have to log in to kill faydedar.

You signed up for that kind of guild, if you don't want to batphone then leave and join a dz guild, if everyone did that then all the dz guilds would have random OW targets to kill and you would have nothing to complain about.

Your situation is your own making, the rest of us are at the whims of the devs with how they randomize the loot. No one feels sorry for you because you got a text at 3am telling you to wake up to kill faydedar again, everyone else was happy they had extra chances at PD loot.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. TheGoblin Elder

"I want more good loot I can sell and make krono from instead of this crappy loot most people would be happy with but we can't turn a profit on it, so it's garbage"
  9. Green_Mage Augur

I saw a lot staffs and robes rot and thought it was fine. I don't think PD loot only in the zone that is cockblocked by farmers selling groundspawns would have improved the server. Did everyone get a robe of azure sky and crown of rile? no. There was still plenty of incentive to raid. In fact, on traditional servers there is less incentive for many to kill many targets that normally don't drop the BiS items.

The fact that this forum is filled with people that had a problem with Kunark loot -- despite it being popular -- should give one pause before listening to them.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Triconix Augur

The threads about VT&AHR dropping Insanity Crawler loot (and vise versa) are going to be interesting, to say the least.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  11. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

Hopefully by that point they have either decided to use bobby's tiers or to just let it all be random across MOTM and let chaos ensue. I don't think many of us will care if AHR drops crap if we get some AHR loot killing rhag 1.
  12. FranktheBank Augur

Do you play here? Raid mob levels haven't really mattered. It's been tiering.
  13. verbatim Elder

This thread is amazing.
  14. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Triconix said:
    “The threads about VT&AHR dropping Insanity Crawler loot (and vise versa) are going to be interesting, to say the least.”

This is what we were sold. They better not change it now.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Errr, yes I play here, but admittidly I've not been looking up where stuff used to drop, there was no point. TLPs I usually get board at around level 20, but this one if loot stays as crazy as it is now I'll stick around much, longer. So much so I'm considering not continuing on live servers at all.
  16. Triconix Augur

Be honest: No, that's not what was sold. That's what people wanted to believe, went with, and turned into their personal reality.

What was sold was mobs of similar level would share loot. Nothing else.
    Yinla, MasterMagnus and Gnothappening like this.
  17. Gnothappening Augur

That isn't remotely what you were sold. Just because that is how you choose to interpret what they said, doesn't make it so. Just like the fact that I interpreted it to mean something else doesn't make me right either.

AGAIN:

Random Loot: Enabled
    • These servers randomize loot.
    • Rare NPCs drop loot from other NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
    • Raids drop loot from other raid NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
    • Rare NPCs have a greater chance of spawning.
    In the rules about random loot, where does it define what "similar level within the same expansion" is for raids as the hard coded level of the mob? It doesn't. Now, to be fair to you it doesn't define it as difficulty level or tier level either. But my point is that they never were specific.
    Secondly, and possibly the most important part that isn't debatable, it says nowhere that NPCs will drop 6x the loot they would normally drop. It only says that rare NPCs have a greater chance of spawning. The 6x loot appears to be a side effect of how they implemented randomized loot, especially since it wasn't an advertised feature. Be happy you are already getting tons of bonus loot. Either that or QQ and ask for them to just give you loot. Maybe newbie mobs should be dropping AoW loot so that you guys can be happy. Though you would probably then start asking for it to just be accessed via /claim. Then that would be too much effort for you and you would want it to appear on your toon as you log in, already equipped.
    verbatim and MasterMagnus like this.
  18. Oakengroves New Member

Mischief has been a breath of fresh air in the TLP cycle due to its unique rule set, which has made the game far more accessible (and fun) for busy adults with balanced lives, hobbies, and interests. Many have been able to obtain highly functional and fun loot that usually requires RMT, prohibitive amounts of farming, and other extremely tedious tasks that defeat the purpose of gaming being a fun hobby. This has caused Mischief to be a very successful server that may very well stand the test of time and not fall into the same cycle of other TLPs. This is the first TLP with a noticeably less toxic player culture; this is largely a result of how the randomized loot rule set mitigates problematic player behaviors and spreads the loot-love.

The devs should consider a balanced approach to revising loot tables that doesn't go so far as Bobby's spreadsheet tier list (which is pretty good but somewhat rigid and skewed towards very large raiding guilds that favor tunnelquesting) but also distributes loot in a logical way that factors in mob difficulty to some extent (but not too much).

For example, Plane of Fear Mini-Bosses and non-MOTM mobs probably shouldn't be dropping Yelinak/Tormax loot, but it is feasible for Velious MOTM mobs (like Vindi, Dozekar, nasty WW dragons) to drop loot of that nature. Loot should remain fairly random (e.g., Venril Sathir should probably have a small chance of dropping VP loot for the sake of fun/randomness/originality). At this point, the Dev Team should consider focusing on making sure that difficult Velious mobs (like the AOW and NTOV dragons) have reasonable loot tables that reflect their difficulty. It would also be very, very refreshing to see pre-awoken Sleeper's Tomb loot placed on comparable Velious mob loot tables in particular (e.g., AoW, Tormax, Yelinak, Tunare, Vulak, nastier NTOV dragons, etc.).

The Dev Team should also consider not giving too much weight or undue influence to the opinions of any player (especially those who advocate in support of "hardcore" game play styles or who may have monetary RL interests in making loot less accessible to more "casual" players on an experimental randomized loot server). Players who enjoy injecting competition into a 20 year old player-vs-environment game rooted in collaborative gameplay have many, many other options (including next year's batch of TLPs). Please keep Mischief unique and a viable option for players who enjoy the refreshing nature of the server's rule set.

Thank you, Dev Team!
    Faydark likes this.
  19. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Anyone with a pikachu sig has less than zero credibility. You should quit while you are ahead. This is what we were sold and how it worked in Kunark/Classic from what I have read. Changes now should warrant refunded kronos.
    Triconix and HekkHekkHekk like this.
  20. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Trust me, im a better player and more hardcore raider than you. No one wants level 1s to drop AOW loot. Sit down buttercup. You just spouted off with paragraphs of made up stuff.

This does not include an asterisk for similar difficulty. Changing it is bait and switch tactics.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.