Feir'Dal Heritage Crate Spoilers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ZenMaster, Aug 22, 2021.

1. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Wood Elf Heritage Crate. Spell test data organized by EQResource.

Illusion: Faydark Forest Guardian

[IMG]?
    (Img: Allakhazam)

Mount: Faydwer Grizzly

Art Collector Achievement Teleport Location: Plane of Growth?

[IMG]
    (Img: Allakhazam)

New Spell - Pry Open the Feir'Dal Heritage Crate

New Spell - Familiar: Faydark Willowisp

New Spell - Familiar: Wasp Drone

New Spell - Familiar: Kodiak Cub

New Spell - Familiar: Sylvan Faun

New Spell - Familiar: Crushbone Orc Peon

New Spell - Summon Faydwer Grizzly

New Spell - Teleport: Castle of Mistmoore

New Spell - Teleport: Lesser Faydark

New Spell - Teleport: Kelethin Entrance

New Spell - Teleport: Clan Crushbone

New Spell - Teleport: Plane of Growth

New Spell - Teleport: Ocean of Tears

New Spell - Illusion: Faydark Forest Guardian

New Spell - Illusion: Faydark Forest Guardian

Armor

[IMG]
    (Img: P99 Wiki)

I remember Dzarn posting pictures of the Wood Elf plate suits. They look like pure silver with intricate engravings.

If the fairy illusion is the classic model, I will pay handsomely for the illusion on Luclin Server (3-4 Krono or other illusions). PM me here.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Zaray like this.
  2. bobbin Elder

And once again the leather set looks awful.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Anyone have a screenshot of the ornaments on the new models?
    Gyurika Godofwar, Jennre and Loratex like this.
  4. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Since I love faeries, I'm going to get that Faydark Forest Guardian one way or another. Now if only I could get a fairy merc or pet illusion I would be extremely happy.
    ZenMaster and Elyssanda like this.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

Time for another heritage crate? I just got done being grounded for the last set I bought...
    Gyurika Godofwar and ZenMaster like this.
  6. Riou EQResource

They go in a lot earlier then release, like the armor itself was put in back in like July's patch, the Achievements and spell stuff was put in August patch, believe normally this would point to being probably a September or October launch (unless they hold it back to expansion launch which they have held back 2 of the previous ones to line up with specific launches)

The generally were coming out every ~4-5 months, except the 9 month delay to line Gnomes up with GMM launch, the 10 month delay between troll and human, and 7 month dwarf to halfling

Currently the illusion has the same illusion data as Polymorph Wand: Forest Fairy which is/was 750 DBC

From the image on Alla it currently looks like this:
    [IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar and ZenMaster like this.
  7. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Thanks for the clarification Riou!

I hope the new model is merely the placeholder for the classic model.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I love the Forest Fairy illusion. I have it on each of my toons. However, it would be disappointing if they used this illusion again, since it's available right now in the store.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Elyssanda like this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yeah, if its the new one, I won't spend a dime.
    Coagagin, Eaedyilye and Elyssanda like this.
  10. Riou EQResource

Do have to imagine it's probably an oversight since it would be the only? crate to have an illusion you can already buy
    ZenMaster likes this.
  11. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Indeed, I also suspect it is an earnest oversight or the new model is a placeholder while they work on the item. It also seems to diverge from their recent pattern of classic models for heritage crate illusions. The Lesser Faydark faerie illusion would rival the Ice Giant and Rivervale Deputy in popularity. I hope this thread raises awareness.

[IMG]
    Kaylandra and Coagagin like this.
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

I have 4 accounts and buy these crates every month with my station cash. Never fails I will get 4 sets of armor every dang time. As Sleepy Joe says C'MON MAN!
  13. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I wish
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

Me too. Every time...another *&#%ing armor set.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Let’s not turn this thread into a discussion about RNG and get it locked. I also do not want the Polymorph illusion.

I do think Darkpaw should consider selling a bundle with a guaranteed heritage crate illusion and mount for future crates. The bundle could include the heritage crate illusion, mount, and 7 crates. It could be priced between $99 and $169 to take away RNG but also encourage regular purchases.
    Flatchy and Skrab like this.
  16. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I like this idea. Now, it's got me wondering if EQ1 is blocked in Belgium. A few months ago Lost Ark was blocked by the Belgium for its gambling crates.

https://www.ibtimes.com/lost-ark-could-be-coming-more-regions-after-all-3227336
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Skrab likes this.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yes and no on the oversight. We did intend to use the modern model, but we did miss that that illusion was used. We wanted the modern model because it can be put in "on demand" memory and only be loaded into memory when needed. The old model has to be in global, and thus loaded into memory even when not needed, and, we are pushing the 32 bit memory limit HARD.

We are considering options. It may be to use the old model, or we might have to change to a different race.

you'll probably see next patch :)
  19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=65050
    T3 beta reward TDS
    As there are 2 fairie illusions currently in the game for players, maybe go with an old school Pixie?
    ZenMaster likes this.
  20. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Thank you for your response Ngreth! We are fans of the work you and the team do for the crates. Credit to Riou for discovering the illusion conflict.

I will mourn the decline of classic model illusions. Understandably, the stability of the game comes first.

The old school faerie/pixie may be unique and popular enough to substitute newer models for the remaining racial crates. Throwing out some ideas for new models on the remaining crates: Koada'Dal (High Elf) Crate illusion could be a Sol'Dal Elf (plate version), Erudite Crate illusion could be the Claws of Veeshan Neriad, and Ogre Crate illusion could be the Plane of War Grandmaster? :)

We look forward to the update! Thanks again.