Weapon Ornament Request, Round Two

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dhurgan, Apr 16, 2020.

1. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

I bought 2 Gaudy Rainbow Cutlass ornaments from the marketplace.

I am putting my money where my mouth is. :D
    Stymie likes this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Issk likes this.
  3. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Ice Giant Facade and Nightmare Blue Sword Ornament is the best illusion and weapon ornament combo in game thus far.

[IMG]

Thanks for making this possible!
    Elyssanda, MasterMagnus and Issk like this.
  4. Szilent Augur

Ice "Giant" Facade? so small :(
    ZenMaster likes this.
  5. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

Twinfang the Immortal's Bane, maybe with a particle effect?

[IMG]
    Sheex likes this.
  6. NinjutsuMMO Augur

Question, Will they rotate these weapons through overseer, anniversary quests, marketplace and such or are their current locations set in stone ?

i see many items via overseer or anniversary and loyalty that players on tlp's cant access until much later if ever at all...

hoping they go to market one day or another, cosmetic cash shop will help keep this game going longer.
    Boze likes this.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Thank you for adding these!! I see a lot of people snagging these up, there's a lot of good choices in this set.

I was really hoping to be able to use the "Xenu Xakra, Staff of Unlife" in my 1hb based on how the previous restrictions were set by weapon type "Any Blunt/Slash/Pierce Weapon" but it looks like you guys switched up the restrictions to "Any 1hder or Any 2hder".

For the next round, if we're able to do another set down the road, I think we should try and establish what the restrictions will be before hand. Having to guess if you will be able to use an Ornament or not makes it hard to vote on what you would like. Based on the "Any 1hder" restriction on this latest set there's some slashing/pierce weapons I would of suggested/voted for but didn't based on the previous sets restrictions, thinking I wouldn't be able to use any of them. Likewise, I really had my fingers crossed for either the Xenu Xakra, Staff of Unlife or the 1hder version Xin Xakreum, Baton of the War Spirit, thinking I would be able to use either or as they're both blunt weapons, but only the 2hder version seems to have made it in so I'm out of luck on that unless the 1hder is part of the Anni set. :(
    Issk likes this.
  8. Issk Journeyman

Please make the weapon ornaments "Any Weapon" so we can place them in a one hander or two handers as we'd like.
    Dre., Thunderkiks and Strumph like this.
  9. NinjutsuMMO Augur

I'd like to see some h2h orb options, like the red / blue / purple / yellow h2h orbs that sparkle.
    Strumph likes this.
  10. Marabitos New Member

Any idea if/when a round 3 will hit? I have one Id love to see for 2hb caster staves.
  11. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Request - A weapon ornamentation conversion item. A container that you place any weapon into, click the combine button after choosing the appropriate weapon type from a drop down menu, and it creates an ornamentation that will show as the original weapon.

1HP doesn't have nearly enough representation in the form of spears that don't look manga-ish. Not trying to overcompensate, I just want to stick 'em with the pointy end.
    Bigstomp, Marabitos and MasterMagnus like this.
  12. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

We've asked for that several times. I think the response we got boiled down to 'lulz! that's too much coding! we'll see about some ornaments instead. go vote!'

That said, I WOULD like to do another round. I'm still going to submit the same two, and hope at least one of them gets in. >.<
    Stymie likes this.
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

All of the round 2 Ornaments have been implemented and have been well received from what I can gather!! I think it's time to start a Round 3 thread!!

Keep in mind this is not an instant process. My suggestion is to stick to the previous precedent and have a thread open for at least 30 days+ for people to suggest/vote on ornaments. I'm willing to keep track of the spreadsheet and update as needed to give Dhurgan a break. He did the past two rounds, Thank You Dhurgan!! The previous threads have been a resounding success!!

Some general rules that I remember off the top of my head:

No BFG... Don't ask it's not happening!!!

No Class only Weapons (RoF class only Sets as an example)

It has to be a weapon already use-able by players (No Pet Only Weapons)

It's been a late night, I'll dig some more in the morning to iron out any other restrictions and Post a new thread for Suggestions.

Quick note on suggestions. The best way to post a suggestion is with a picture of the requested ornament and the Item Number of an item with that graphic. (Use Lucy to look up the item Number, Zam isn't always correct.)

As an example from me: "Ton Po's Bo Stick of Understanding" ; The Lucy link to this item is https://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=6631

The Item number is 6631.

Include this item number and a picture of the item graphic so others can see it and vote on it. If you need help with how to post an image of the suggested ornament I will post more detail tomorrow or PM me.

I will start an official Ornaments Round 3 post tomorrow (8/22/21 or Sunday 8/23/21) to kick things off. I'm not sure if this is something that can be stickied, and I know I can't edit/delete replies that are off topic. Try and keep replies simple and to the point (New ornament request or a vote for a previously suggested ornament). I will add a vote Counter to previously requested ornaments or add a new line for the newly suggested ornament.

Let's keep this on topic and simplified to make the Dev Work easier and within time your suggestions might make it into the game!!!

Look for the official "Ornament Request Round 3" thread by the end of the week and lets get the process rolling again!!
    Winnowyl and Yinla like this.
  14. Lord Cenaruuk New Member

Why not all of them since the assets already exist in game? Could make it so that tributed items return a scribable ornamentation pattern which could then be crafted using an appropriate tradeskill. It's win/win as players get something they desire with a bit of work for the features and DB gets a bit more cash for sub time by having players go get drops they want to be ornamentations. Of course there could be freebies as well.
  15. Marabitos New Member

This would be amazing and exactly what I want.
  16. Marabitos New Member

WOO look at me starting a movement and making change haha.
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Being able to turn any weapon into an ornament is not going to happen. It's an awesome idea that has been brought up countless times. The work it would take to be able to do that is WAY more than people seem to think. They would have to create the new Ornaments for every single weapon graphic in game just to be able to have the final versions. Then you still have to implement a system to convert in game items into these new ornaments, TS Combines or all the other suggestions for ways to do it.

The Ornament Request Thread was the compromise that we got, the highest voted graphics would be prioritized when time permits them to work on new ones. Creating new ornaments for 10-20 weapon graphics still takes some work, but it's no where near as bad as doing it for the countless items/graphics it would take for a convert feature.
  18. Elyssanda Bardbrain

also, right now is a bad time of year to be starting this.. as they are in full Pre-Beta mode and won't have time to look at it.. I'd say maybe start the thread in late December, early January, do the 30 days.. that puts it late January or February before it's even ready for the devs to look at, just about the time they are finishing mad rush fixes for bugs and problems from the new expansion.

Timing is crucial.
    Stymie, Szilent and Celephane like this.
  19. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah, I don't see them having time to implement them anytime soon. We can start putting a list together when ever though, maybe leave it open for more than 30 days.

The previous ones from Round 2 were a side project and not something that was scheduled into their normal work load. I imagine this round will be in the same boat, not a high priority but hopefully when they have a little down time they can work on them.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

I feel like this has been asked for a million times. I love the idea but I think there is some technical reason they can't give it to us.