Plane of Growth trash dropping Vulak Loot needs to be fixed ASAP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JohnnyBgood, Aug 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnapVine Augur

Having occasional rare super high tier drops (e.g. Vulak) on much lower tier mobs seems like it is in the spirit of the original server rules, but when the actual best way to farm tier 1 loot is a super fast re-spawn, 1 group-able non-MoTM mob then the entire point of raiding is gone. Sitting in ToV for hours feels like a total waste of time because we should be 10 splitting whatever zone has these easy mobs, or just disbanding the guild since organizing a large raid is no longer valuable.

In fact, raiders are currently getting penalized because the 1 group mobs spawn faster and have less chance to be empty corpses (i.e. AoW with emeralds) or have classic era fear golem loot (i.e. NToV dragons usually drop classic golem garbage).

Raiding doesn't have to be the only way to get tier 1 loot, but it should be the best way.

2. Zolerath New Member

You do realize that raiders can make 1 groups and kill the same stuff, right? And then they can go raid to get more loot?

Stop playing the victim here, raiders will always have more opportunity on any server. The spirit of the rules on this server is exactly why its so popular and raiders are somehow actively against it, or so it would appear from this thread.

Dont tier the loot, but DO fix the out of era drops and other obvious bugs (AoW not dropping loot etc).
  3. PewtDog New Member

KT is killed just as much as Yeli and Dain.
  4. Jackson New Member

How can that be? Every guild I know that clears all of Kael (1 KT, 1 statue, 1 AoW), kills at least 2 Yelinaks in the same week. Dain is a bit tougher than Yelinak, but he can and does get chain spawned through a quest. People might split KT more if there wasn't AoW in the same zone. But, as is, there are twice as many Yelinaks killed than KTs and there are definitely more Dains killed than KTs. It's just a matter of how many more.

How many guilds kill AoW but don't kill 2 Yelinaks?

Also, Yelinak still double spawns in most DZs. Even if we don't count him double spawning, he still dies much more. The double spawning is just extra extra.
  5. PewtDog New Member

Double spawn? sounds like a bug.
  6. Jackson New Member

7. Accipiter Old Timer

Inquiring minds want to know...
  8. Kahna Augur

Why?

This is literally what has been done on every server previous to this one. Mischief was sold as something different. Disband the raid guilds. What is wrong with that? Does anyone really like having to raid with 72 other people? You don’t even know half the people in your guild. You are carrying at least a dozen people who have no idea how to play their class.

This server was fun because 15 people with alts could raid and have a chance to get amazing loot. For once in the entire history of EQ. They have fewer chances than the big guilds, because they can tackle fewer targets. And trust me, my group of 15 works just as hard to down our mobs as a group of 72 does to down Vulak.

What is so horrible about a small group of friends killing things and getting loot. Just because eq has always been one way doesn’t mean it can’t be different this time. There is no need to keep repeating the past forever.
    Lemaitre, Yinla and Aegir like this.
  9. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

If you don't kill Dain 60x in Velious are you even a raiding guild? You can easily do that in the course of 8 to 12 weeks without a single OW kill.
  10. PewtDog New Member

Keep cryin' bruv. Us GiGaBoys are going to keep stompin' open world mobs and makin' stacks of krono. Poppin' wheelies and hurtin' feelies.
  11. Sunriver Journeyman

Ngreth,

Please consider allowing all armor molds to be shared across any armor mold dropping mobs.

Plane of Growth had that initially off trash and no longer does.

This is something that made classic a lot of fun -- being able to get armor from multiple mobs instead of specific ones. You know, randomness? It once again benefitted all types of players, not just the high play time raiders (though they *still* benefitted since they were the first sellers).

It doesn't have the power creep implications of widespread raid boss sharing, but allows more variety in play.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. SnapVine Augur

That's not what I said.. Personally I think a group of 15 people + boxes is a "small raid guild" and, on this server, should have access to tier 1 loot.

I'm specifically referring single group non-MOTM mobs producing BETTER loot than mobs you kill with groups of 15+ people. In that case, even your guild makes no sense. Might as well work with 3 people with 1 box each.

Examples of things I would suggest but which others have disagreed with in this thread:
    - anything not MotM should not be randomized (partially fixed already)
    - AoW dropping nothing because "that's mischief" is terrible
  13. Triconix Augur

Please point out where this server it was promised that all raid loot would be globally randomized and would disband the raid guilds? Here is the official announcement. Here is the bullet point regarding raids:
    • Raids drop loot from other raid NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
    It can also be argued that "similar level" is a very ambiguous term and refer to not just mob level, but mob tier, especially later on in expansions when raid mobs are essentially always the same level, but very clearly broken out within tiers. What about raid events that don't really have a true singular target? One early example would be something like Jelvan event in COA. The three mobs are 73 and most of Anguish is 80. Should that mean Jelvan event is not randomized with literally the rest of Anguish? How about the Corruption MPG trial which is nothing more than waves of level 70(?) mobs?

I'm sorry if you feel misled by your interpretation of the announcement, but that seems to be on you. EQ has always tried to maintain some semblance of RvR. I don't think you're being very honest with yourself if you feel things like POG minis should drop Vulak gear. I would think the incentive to raid anything requiring a decent force would go completely out the window. I don't see a server like that with any longevity in population, unless the typical TLPer is very concerned with RMTing and taking the easiest path possible for that.

You can still acquire lower raid gear by farming lower raid targets in smaller forces. This is still usually better than even the best group gear (early expansion terrible itemization withstanding) so if you're not a raider, you still have access to things you never had before. Also, with free trade, you can still get BIS through other avenues.
    SnapVine likes this.
  14. Sunriver Journeyman

I'm sorry if you feel misled by your interpretation of the announcement, but that seems to be on you.

The point being, the devs have never clarified what they meant. Given the way things have gone and the responses from the devs, I don't think they have much more than a fuzzy idea either. So, it's probably up to whoever ends up most vocal.

Hopefully it's not your "Make decisions based on lore" nonsense.
  15. Leseul Journeyman

Somebody else being rewarded is not a penalty to you. I TAKE your things is a penalty, I EARN the same things in a different way has nothing to do with you. This is the equivalent to saying that every manual laborer in the world is being penalized because youtubers and streamers can make money by doing "less" work.

Why should raiding be the best way to get Tier 1 loot? Because that is the way it has always been? If you want to play on a server where raiding is the best way to get Tier 1 loot there are literally dozens of other options where this is the case in EverQuest. I personally was enjoying a different meta than joining a sweaty guild full of awful people and manufactured drama because it is "the only way to get the best loot", with that option being stripped from Mischief the server loses a large amount of the appeal it once had for me.

Cancelling the experiment now would be a huge mistake in my personal opinion, we've not gotten to the point where we normally see a drop off. Let chaos reign until at least Gates and see if people are sticking to the server because the random is fun. Restricting loot drops into tight tiers almost guarantees this server will follow the same pattern as every other EQ TLP.
    Faydark likes this.
  16. Boze TLP complaint factory

Let chaos reign. This server is a blast, makes EQ feel super fresh. The less tinkering with each expansion's loot table the better. Let us figure out what's worth farming through trial and error. If the big-bad is worth farming one expansion and not the other, that's fine. If minis have wild tables one expansion and not the other that's also fine. Balance be damned.

More tinkering = less mischief = less fun.
    Lemaitre, Yinla and yepmetoo like this.
  17. Triconix Augur

So you agree with me, got it. However, even if raid randomization is strictly based on mob level, nobody should honestly expect a level 55 non raid target to be dropping level 70 raid target gear.
    I'd love to hear your brilliant ideas.
  18. sadre Augur

Yeah, but you gotta admit, back in the late 70's, the Mineshaft was the bomb. Freddie even wore a T-Shirt from there in the vid for Don't Stop Me Now. Myself, never my thing, but I did respect you guys.
  19. SnapVine Augur

single group trivial, non-motm mobs that happen to be flagged as "raid" for some unknown reason should not drop tier 1 loot.

what are you referring to by "I personally was enjoying a different meta" ? VS dropping PD loot occasionally? That's not an example of what I am talking about. Hypothetically: Kith DE's dropping PD loot 25% of the time would be an example of what I'm talking about. I'm not aware of any examples of something like that until now in Velious.
  20. Gnothappening Augur

I see so much QQ and gimme gimme going on. I find it odd that people think raid loot should drop off of 12 man mobs. Why not just ask for a gear pack where you log in on day one of the expansion and spend some station cash for that expansion's loot?

Mobs are already dropping roughly three times as much loot as on any other server. Gear already goes for dirt cheap prices in auction. Why do you want Lodi to drop Vulak gear?
    Triconix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.