Community Resource Council???

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cailen, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Cailen Augur

Who are they?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No one knows. In fact I don't think it ever got off the ground - Dreamweaver closed applications and then left soon after posting "there is a slight delay because of a few outside forces"

No biggie anyway since it is supposed to be a select group of players the devs would occasionally communicate with about things. Which means no one who is a casual player or not in a high end raiding guild or not already getting special invites to beta would be part of it.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Something similar didn't/doesn't work as intended in EVE Online. A rotating group of elitists that get a free trip to Iceland to party with the devs. Nothing good for the game ever gets done, though occasionally, one of the CSM electees will get a horribad idea, and the devs run with it.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It worked well when it was done with Sony. I did it for a year before they sold EQ to Daybreak.

The council picked up on player issues from the forums that the Devs may have missed, got a few things fixed/changed. Devs asked for feedback. Everything is was under NDA. Was a nice mix of players from different servers, with a wealth of knowledge and EQ experience.

There was monthly meetings online to discuss stuff. Didn't get any rewards for giving up free time, just the satisfaction that your doing something to help the community. I'd like to think we did some good.
    Marton, Grove and Elyssanda like this.