Mischievous Wall Torch...disabled until Planes of Power

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ravanta Suffer, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Ravanta Suffer Augur

From the halfling heritage crates, if you get one of each of these items it rewards you with an another port item that says it takes you to the chessboard in plane of mischief.

[ ] Collect a Painting: Kithicor Forest.
    [ ] Collect a Painting: Throne of Xorbb.
    [ ] Collect a Rivervale Jumjum Cart.
    [ ] Collect a Misty Thicket Halfling Bed.
    [ ] Collect a Runnyeye Adventurer's Head.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=140590

Everyone laugh at me for hoping this would be able to be used in Velious.

I thought it would be nice to have, so I can pop into PoM on occasion without having to bind there or deal with the hassle of running there if raid bosses are up.

Since you know, there's no point in this teleport item by the time Planes of Power unlocks.
  2. suinegEQ Elder

The item should say when it's usable, I think that most items that are restricted to certain expansions do already.
  3. Dewd Master

4. MustardonWatermelon Elder

5. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Yeah, that's why I said to laugh at me. The heritage crate has a list of when things unlock if you scroll down in the item description.

I'm laughing about it, because I read the terms and conditions of some software I bought last week, but not this. I was just like, "Hey that sounds cool. Here's my credit card!"

It's even more humiliating than that though...I bought some coins a couple times, got to where I only needed one more drop to finish the set.

Instead of asking around if someone had one for sale, I bought another round of marketplace cash.

That failed, so I asked. Someone in my guild had the last painting I needed and basically gave it to me.

tldr: Don't pull out the credit card when you're tired and think you can pay to win. You will lose.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I agree that it (and any of the other port clicks) should have a disclaimer as to their requirements. The Dwarf crate Temple Torchiere will let you click into Brell's Temple.... If UF is unlocked on your server.. and if you have access to Brell's Temple (quested or granted by current sever xpac)

Other than that, the reasoning for it not being open in Velious is pretty sound IMO:

8. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Yeah, it does have the same value as similar teleport items. Basically 0.

It works every 24 hours. It's not too powerful in my opinion, especially considering how much $ it can cost to get it if you're a dolt like me and buying crates in cash. If it was an actually worthwhile item in Velious, people would want it, so the port items would have more trade value to people, even those that had no interest in using it.

Perhaps the achievement could have required doing something at the chessboard in PoM, to prove that the character got there. I don't see it being too powerful if the character made the hike once.
  9. Kylo Classic Augur

The salt from this is awesome. Can't cheat, cry more.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

Huh?
    Appren and Stymie like this.
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Plane of Mischief is designed to be a difficult zone to access.

Offering a port directly to it in Velious would obviously be an error.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

This is a great point, until you consider that mounts which are normally quite expensive or only drop off raid encounters in Luclin are also sold by the same crates.
    Appren and Stymie like this.
  13. Ravanta Suffer Augur

There is nothing difficult about zoning into PoM.