Plane of Growth trash dropping Vulak Loot needs to be fixed ASAP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JohnnyBgood, Aug 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trevalon Augur

Personally:
    Group 1:
    Tunare, AoW, Vulak, Yelinak, Tormax, Cazic = 1 group

Group 2: All of NTOV, Rest of Kael (Vindi, Statue), Klandicar, Sontalak, Zlandicar, Velketor, Wuoshi, and Dain (Mostly cause of the ability to farm him forever), and ST, Kelorek Dar

ST loot should drop with Group 2, that's the whole point of this server!!!!

This way you get a good spread of both groups and there are some harder mobs in each group and easier mobs in each group. I think a spread like that encourages large guilds to kill everything and also gives incentives to small guilds who can only do Velk and Yelinak still have a good chance at some cool random loot.

This server is about random loot and if you start breaking it up TOO much it just ruins the whole allure of the server.

But honestly, I think everything should drop everything IMO - Take away the classic loots, and the chance of just getting 2 emeralds, make sure that only good itesm can be randomized and let everything drop everything. That's what made Kunark fun IMO was getting cool items off crazy bosses.

Edit: IF you want a third group move, Klandi, Zlandi, Sontalak, Velk, Wuoshi, and Kelorek from Group 2 and put in Group 3 and add Lodizal.
    Polekn and Dalyrina like this.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

I dont think 3 tiers is automatically bad.

There is a lot more raids and wider array of loot in Velious.
  3. Dalyrina Elder

Pretty much agree with all of this. Trying to segregate the loot into too many buckets completely kills the vibe of this server. I don't want any idea of what loot the mob I'm killing is about to drop. S tier loot should probably be segregated, but every thing else should be a free for all based on level/motm.

KISS.
  4. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Hey, if you feel like doing extra job for no aditional pay, would you mind taking a look at PoHate T2 mobs? Once Velious unlocks they are meant to start dropping Paladin/Druid/Ranger Velious-era armor, but they seem to be mixed in the old pohate/pofear T1 armor bag. Saw a few indicolite/imbrued armor drops on them, which is not something they are meant to throw in afaik.

It would be neat putting PoHate T2 trash mobs (the dark elf models) in the same table as PoGrowth trash mobs, given they are of similar levels.

Edit: Talking about mobs like a Knight of Innoruuk, a Disciple of Innoruuk, a Sage of Innoruuk, an Agent of Innoruuk, an Elite Dragoon and Innoruuk's Choosen.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Tweakfour17 and Trevalon like this.
  6. TheGoblin Elder

Group 1 above is fine - add the ST warders to this group.

Group 2 should remove Vindi, Wuoshi, Lodi and Kelorek Dar. These are the fast spawns and shouldn't be dropping NToV loot.

Group 3 should be the fast spawn/small group mobs.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. MustardonWatermelon Elder

It's hard not to think you want their to be gateways to loot, solely because you want to be able to sell it.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

we have GM commands that let us REMOVE NPCs from the rotation. So we did that.
    To "fix" it is a hotfix. I hoping for later today, but can't guarantee. If not today, probably Monday. Depends how fast I can make the changes and get them tested. I'm also looking for other input like the suggestions for Cazic.
    Stymie, theonepercent and Skuz like this.
  9. theonepercent Augur

What does removing them do exactly? Are you saying there's no point in killing anything until Monday?

Put Cazic on the same table as Dain, Tormax, Statue and Yelinak and whatever else.
  10. CabdruMypants New Member

My personal suggestion is make all the mobs on bobby's list drop 4 items. Every single mob will have 1 single item from any of the loot pools of a t1 mob, a single item from any loot pool of t2 mob, single item from t3 and t4, and every mob drops 4 items and then most likely each kill will likely yield something good without flooding to much loot.
  11. Dadcop Lorekeeper

@Ngreth If you are looking for recommendations @Bobbybick's spreadsheet is exhaustive
  12. suinegEQ Elder

Having PoFear loot drop from WToV is not great, feels really really bad.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

POST zone changeover warders do mix in that general group, but they don't get mixed in until the changeover.
    Imdead likes this.
  14. theonepercent Augur

Is it just the warders or will we see prismatic weapons outside of ST from regular named?
  15. Trevalon Augur

My list was just a general idea, but Bobby's list is REALLY good! Do that! Seriously, its pretty dang spot on Ngreth!

No seriously Ngreth, I can bet 99% of people would be thrilled with Bobby's list!
  16. Trevalon Augur

17. Catashe Augur

I'd put AoW, Tunare, Vulak in one group

Tormax,Yelinak,Dain,"maybe" Cazic in one group

NTOV dragons in a group by themselves

West ToV,Dozekar,Ikatar the Venom, and eshen the sky(whatever its called,"maybe" statue in one group

Woushi,Klandi,Sontalak,Zlandicar,Velk in one group

*edit* I forgot.. Vindi,Lodi? in the last group?

and I think that should be everyone? anything else honestly should be removed from the list.. Like Harla Dar.. I never understood THAT one.. now that focuses are turned off til luclin she doesn't drop nada
  18. Imdead Augur

Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work ya'll have done on these servers. Too often the forums are just full of negativity but wanted you to know there's a lot of us that greatly appreciate everything ya'll are doing. This is the most fun I've had on a server and with EQ in a very long time. Thanks!
    Stymie, Lilliee and Duder like this.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

20. Tweakfour17 Augur

So ST1.0 only drops from ST 1.0 and then leaves forever like all previous servers? Unfortunate for everyone wanting to get/see that loot that typically stops dropping days into the expac if not sooner.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.