Key repeating: fully allowed game-play

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MasterMagnus, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Laronk Augur

Or just add a couple /autoinventory lines to your macro that also does a /doability 1 (what ever slot forage is in)

Really to your OP as long as you’re paying enough attention that you’ll react to a tell you’re probably fine. If you set up 3 mages with 3 cleric mercy and have a macro that goes

/target orc_pawn
    /pet attack
    /cast 8 (what ever nuke)
    /pause xxx (delay + GCD+ Something for lag)

you need to be fast on the tell reply because someone’s going to report you and get that gm attention on you…. Well maybe they will get gm attention on you. We’ve all seen a bot group in starter zone xxx or yyy for days on end without a ban so your mileage might very.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

My whole point there was to NOT use /autoinv (in conjunction with a key repeat).

3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Link the responses.
  4. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Try skelly hill in CR.
    I destroyed that bot group quick.
    It is not fair for 'brand new to EQ' players to come in, and not be allowed to gain exp normally because of a bot group.

I have spent MANY hours on screenshots, locations, reporting, petitioning.. most have been effective. I do see a difference in players all automated, to players semi automated.
    Recently we even dealt with a guildy doing it (no replies for hrs from him auto playing).

When you see a player normally chatting with you and his 'team o alts' are aided by something to help him play... what do you do.

But full AFK? what do you do.

So it really needs to be addressed. What is legit.
    So many threads I read about this topic, as OP stated..

In personal petition replies, 'any program is not allowed', but in the threads.. you see nothing ( I don't ). I have even mentioned and copy pasted the GM stayin ' any program is not allowed ' in petitions against a fully afk group.. because nothing was being done.
    One GM softly says nothing is allowed, but other GM does nothing about a stopping it from happening in another sitiation /pettion.

PLEASE if you are going to say, "this post" had "5 replies".. post the damn replies. Prove it.

So, what is allowed finally Daybreak?

LIKE this post if you finally want an answer to what exactly is the policy.
    Yeahh right! You know how many threads I read that said this above sentence?!

Several years have gone by. Honestly a waste of a players paid time to go search for bot groups when game management should be putting a final word TODAY on what is what...

I'm sure GM's have been sending memos stating, there are to many to deal with... because players are saying, there are to many.. what is going on.

Guides used to do light GM work, GM's must be reporting back saying, there are too many using programs. I honestly believe there is $ to be saved on finalizing and dealing with full auto players in some hard code instead of slap on the hands by GM's.

What is legit.
    Am I allowed to train a group that is semi automated.
    Am I allowed to train a group that is 100% automated.

I don't train groups. ( I HAVE rarely to an auto playing player using a full AFK program for DAYS AND DAYS) because the game isn't dealing with the situation.

Afk a mage in guk and you get suspended. Training a full 100% auto group, suspended.
    Playing using AFK program.. kicked off the game if that, and back next day.
    Auto players only need to pay 1 month, using none prestige gear.. owning pulls with max'd aa's making $ on whatever it is they do.

OP is right.
    Legit players are being used to fund the game while others aren't.

I have spent (in the past 4 months) close to $600-$800 I think.
  5. Axel Furry Hats OP

The elephant in the room thread, about page 2 or 3 on the Veteran's Lounge. Page 18 of that thread, reply #352 from Niente.

5 words total from devs in a 20 page thread.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Worth being noted when I ased Niente in a pm if that is now the official daybreak response he never answered me. So at this point I think all we can say is Niente's statement was only his personal view.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Unless the post contains the caveat "This is only my opinion", I'm going to take a post from a red name as speaking for the company. That's the whole point of having the red name...so that the things they say come with weight. I took his post as the official position of Daybreak.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

Anyone remember SWG's macros? You could basically set up something like this in that game. That is how I kept item buffs up constantly. I agree, a simple macro repeat command is what is needed.
  9. kizant Augur

It's not needed because there's already an alternative that does the job better.
    MasterMagnus and Whulfgar like this.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

New to the human race and this thing called the interwebs.. eh?
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Everyone knows exactly .. what is a bannable program. And everyone knows exactly what is not a bannable program..

It seems only those who want to not be a bannable program.. want to try to muddy the waters..

Log reading programs not bannable..

Program that manipulate game play.. are bannable..

If you are confused.. don't even risk it. Thats pretty common sense right there.
    Wdor and Nennius like this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah when I ask Niente for confirmation in the post it got locked and when I asked in a PM I still have not got a response. So until I hear otherwise I am going to assume he shot his mouth off then regretted it OR he was simply speaking as a player.

Let's find out.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

I keep reading the title as:
    Keep repeating: fully allowed gameplay
    as if someone is trying to convince themselves of it.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Interesting. I had imagined it as a statement of fact, to start a discussion.

As long as you're behind the keyboard, key repeating in any form is allowed.

They can't even detect this stuff, never the less, stop it.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Pretty sure they can detect it easily enough if they wanted to. The rest probably not hard either. I think it all revolves around what they WANT to do about it.
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

My merc is automated. He goes for beer often!
    Stymie likes this.
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

People all over this thread are getting confused about what I'm talking about and what they seem to think I'm talking about.

I use a hardware programmable mouse, it runs no third party software of any kind. There is nothing in between Windows and the mouse wire. Windows can't tell if I pressed the button, or the mouse macro 'pressed' itself.

If you're using a Key Bind (like raiders do) AND holding down that button, you are sending way more key repeats than a human could pushing that key manually. That is the default repeat rate of windows, you can change that.

Key repeat is a built in feature of windows, and keyboards. This is something DPG can't change, and won't ever remove the capability.

They might create a 'black list' of every conceivable driver that might run a possible macro keyboard or mouse. That would cost tons and be an ongoing task, nobody is going to do that.

I can program my mouse to include random pauses, and only click when a button would be available and known to a human. Totally undetectable unless they try to speak to me with human interaction in the moment.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Pretty sure they aren't going to be sniffing the USB line to see what your programmable mouse and keyboard are up to.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

You would think so, right? I always knew that the macaroni quest program was illegal. A long while back I went on an EQ break and came back in 2014. I found that particular program in WIDE use on Ragefire/Lockjaw. Almost as if it were allowed. So, no, we don't know EXACTLY what is bannable and what isn't.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. Tucoh Augur

Macaroni isn't a bannable program. Prove me wrong, big whulf!!!