Red TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Joncore, Aug 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweakfour17 Augur

yeah but then how could all these elite players come jump unsuspecting bluebies? It'd be a level playing field of hardcore super awesome PVP vs hardcore super awesome PVP and where is the fun in that? /s
  2. Rauven Augur

Its not just EQ players. I know people in RL, like those I know personally outside of the internet who hate PVP so much that the idea of it happening makes them uneasy. Like these people literally get anxiety and slight nausea at the idea of players even /dueling each other.

Yeah it doesn't make sense to me either. But the only thing I can say about it from what I know about these people is that the very thought of a player judging their ability to play the game in a PVP fashion is what triggers it. This is why they don't want such servers.

Yep even if they don't have to play on them, their existence causes them physical distress. Its the same people in FFXIV who get sick and angry when they THINK, just THINK someone in their group is parsing their damage.

It has something to do with their ability to play the game being measured against someone else. If parse numbers were more common (especially on TLPs) in pick up group chats, you'd see a bit more threads on people trying to get it removed.
  3. code-zero Augur

pfft...you and your h@xx0r fantasies.

The fact is that PvP players are all way too chicken to actually go on to Zek and play because there's scary people there who actually do PvP in EQ. They want a RED server with a YELLOW stripe up their backs.
  4. code-zero Augur

You want a RED PvP server? Easy, go play on Zek and get the population up for a few months and then they'll take notice. Challenging random people on forums because they call you out for being cowards who are afraid to actually play on a real PvP EQ server is sort of pathetic
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

The real pvp is the forumquest we had along the way
    Windance and code-zero like this.
  6. Machen New Member

I'm going to be posting even more if I make that mental jump. Stomping undergeared and unskilled bluebies, and getting to listen to their whining complaints is just too much fun!
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. Haze Journeyman

So basically nothing would be any different than it already is. Devs being spread ever thinner with a new blue TLP every year. Got it!
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Considering there are a lot more issues revolving around a pvp server with a very low expected population that isn't a correct statement. A new TLP server just takes time to set it up and afterwards doesn't require any special developer attention unless it is a new rule set. (And a PvE server is going to have a known large population) A PvP server would likely require a lot more time to deal with balance issues for low level pvp due to all the changes that have happened over the years.

Hence what the devs have said time and time again about showing that there is a demand for a PvP server. As there is a PvP server already available and it is one of the most (if not the most) dead servers they have no incentive to spend all the money and time on setting up a new server.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Serious question.

Other than PVP being enabled, what other differences are there on a PVP server?
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Lack of population for one.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

not helpful!
  12. Ginix Augur

TLDR the same 6 anti-pvp shills posting.

Bring on the PVP TLP.
    plowers and PewtDog like this.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Hyperbole much?

Personally, I don't like PVP in EQ because it's dumb. My other game is Battlefield so I'm definitely not one of those who are afraid of PVP.

The idea that people talk down PVP here because they break out in a cold sweat just thinking about PVP is pure poppycock.
  14. code-zero Augur

Why do you think someone telling you what the devs have said about what needs to be done to get a PvP server is somehow "anti-pvp"?

We've had people who have demonstrated that they have no clue as to how to filter /random messages come to the forums here demanding to have a PvP server. The fact is that if that person has such a low knowledge of who game mechanics works they'll probably lose any PvP fights and very likely whine about "hacks".

So, if you want a PvP server then get on Zek, get your friends to come on Zek and get them to bring their friends and go play. Be advised that there are real PvP players on Zek and they'll stomp you into a mud puddle and then walk it dry. But if you can stick it out and bump up the population then perhaps the devs will consider a PvP TLP server. Of course if you're afraid of Zek then it's not going to happen
  15. RABKkehhalla Elder

If you want a randomized loot tlp server just log on randomized loot server.
    PewtDog likes this.
  16. Rauven Augur

Its worse than cold sweat. Way way worse. But let's put that aside for now, because you've just raised a whole other issue.

Let's look at your statement and what it meant. "I don't like PVP in EQ because it's dumb."

You have taken the stance of, "I don't like this thing, so these people shouldn't have it." And you are not the only one in this thread doing this. The same thing happened in another thread on a similar issue. Because of YOUR opinion of PVP in EQ, it has no place whatsoever.

Just for the record, Daybreak, or rather SOE at the time, did do a themed PVP server at one point. It either came out right after or right before their first progression server and it was actually alot of fun and the server DID fill up. So we do not know how well a TLP or even a new PVP server would do. I'll wager it has a good chance of having a queue for the first few days.

Zek doesn't do well because its not exactly new player friendly. It doesn't allow for new blood to enter the server and thrive (to a somewhat lesser extent, this describes most live PVE servers too). Everyone who keeps telling a bunch of people to roll characters over there to boost the numbers is knowingly setting them up for failure. A group of ungeared toons against a twinked up one is going to get wrecked.
    plowers and PewtDog like this.
  17. code-zero Augur

You see, you've swerved into the real issue here. People wanting a new PvP TLP aren't adverse to the better geared characters prevailing at all. They just like to imagine that if everyone starts from scratch that somehow against all odds that they'll be the ones with the good gear who can PvP to settle "camps".

I've PvP'd with a bard/wizard duo in years gone by and did quite well but ultimately it's sort of cheesy and I really have no great desire to do it again. I don't hate it but at the end of my PvP career I began to find the entire matter to be really boring. Yes, PvP can be a real bore when you get the strats down and do it right.
  18. plowers Journeyman

No difference. Maybe they should have an increased xp rate for red players. that would be a good perk.
  19. plowers Journeyman

What's the real issue again? Oh you don't want to pvp.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

More people cheating to get an edge so they can get the camps for gear and keep that edge?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.