Red TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Joncore, Aug 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accipiter Old Timer

And people wonder why the TLP PVP subject generates so much angst.
  2. Sollix Journeyman

Another anti-pvp shill LOL
  3. Febb Augur

LOL I GOT MAD SKILLS AND YOU WILL DIE AND I WILL CORPSE CAMP YOU. YOU SOUND LIKE A PERSON WHO HAS LESS SKILL THAN ME SO I WILL TYPE IN CAPS AND PRETEND I'M BETTER THAN YOU.
  4. Gnothappening Augur

I think a fair balance would be to charge the three people who want this the cost for the server setup. Then open it up. If they are willing to pay it, great, if not, meh.
    Baratu likes this.
  5. NumberWonEUteeth New Member

Oh we'll have our server. And we'll make you pay for it. Keep that mischief Krono flowing!!
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

That dev was unfortunately killed by a PvP player who warped into the office. They replaced that dev but alas the same player warped in again and killed the replacement dev.

Unfortunately they couldn't detect the unnamed software that player used and no dev wishes to try to attempt to take over that project.
  7. Machen New Member

They never should have gotten rid of Lady Daegarmo.
  8. RABKkehhalla Elder

FV PVP SELOS SPEED LETS GO
  9. Windance Augur

If you want it bad enough, learn enough to setup and run your own emulated EQ server. Then you can implement any rule set you like.
  10. PewtDog New Member

You won't know if you like it until you try it!
  11. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Not a PVPer, and never will be. However, a LOT of us asked for a FV loot rules server for a long time. We got it, and thanks! So why not a red TLP? JChan said in an interview several months ago, there were not enough numbers on Zek the day everybody logged on to show support. She said they need to see numbers. It's a free server, ANYBODY can log on. So set it up. Make it happen, and announce the date. I'll log on for y'all.
  12. manglered Lorekeeper

^^^^^ albeit very kind of you, but i dont think it will help. padding numbers from people with no intention of playing wont make the company any money ... PVP in eq has been dead for years ... maybe try pubg or something instead
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

They tried. They got about 70 toons in PoK on Zek. Probably better than half of those were alts.
  14. Haze Journeyman

I would definitely be down for a Red TLP.

Don't really understand why EQ sweatlords get all up in arms about Red servers. People like what they like; who cares?
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

We care because PvP is dead in EQ and has been dead for a very long time (PvP servers got merged into one close to 20 years ago) and we don't like the limited dev time being spent on an area with very little interest.
    Roxas MM likes this.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

PVP in EQ is just dumb. That is the biggest issue. This game just isn't built for it. Spells, resists, movement debuffs, etc. It just all breaks down.

I say we give them a shot though. Let DPG set up a gofundme or something for it. If it gets to whatever number they need to make it happen, $250,000 or whatever, then it happens. If not, then meh.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

"Sweatlords" care because its company resources that could go to something more than a fistful of people would enjoy. Was Miragul a smart business move? No. Would a red tlp be? Also no.
  18. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

The point is, she said try again. Not gonna hurt to try again. Would I play there? Not a chance. Is it a smart financial move? Almost assuredly not. I was thinking about this after m initial comment, and maybe it would do better as a short duration seasonal server. Again, I'd not be playing there. That doesn't mean I can't stand up for my fellow players though.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

PvP TLP
    locked at classic
    1 character per account
    full loot.
    Those 25 people will be the happiest PvP players ever.

/sarcasm

Thing I want to know is, and this is a genuine question.

Why do PvP players always ask for a server/TLP? There are way too few of you to make a server financially viable, unless you can gather on Zek in a "PvP bois gathering 2.0" and this time show up in the actual thousand plus real people needed to justify it being made.

I mean, EQ PvP as a server type is dead, plenty of games now do not actually choose to go with or need PvP servers, they either have special zones for it or Instances. EQ was simply never truly designed with open world PvP in mind and that means the world, spells, abilities etc were never optimised for that play style.

How about...

The shroud system is completely repurposed and revitalised for PvP play, redesign the entire PvP system around shrouds & pit all those shrouds versus each other, then the spells and weaponry/abilties/gear are 100% set for each level bracket and the gear/class/spells of players is no longer what decides who is best at PvP, shrouds could then be tuned across the board for PvP and they are already bracketed for each 5 levels 5 to 75.

Add some "sports" events like "Huttball" / "Blood-Bowl" or as team-based competitions like 3v3v3 or even 6v6v6 or 54v54v54 war-fronts / city sieges / plant the flag / king of the hill / battle royale etc. all instanced.

Then make all that cross-server.

Everyone, whether they are on live / test / zek / fv / tlp (once their server unlocks DoDH) could then play PvP against each other for shroud evolution and leaderboard bragging rights.
    Have seasons, season cups, cup winner prizes you or your team can /claim on your regular server.

Could be fun.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  20. Gnothappening Augur

Also, all of the apparently millions of players that want TLP PVP could easily all gather on mishief or even Thornblade and all turn in the books for PVP. Since there is such a huge amount of people wanting this then I'm sure they could have a vibrant TLP PVP experience.
    Skuz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.