Do you like this change?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Tren Journeyman

Maybe on your server people aren't forming raids. I saw more than one person attempting to form a raid on our server for the specific purpose of hunter of CoV within the first month, if not the first week, of the expansion launch. One of them would even tell you if you didn't join their raid while killing a named, they would remember you and not help you with raid named kills ever again.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, I get that. I was responding more to the notion that you needed to form a raid just to kill named vs. doing it with a group (in the post I quoted). There's almost always a hunter raid or two going throughout the year.

Clearly, in the first days/weeks of a new expansion, raids get formed to get hunter achievements out of the way. Though, I've never seen any sort of threats for NOT joining a hunter raid...at least on Drinal.
  3. Tren Journeyman

Ok, I see what you mean now. What I mean about needing a raid in my original post, I was talking about Jaled'Dars Trapped Shade which is unpullable if any of the ritualists are up around the spawn. There are 21 of them with approximately a 12 minute respawn time. It took 3 groups of group geared people to keep all the ritualists dead and pull the placeholder for about 2 hours until the named spawned. To me, 3 groups to get to, kill ritualists, and kill a named is as unwelcome as named spawning across the zone from where you killed a special mob. At least make that mob optional for hunter. Anyway, I have taken away from the focus of the OP's question and will stop my side complaint. :)
  4. Windance Augur

People like that need to get a clue.
  5. Windance Augur

This wasn't too bad for us. We did it as a guild a few times and knocked it out.

We also did several of the 'solo' quests in DN the same way.

I just wish it had some sort of loot or special thing to make it 'extra' worth the time sink for getting all those people together.
  6. Windance Augur

It would be kind of interesting to have another zone like PoWar where they mini bosses that take 2-3 groups to kill AND had something special like the CoL, CoP, CoM clickies.
    Svann2 likes this.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I much prefer knowing which mob at which camp drops what. Global RNG poke and hope for one specific item is lame. Like loot one of everything in the expansion to find one like WoW sucks. Especially for game breaking drops. Mobs spawning so another player who didn't kill the placeholder takes the named is a s4!t mechanic.