The Elephant in the room

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demi, Jul 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

No one wants Pay-to-Win.
    Nennius and Jumbur like this.
  2. Numiko Augur

What I see is sad is people stating others who did not get caught quit... because they cannot use their favorite cheat software safely anymore??

Are they so bad at playing EQ they cannot play without cheats?

That just tells me they are not playing EQ because they enjoy the game, they are just playing it as a way to have a secondary source of RL income, they do not care about the health of the game or fair play. they just want to make money off it selling Krono for RL Dollars.
    Raccoo, Nennius and Benito like this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

4. Metanis Bad Company

I see the Devs are changing loot designs to remove the camps that make this possible. The faster they remove these kinds of situations the less incentive for bot armies.

But it does reveal the lie about people not wanting to "pay to win". If people weren't willing to pay for these loot drops then the botters wouldn't exist. So at least 'some' people are willing to pay to win and DBG has already determined an indirect method of taking advantage of this with Kronos. Would it really be so bad if they just explicitly sell the items in their store and remove the middlemen?
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

In some perverse Sisyphean way, I hope they keep trying, pay $35 for the expansion (for each box), get their accounts banned, and pay another $35 (for each box). Rinse and repeat.
    Nennius and Khat_Nip like this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Respectfully altered for accuracy. And I am not one who wants that.
    Benito and Metanis like this.
  7. Tappin Augur

We already have P2W - it’s called Overseers
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Oveerseer can be doing without making a single purchase and in fact you are limited to how many you can do in a day even with purchases.
    Nennius, Wyre Wintermute and Benito like this.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If you are actually paying cash to do Overseer, you do not know how to do it. LOL.
    Flatchy, Wyre Wintermute and Nennius like this.
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Keep in mind who you are replying to.
    Warpeace, Wyre Wintermute and Benito like this.
  11. demi Augur

they cant even figure out how to do account to account transfers .. and you think they would be able to automate other toons .. heck they cant even fix mercs or autofollow .. and if they tried im sure they would break something else ..
    Metanis and Nennius like this.
  12. demi Augur

I was being sarcastic about anything being a cheat .. if you haven't guessed my stance on things im pro software so it would stand to reason im for maps , UI's and whatever else there are..

I was just trying to make a point about the people who are against the boxers using such software and they feel there is no grey area. if you use it then your cheating .. thats there stance on it .. if they feel so strongly about boxing software then i gave examples of other software's or in game txt / ini files that could be modified that they prolly use on a daily basis .. Gina is just a program that reads log files and outputs that onto the screen .. is it a cheat ? to me NO .. and to the many people who are calling us cheats use it would say NO , however it does give an advantage in game , it makes it much easier for you to know when a certain disc/spell wears off or when a certain mob is going to attack with a certain ability .. sure you can make an audio trigger in game with the one that DP provides but that is a very basic audio sound file and nothing is flashing on the screen in front of you .. if you could not use Gina im positive RAid guilds would not win the raids now adays doing it the old fashioned way (without Gina) . .you have raiders upset when a fellow guildie doesnt have Gina and screws up the raid .. heck I think most if not all major Raiding guilds REQUIRE you to use GINA ..

it may be just a log reader but it creates an unfair advantage .. which is fine with me im just saying for all you peeps that think we who use 3rd party software are cheating cause we use it to assist with our gameplay .. pot meet kettle ..
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

You overestimate the need for GINA. I never used GINA and do just fine in raids without it. Tbh I think only half of my guild is using it(although Im not sure, as I never asked everyone) and we certainly don't require it.

Seriously, ingame ATs are perfectly fine for raiding.:)
    Tarvas and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  14. Razorfall Augur

The one that shows their position in real time.
  15. Geko Elder

Just want to point out the key to this statement is the AFK portion. You are allowed to use a autoclicker or repeater as long as you are actively at the keyboard.

Here is a post from a Dev confirming this:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/3rd-party-program-usage.244101/
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Coas Lorekeeper

Love to see these bans. Hoping they bring it to Xegony next so I can see a few of these bot armies go poof.
    Sancus and Velisaris_MS like this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

As others said previously these are all good reasons to justify boxing, but nothing is there to say using M Q is perfectly reasonable.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

I know of at least one script/bot army on Drinal that's spread out across dozens of older zones farming plat that really needs to go. Having to petition them every time I go into a new zone to do hunter achievements is getting old.
  19. Rauven Augur

First question. Are you serious? Like really, how serious are you (and you all that want the cheating gone)? Are you actually seeing rampant cheating, or do you see things you don't like and are just calling it that? Its really important for you to answer that to yourself.

Second question. This requires the first to be true to continue. What are you willing to do to make it stop? What are you willing to put on the line? Do you even care? Or do you simply want to sit there and vent with no outcome?

Final question. If you're serious and willing to take a bit more action than a simple forum complaint. Then are you willing to see it through? Even if it means people making fun of you. People working against you. And even the company initially putting roadblocks in the way. Are you willing to basically say 'screw it, this is getting done one way or another'?

And this goes for anyone else who wants the cheating gone. Are you serious? Do you have a limit in what you will do to make it stop? And are you willing to go through the meat grinder in order to make it stop?

Because if you say things like 'can't be bothered' or 'I have better things to do' or 'its not worth my time'. Then you're not serious, you lack the means, and you lack the gall to get rid of cheating. And you're basically telling Daybreak and the cheaters that they're good to let things go as they are.

So do you want to put your feet down on cheating, or not? Because I don't think many of you actually do.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

And if you aren't, don't come here and complain about cheaters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.