Another new server idea

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by cybertoothlion, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Iyacc Augur

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from doing this on any new TLP other than human nature. It's human nature to take the path of least resistance. IMO, if you had enough people actually WANTING to do this, you wouldn't be asking DBG to force it. People would just go do it.
    Skuz and Captain Video like this.
  2. Machen New Member

While I agree TSS would be a great place to have as a starting point, realistically the next server will come out in about a year. In about a year, Aradune and Rizlona will both be in TSS. Makes no sense to start a new server in TSS, truebox or not, when you already have one of each right at that point.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Sounds about the same as Phinny and Miragul, wasn't Phinny in VoA or something when Miragul launchd in HoT?
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yep.

Truebox crippled Miragul before it was even launched, it probably would still have been a small server without Truebox but it would have started a hell of a lot better, they also could have started with AoC and had a bit more interest.
  5. PewtDog New Member

Next idea please
  6. Triconix Augur

AoCs for the older content? Because didn't Miragul start with a heroic char and in HOT? All raids were DZs already.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah for the old stuff
  8. Machen New Member

Yes, and that went really really well! Let's do it again!
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  9. jeskola pheerie

True, which means DBG will probably do it...
  10. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I say unlock class/race combos. Want to play a DE shaman? Go right ahead. Want to play a barbarian wizard? Have at it.

If a P99 server can do it, paid devs can do it.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Private servers are not held to the same level of quality that an official server is. There are a lot of models that don't support all armor graphics and then there are a lot of faction issues for quests if you want to add in more combinations.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

So fix those issues along the way. Yeah, yeah, something something, short staffed. The game is doing far better financially than we all thought, thanks to the press release by EG7. Hire more people to get it done, hell just hire more people to fix bugs, or to work as GMs.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From what I understand based on pasts posts they would have to make new models in order to fix the model issues. But you are forgetting a key point just because you can add more race/class combinations doesn't mean you should or they want to.
    Yinla and code-zero like this.
  14. samenye Lorekeeper

Also that's a differentiator for EQ2 (any race, any class).

On the topic of getting people out of their 4 comfort zones, maybe they just need to "accidentally" trip them into Lv85 mode and take a long time working out how to put them to normal back again.

It'll be like that Simpsons episode where Marge Karens up the Itchy and Scratchy Show and the kids switch off and rediscover childhood.

People running all over Norrath again, having fun.
  15. RABKkehhalla Elder

You know what gets people running? P V P!
  16. code-zero Augur

running away from a server :D
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  17. RABKkehhalla Elder

Only one running would be you LOL
  18. code-zero Augur

you talk the talk
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And everyone else walks the walk lol
    code-zero likes this.
  20. Abundant Elder

Definite no.