The Elephant in the room

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demi, Jul 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demi Augur

Can we bring this up without it being locked or taken down ? ever sense the big Ban Suspension from using boxing software my server has been dead ..I'm sure its like that on all servers .. raids were cancelled and guilds hardly have any members on atm ..

I am a boxer and I did not get the Suspension , yes I use a software program . I cant find one mention of the suspension anywhere online (forums included) only reason I heard about it is cause I asked why our guild was soo quiet lately .

I just want to know

1. how has this suspension impacted your gameplay , if at all ?
    2. is this the end of EQ
    3. do you think DB made the right choice or wrong , explain your reasons ?

I think we are all adults here (or most of us ) to where we can have an intellectual conversation about what happened and not make a big deal about it ..However inquiring minds would like to know .

As I said I'm a boxer and use software to do it .. I DO NOT afk play I am always at the keyboard .. I was planning on buying a few more expansions this week although now with the decline in population (drastically) im re-thinking it ..

if this thread gets locked oh well .

thanks for listening and appreciate any and all feedback as long as its positive and not shaming or hurtful in any way .. even towards the dev's .
    Lorai likes this.
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

"I cheat, therefore I'm banned". -Rene Descartes.
  3. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Not at all.

No

Don't cheat. Don't break the rules. Seems simple enough.
    Coagagin, Issk, minimind and 9 others like this.
  4. Conq Augur

1. Not affected at all on Tunare. Our guild numbers oscillate some with the summer, but no changes from boxing bans. I know two who were permanently banned over the Loyalty vendor, but none in my guild.
    2. It's been the end of EQ since 2000.
    3. Ban more botters, every day.
    Conq
    Duder and Elyssanda like this.
  5. Jaay Lorekeeper

I canceled 7 accounts when the bans started to hit, wasnt banned myself but lost alot of friends, guild went dark and didnt feel like spending money anymore.
    Alena, nitrocutter and Lorai like this.
  6. Petalonyx Augur

Automation by 3rd party software is clearly against the rules, afk or not. Don't do that stupid crap.

It's nice to hear that there is some enforcement of the rules.
  7. Act of Valor The Newest Member

That's a weird reaction. I guess if you make friends with people who cheat and know they could get banned at any time, you should realize that would be a possibility.
    Scornfire, Stymie, Coagagin and 2 others like this.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think if there are any reduction in population its because we finished this last expac very quickly.
    Lorai and Elyssanda like this.
  9. Jaay Lorekeeper

I never afk played, I enjoyed playing by myself, and with a friend ever so often, Used the program for years and years, its been around for so long that its become such a huge part of the game.

Imo, they should have only come down hard on the ppl that AFK farmed 24/7, and left the rest of us alone.

Yea I know its "cheating" in the eyes of alot of ppl, but for me the chars just acted alittle better then mercenaries, dont really see the harm in that tbh.
    Lorai likes this.
  10. Angahran Augur

No, it is not a "huge part of the game. It's cheating, it always has been.

So, in your opinion it's ok to cheat as long as you are only cheating a little ?

No, it's not cheating "in the eyes of a lot of people" it is cheating as defined by the rules of the game.
    Scornfire, Stymie, Coagagin and 5 others like this.
  11. Khat_Nip Meow

"Acted a little better than mercenaries"
    -Which likely weren't classes that a mercenary can be.
    -Which likely were geared better than a mercenary can be.
    -Which likely had better spells/discs/et al than a mercenary can have.
    -Which is controlled nothing like a mercenary.

Yes, that's cheating.
    Scornfire, Coagagin, minimind and 7 others like this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Bristlebane still seems active. It could be a dream though. Must not wake up. Must not wake up.

Because it WAS cheating and in any case, the folks who wield the ban hammer did think so. Interesting attempt at a defense though. I'll give it a 3/10.
  13. Jaay Lorekeeper

Hey its all a matter of oppinion tbh, I know it wasnt allowed, I used it anyway and so did a very big portion of the player base, if you try to deny that then you are just being ignorant..

It is what it is, the massive ban wave cause me and alot of others to quit, wich in the long run will hurt the game due to the many accounts not being paid for, I do hope the game lives on, been playing since the start and it will always have a special place for me...
    Lorai likes this.
  14. Thash Zoner

Let's not mention the other utilities people are enjoying with their "harmless" automation to take advantage of others in open world zones.

I just want autofollow to work better. We have boxing servers now, whole groups rely on it, it's time to patch it.
  15. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I can't speak for everyone, but I am willing to bet a lot of people would rather play with lesser population and no cheaters, rather than a higher population with cheaters.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Cheating has no place in EQ. But if these cheaters want to persist, Darkpaw could create a dedicated prison server (entirely separated from the main game: requiring a re-patch like Beta or Test Server, no character transfers, no CS support).
    Scornfire, Issk, Deux and 2 others like this.
  17. Xanathol Augur

[IMG]
    Triconix, Celephane, Bigstomp and 2 others like this.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Winners win. Quitters quit. Cheaters cheat.

See where I'm going with this?
    Coagagin, minimind and Nennius like this.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

Move to a guild that doesn't tolerate cheaters and you'll find raids aren't cancelled.
    Scornfire, Ibudin, Triconix and 6 others like this.
  20. Duder Augur

1. Not at all
    2. No
    3. They made the right choice. Hopefully they get you in the next ban wave too.
    Scornfire, Eyashusa, Ibudin and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.