Lord Nagafen and Lady Vox level 52 or lower requirement

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Atomos, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Chaffe Journeyman

You are 100% wrong on this point. I'd take that loss before you just look like a forum troll, or someone who did not actually play the game back then.
  2. Machen New Member

I was in the gatekeeping guild for a good part of the time. We kept everything locked down. Everything.
    Triconix likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Say it isn't so! We can't have our rose colored glasses broken by remembering the truth!
    Doranur_Aleguzzler and Triconix like this.
  4. Triconix Augur

Yeah man, I was in a similar type guild back in the day. I was a kid, thought nothing of it, and didn't know any better. Looking back now, my guild was toxic as hell. Killing stuff like POP progression mobs just to ensure competing guilds wouldn't close the gap while we were farming EP/Time.

It had nothing to do with competition and everything to do with being spiteful, toxic a-hole gatekeepers who prevented others from enjoying the game's raiding scene. DZs and instancing brought level playing grounds and reduced toxicity. It was the best thing EQ could've done for raids.

It's amazing he's actually literally denying people's past experiences in the game as if he's some omniscient being of all EQ history.
    Tweakfour17 and Machen like this.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Being toxic at 16 - 20 years old vs. being toxic and knowing those people are 40+ now. :rolleyes:
  6. Atomos Augur

None of you gatekeeped anything. You might wish that you had so you could feel super internet powerful or whatever, but your guild was killing those targets because they needed to. Because killing those targets was one of the main points of the game. You were doing nothing more than playing the game.

I'm actually really grateful that some people finally revealed their true colors though. You want to believe you were being hardcore and edgy. Maybe you still believe you are today. But you weren't then and you sure as heck aren't now. Just funny how negative of a light people will shine on themselves just to boost their video game egos and make people think they are cool, lol.

Buncha teddy bears.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sounds like you didn't play back then as that is how it was on all servers though some of them did manage a rotation but if the guild that was up didn't kill it fast enough it was free game for anyone.
    Machen likes this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Just stop responding to him, any point you make he just claims is actually a pro for his argument or is in straight up denial about. This thread has run its course, they won't change the banishment mechanic after 22 years so he can sell an extra cof a week. If anything this discussion could highlight to the devs how the banishment doesn't work in dz lol.
    Machen and Accipiter like this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Exactly.
    Machen and Tweakfour17 like this.
  10. Nyvlag Elder

Oh God, I had to come back to this cesspool of a thread for the "ITS NOT GATEKEEPING" posts...

You DEFINITELY didn't play in 99 and you DEFINITELY weren't in the top guild on the server if you think we weren't gatekeeping. Blocking people on content was absolutely the name of the game BECAUSE the higher tier content only popped once a week and the longer we kept the other people "weak," the longer we kept that content uncontested.
    Machen likes this.
  11. Machen New Member

Yep I'm out, sorry for contributing at all to the last 3-4 pages.
    Accipiter and Tweakfour17 like this.
  12. Atomos Augur

I've already stated that my current guild wouldn't even compete for OW targets, why would I be "selling an extra CoF a week?" Pretty sure I also said I wouldn't even kill a raid target for profit in the first place.

No one was gatekeeping back then, I don't know why anyone needs others to believe that. I'd have to question if the few of you were playing back then, or your memories definitely aren't up to snuff.

It was mathematically impossible for any guild to be killing raid targets during era for profit or for "gatekeeping." The amount of raid targets per week for the duration of Classic+Kunark along with the low drop rates, vs. the amount of players at end-game does not even remotely allow even a single guild to ever be done with any raid target. That's even assuming that a guild got 100% of the targets (they didn't) and they had no alts (they did).

I don't know what the point of the fantasy is that you were doing these things. It seems much more likely you were in one of the guilds who weren't killing anything and were asking for changes like this. Thankfully this was the only ridiculous change you were able to make.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No, there were plenty of "gate keeper guilds". Check out BotS on the Rathe server. They killed something like 34 Trakanons in a row, all to keep Spirit of Tindi'losi out of VP back when kunark was new. Also monopolized Vulak for just as long, but that was just loot not progression. Heck, that guild was disbanded by a GM during a fight in Plane of Fear and had to reform under a slightly different name (took them like 12 years to get the name changed back), for toxic behavior.

We had people putting level 1 ogres and growing them and putting them in Vex Thal hallways.

There were plenty of moves meant to be toxic on some servers and some eras, just to keep people out.