QoL Request: Armor Dye Reset

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Valdest, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Valdest Journeyman

I wonder who else would like this ability. Was discussed on general chat on the Rathe Server today.

The ability to reset/clear dyes on the armor slots would be nice. Possibly a good way to burn some DB cash or buy dye reagents to clear it... Just a suggestion, but would be nice to undye your armor slots.
    Nennius and Yinla like this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Look here:

Valdest likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Once you dye you cannot go back - you only "bleach" the slot so some will show close to what they should be. You are not dying the armor but the "slot" the armor is in.

The 255/255/255 gets close but you'll never be able to get a few colors back (some of the silver white pieces).

Slot 21 Hero's forge augment cannot change color thru the dye and as they have their own color so that may be the route to go to have your armor show up different.

This is ages old issue which has not been "fixed" so we can assume the powers that be do not see it as a bug so I doubt there would be any change in the future...... even if it could be changed.
  4. Crystilla Augur

This has always been an area of interest for me but in a different way. I have been playing since 2001 and have never dyed Crystilla's armor (so she's a naturalist). One year I actually caught that no armor tint was put on the armor and was able to bring that up to the Devs. The armor guy didn't realize that there were some of us naturalists around still.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think the point of this thread is the fact that it might be time to revisit the dye system and add the ability to remove it so that the original armor color can be seen again.
    Fanra, Yinla and Kase like this.
  6. The real Sandaormo Augur

Pretty hard to dye it again to the number it was originally. Hover over the Original color to get the numbers you need.

Its not like painting your house, your not putting on layer after layer.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I did not miss the point. My last sentence voices my opinion on the possibility of this revisit happening. I added the other info much like the poster above me because more information is never useless
  8. Thash Zoner

Setting 255,255,255 does reset the color to the original. You have to move the sliders manually all the way up. I have done this repeatedly, recently.