what will you play on the pvp tlp?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RABKkehhalla, Jul 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RABKkehhalla Elder

Depending on unlock schedule/starting expansion, I'm leaning towards paladin for the stuns and roots
  2. quakedragon Augur

Is this a real thing?
    To be honest, I probably wont play unless it has Vallon, Sullon Zek rulesets.
    Aka teams based off of deity

WoW is successful with PvP where EQ is not is because its Alliance vs Horde, team based.
    You have a greater sense of purpose in WoW PvP, your not fighting just for yourself, your fighting for the Horde or Alliance.

Look at the newer MMO's GW2, ESO, they both have team based PvP mode, World vs World, Alliance vs Alliance. WoW is better because its a true open world team battle.

If I was to play PvP, I'd play a Wizard, quick to mobilize/goto places, they are a force to be reckoned with, they kill monsters and players fast, I'm guessing people who kill slow usually end up dead.

I'm big into PvP, but if its just Zek server ruleset and TLP. Don't bother wasting your time. It's a different time, EQ isn't somewhat new game, a good pick MMO to play, and nobody has time for EQ and Zek ruleset these days, they'd rather go play somewhat new and good pick MMO game than 'live nostalgia'
    People from Zek server left because all the other Zek's (Sullon, Vallon, Tallon) had their own ruleset and they disliked the Rallos Zek ruleset, so having a TLP that uses same ruleset as the Zek server isn't anything exciting.

Off topic,
    I read somewhere Zek server can use any other servers Bazaar, is this true? If so how? This is a good incentive to play on Zek.
  3. Demetri Augur

A forum troll sitting back with popcorn for the dumpster fire...
  4. OMEGALORD New Member

It's very real; they haven't decided on the unlock schedule/start yet or what format of zek server it will be but they've been talking about bringing some excitement back to open world.
  5. PewtDog New Member

As someone who usually doesn't forumquest. This is one aspect of eq i'd be interested in having done everything else. Bring it on!
  6. Tanar Lorekeeper

A vallon zek server would be insane fun. Pvp in eq requires alot of diplomacy building. Unfortunately most eq players are anti social shut ins.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

It is not.
  8. Tanar Lorekeeper

It's about as real as a free trade tlp. Could you imagine?
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'd play a hacker type that can run fast, warp at will and show up and kill you before you knew what hit you.

Good news it only costs a krono and DBG bans once every few months so it's a good value.
    Stymie and Demetri like this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Considering that they have stated many times exactly what would need to happen for a pvp tlp server to happen that isn't a fair comparison. They have said there needs to evidence of players wanting to pvp as the existing pvp server is one of the lowest population servers out there. There was several attempts to draw a crowd to the server and they never attracted that much attention.

As for the free trade server I would imagine that only came about as a response to the idea of a random loot server. Without free trade it would be a lot more problematic to deal with random drops when they are no trade and no one in the group/raid can use them.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think you are missing a big difference between WoW (and other newer games) EQ's pvp system. In EQ pvp is basically running around the open world killing people. While you can also do that in other games there is a lot more such as small and large scale team battles with objectives and the ability to gear up through the rewards. From what I understand in WoW the largest pvp battles are 40 vs 40 which could be a lot of fun.
  12. plowers Journeyman

PvP tlp let's gooo! Make EverQuest exciting again!
    NinjutsuMMO likes this.
  13. plowers Journeyman

Sounds like regular tlp behavior to me.
  14. NumberWonEUteeth New Member

PvP adds a dynamic that's lacking in eq. It doesn't matter the how little or how much complexity and balance you add to the equation.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

16. NumberWonEUteeth New Member

I don't know what you're all afraid of.
  17. NumberWonEUteeth New Member

Anyway, I'd probably go cleric as they are unkillable.
  18. Zanarnar Augur

I too will go with forum troll, I can't think of much that interests me less then any PVP incarnation of EQ.
    Demetri and Skuz like this.
  19. PewtDog New Member

Why does that concern you?
  20. Boogatti Lorekeeper

I'd roll a rogue just to sneak and backstab.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.