List things that players claimed would NEVER be changed that got changed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TLP Addict, Jul 22, 2021.

1. RABKkehhalla Elder

This exists
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Hence the point of the thread.
    Elabone likes this.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

Willing to bet that at some point, someone claimed that they would never upgrade Everquest to 64 Bit.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

The story I heard was,"Devs saw not enough people attended a one day event arranged by a single player on Zek, and decided, nope never gonna make a pvp tlp." That one might be interesting to watch.

But if you want one you can take to the bank will never happen
    #NOEVICTBUTTON4U
  5. WokeCat Augur

Rangers being viable.
  6. Manafasto Augur

Another FV loot style server.
  7. Manafasto Augur

I would like to see all classes add at launch of a TLP Classic area. Races can wait people can waste DB on that aspect. No reason not to include the Classes. Ya, Epic 1.0 is an issue for those two but no necessary to play.
  8. TLP Addict Augur

Add making the VP key less toxic to the list
    Risiko and Skuz like this.
  9. Rolien Elder

The Krono one will never happen. That's how a lot of money flows into the server it's legit a currency for items.
    It's them selling plat but saying they're not selling plat because the players turned it into a currency on their own.

As for Beastlord and Berserker and race/class combo's I will bring it up every expansion drop now thank you in hopes that they give in.
  10. Elabone Augur

I mean the issue with BST and BER is that they were never designed to be in these eras. And sure, prior to launching a server with them, every single person who wants them to be in at launch will claim that they dont care about gear restrictions, and inability to do quests etc... until the server launches, and every player who mains either one of these classes begins to complain about the various things.

I dont think they dont want it to happen, i just imagine the time investment to make it actually work is likely not worth it.
  11. code-zero Augur

The OP is using that classic troll technique of making a list that will be largely agreed with but sticking a few highly unlikely items in there to make it look like they're equally reasonable and plausible.

For example, the "no Krono TLP". Why not a "no bags and potions from the Marketplace" while you're asking? The whole BST and BZK in Original argument was answered long ago when they took Halfling Rangers and Gnome Paladins etc. out of Original game after they apparently let them get in accidentally

I'm hoping that next year we see a Level Locked (Vaniki rules) combined with Random Loot (Mischief rules), FTE/Heritage (you know) boxing allowed (Riz) and a random chance of PvP flagged picks (just because PvP)
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

**Checks Calendar** ahh, wasted opportunity there.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

For the most part, Itemization in Kunark and Velious is already done. Theres Planar armor, Kunark armor, velious quest armor, tradeable leather and chain gear, raid droppable gear thats usable. Fist weapons exist as early as classic now. The only things that BST/BER are missing is Plane of Sky (just add them to mnk/war items/quests, no one's getting that monk belt anyway) and Spell/Tome drop tables for 50-60
    Skuz likes this.