Do you guys actually play with new character models on?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by urbanbo70, Jul 21, 2021.

1. HekkHekkHekk Augur

The live players aren't sending their best.
  2. code-zero Augur

Someone who wants /ran removed from the game because he apparently finds creating new windows and using to filter function to be too complex really isn't in a position to judge the skill level of anyone in the game

The thread in question
    Skuz likes this.
  3. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Found the live player.
  4. Triconix Augur

Don't let him pretend to be some victim. Nothing inappropriate was said. It was a discussion completely off the topic of the thread. Instead of filling the thread with even more uselessness, I sent it privately. If he wants to take advice from the "exploit early, exploit hard" crowd, that's his prerogative.

He's just wanting to act like a martyr while simultaneously flinging insults.
  5. Atomos Augur

I've yet to insult you, but that was certainly your goal in your PM.
  6. Machen New Member

This is a bs argument. The game's peak population was back in 2003-2004 before WoW launched, before Gates. Who cares that there were a few hundred thousand subscribers back then? There have been sixteen years of development since then. The players that are playing today have spent combined millions of dollars more than the players in 2001-2004 ever spent. EQ has gone on without them. Their numbers, their attitudes and desires might have been relevant in 2005 or 2006 or 2008 but they are worth f* all in 2021.
  7. Atomos Augur

Apparently one you didn't understand. I don't care about the game's peak population, that could potentially be negligible.

I'm talking about the total amount of people who have ever played Everquest, for at least a period of time. The current Live population is a tiny fraction of that, so when some dude is on here bragging about having friends on Live and putting others down because they don't, my point was to remind him that a very large majority of the game's players may not have played in years or even decades. And that the friends I made back when the game was relevant in the MMO industry have all moved on, long ago.

Pay attention to what is actually being argued instead of inserting a new one just because you need one to be a part of.
  8. Triconix Augur

What was being argued is your knowledge of what live population and community is like, actually, which is still off topic of the thread. Your continuance to speak about live's population as if you're an omnipotent individual, while admitting you don't even play on live servers. How then does that give you knowledge of a population? It's the most senseless thing I've heard. You proof is these supposed chars you made on each server and somehow determined populations. First, it's highly doubtful you took the time to do it. Second, we have no clue when you did it so it could've been an off peak time to heavily skew your "data." Third, we don't even know where you took this so called sampling.

Either refrain from speaking about a topic you know jack all about, or admit you don't know about that aspect of the game and leave it out of the conversation. But to continue as if you're some expert of what live is about is just spreading falsehoods around.
  9. Atomos Augur

No, there was no argument, you were just being abusive.

I know what the Live population and community is like and people like yourself make it readily available to see. One doesn't even need to even play Live to know these things. How does it not make sense that someone who plays Live, such as yourself even, can tell people what Live's population and community is like? The difference is you're one of like two people who absolutely refuse to admit any truths about Live, while the rest of your Live buddies have no problem explaining that populations are low, no one is leveling, the community is very unwelcoming to outsiders, new content is weak and boring, and that bugs go unfixed for the better part of an expansion cycle.

I've never claimed to be an expert, and what I say is based on things I've seen myself or things players who play on Live today have said. You're in a microscopic minority of people that disagree with any of it.
  10. NumberWonEUteeth New Member

11. Corydon Augur

If you will never understand this, I petty you. Because that means you will never grasp the concept of "taste".