Tears of alaris

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NotRumzlug, Jul 27, 2021.

1. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

What’s the best way to level this at 115? Any advice?
  2. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

KarmaKitty, Nennius and Fanra like this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

I just did the 5 repeatable quests in Pillars of Alra when they came up. Others will say grind mobs in shards landing but too much grind for me.

edit: now that I think on it, it helped alot that I had a rogue on a 2nd account for the stealth mission.
  4. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Do the quest Crystal Circle Builder and get yourself a Signet of the Crystal Circle

Every six hours port back to Shard's Landing and do the quest Taking a New Step in Heart of Fear and get 6 AA and a Fragment of Alaran History for killing 3 L101 mobs.

Rinse and repeat.
  5. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Or do Fear Begins at Home. Over. And Over. And Over. Tablet each time.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

This is all great info. I had forgotten there were ways to level it once VoA had gone grey. Now I can go back and work on it from time to time.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

This is what I've been using to get it for an alt. It's still a lot of grinding but there's no lockout and you get a frag each run. I think my alt is up to about 150 frags from it, think I need another 50 or so more to finish.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you hunt in the heart of fear the mobs there should still be light blue at 115 (if i recall correctly).

The devs did retroactively add fragments as rewards to a bunch of RoF quests.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, I just finishe RoF hunter and they're mainly light blue, mostly in Epicenter. I think there were some greens mixed in.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Angahran Augur

I wish there was a way to get that Signet if you've already done the quest, maybe just turn in the aug ?
    I know, if you get the raid achievements you can get the Signet.
  11. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It's just the T4 raid achievements to have a chance at the Signet again.
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

There's a Group Achievement as well that rewards it, Challenger of the Heart of Fear. Basically just need to get the 6 achievements from the 2 Heart of Fear group missions.
  13. O'Michael New Member

There are two solo missions in HoF that award tablet. There are two group missions in Shards Landing that award tablet. 1 can be soloed and awards anyone in group with tablet, the other takes 3 real players and awards tablet to anyone in group.

All 4 can be done in about 25 mins once you get it down.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

Hey OP thanks a lot. After bringing this aug up I got off my A and started back up on this time sink. LOL

PRO TIP= Make a couple of heroic Mages (for COTH) if you dont have any and set one at the task giver and set one at the entrance to the caves in Shards Landing. It will save you loads of running time. A campfire is nice too but can only be used every 10 mins or so.
  15. Thraine Augur

on my ranger i just went to shards landing underground arena area, its full of alarans just ripe for the pluck'in
  16. Coagagin Guild house cat

Just completed this again for an alt. Concentrating on Heart of Fear, keeping the the aug at five, needeed 210ish fragments. Follow each cave entrance around you will find anywhere from 3 to more than 20 'believers'. One area has 15 in a close path. I would get 1 percent added to the overall tear for every 15 believer kills. It adds up this way and I don't get so tired of grinding these missions two or three times a day.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

See OP's question about doing this at 115.

SL mobs are grey, so no XP for Tear. Yes, you may get some fragment drops, but you also might get them from mobs which will progress the tear, or WILL get fragments from quests which reward them.
  18. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

You won't get any fragment drops in there at 115. Only light blue and higher can drop the fragments.
  19. O'Michael New Member

My way is best!

Also, you can get tablets off gray but they are so rare it might seem like they only drop off light blue mobs.

Do the two solo missions in heart of fear then go to SL and do the two shards landing missions... you can sell spots in group for free tablets as well.

I had them timing down to 20mins to run all 4 tasks on 115 zerker.

If you are tryubg to get the tear now, then there are 5 other missions that award tablets but they take 15 mins each for me...

Cant beat 4 tablets in 25 mins.....
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It will take me longer than 25 minutes to weed thru all the quests in those zone to try and figure out which ones you mean:) Could you perhaps list the names?
    Coagagin likes this.