Perfect 3 Box Challenge .. Jess 4 U

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by qsnoopyjr, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Act of Valor The Newest Member

2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Troll, or serious? People keep complaining about how bad wizzy DPS is, and wizzy mercs are bad DPS, as well. Does the wizzy alliance make up for that?
  3. Zamiam Augur

serious .. they say wizzy dps is bad but its not .. yes the wizzy mercs can flake out on dps a tad but put them on burn and get all the merc AA's for them they not to bad and Alliance should make up for it ..
    low lvl wizzy mercs suck but max lvl ones rock . just have to make sure you control agro but with 2 healers in group with group heals and stuff shouldnt be any issues .. mar's salvation on all wizzy's to reduce agro.
  4. Szilent Augur

no.
  5. Zamiam Augur

can wizzy mercs trigger the alliance spell , and if so how does that not improve their dps slightly ?
  6. Tucoh Augur

Isn't the DPS from one player wizard casting coalition around 62k?

I haven't parsed melee vs caster merc recently but last I checked a single rogue merc will out-damage a caster merc by more than 62k DPS.

Additionally, your group provides no ADPS / mana regen for your main source of damage. I've never played a wizard so I don't know how mana starved they are or how quickly a caster merc runs out of mana on burn.
  7. aozs Augur

Based on my experience with a sk/enc/dru/wiz/wiz/wiz team at 115, alliance rotations and high uptime on vortex aren't enough. Both of my melee teams and necro team multidotting do far more DPS (50-100% more).
  8. Zamiam Augur

ok thx did not realize the wizzy alliance was not that efficient . guess i'll have to switch my answer . I play a wizzy just as a box and she does run oom preety quick ..
  9. Szilent Augur

It's a Very Fine spell if it's popping reliably, which it should be with the mercenaries. High damage indeed. It's just not *so* efficient/powerful that it swamps other synergies such as "having a bard"
  10. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

3 mages
    /thread
  11. Tucoh Augur

Is mediocre in ways I am highly disappointed by.
  12. aozs Augur

Yeah. It's also not enough to make up for how lackluster base wizard output is.

IMO, alliances aren't worth building a team around any more as they haven't really kept up with mob hp. Using wiz rk2 spells & t2 mob hp for reference:

EoK Frostbound Alliance fulmination dmg: 2568114, T2 mob hp ~6-8 milllion
    CoV Frostbound Coalition fulmination dmg: 3933165, T2 mob hp ~55-60 million

Alliances have seen a 53% increase in damage while mob HP has increased by nearly 10x. It used to take huge chunks out of mobs but now it's a barely noticable blip in the hp when it fires. Nice to have, but won't carry a group game team's damage any more.
    Tucoh likes this.