Lord Nagafen and Lady Vox level 52 or lower requirement

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Atomos, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

I said split into 2 groups, compete with each other. Obviously no one is too concerned about OW Vox/Naggy. OW targets used to get some competition, but each new TLP cycle it just seems to slowly consolidate into 1 super guild farming OW, launching 2 servers at once also does not help that. Elemental planes will probably see some competition regardless since there is so much stuff in there with a much shorter respawn. Same with Texvu and Goats in GoD. But Vox and Naggy is meh since you can already deep split into DZs every week if you really wanted to.
  2. Rauven Augur

What I find funny is this whole discussion started because a dude was roaming around SolB and saw a dragon up and thought it shouldn't be up. And the whole thing was a rationale behind that simple thought.

It wasn't that there was loot locked away from 53-60 characters (because of dz). It was the offensive nature of a raid boss not being socked. Yep this is the general everquest community in a nutshell.
    Stymie and SoandsoForumUser like this.
  3. Triconix Augur

But didn't you know? There's supposed to be competition to last previous expansion raid targets who are lower level than max level players because it has the chance to drop something people can sell. Not wear mind you, but sell.
  4. Atomos Augur

Wrong. I literally said Vox was up for at least 2 weeks. You don't need to sock to check on Naggy/Vox from time to time. Socking has nothing to do with it when OW Naggy/Vox aren't be killed at all. No one is socking any of the other OW targets anyway. Seems like you're the one that's offended by the concept of OW raid targets being killed the moment they spawn, even though that's not even happening.

Selling has nothing to do with it. You are the one that brought monetary value into the discussion, and then claimed players on TLP would sell their mother for a krono yet won't level an alt to kill a couple dragons that could drop 12+ krono worth of items, even though TLP players have nothing to do but raid log according to you.

There's nothing wrong with wearing it and there's nothing wrong with selling it. It's up to the people that kill it as to what happens with the loot.
  5. Rauven Augur

OP is now stamping his feet and going "No you!" in a tantrum. Like I said, peak EQ Player right here.

Manchildren, all of them.
  6. Atomos Augur

What?

You claimed I think it's offensive that raid targets aren't being socked. I said you don't need to sock to check on Naggy/Vox from time to time, and that no one is socking any of the other targets either, they are just checking on them every now and then during their windows. I said that Lady Vox was up for at least 2 weeks, she probably hasn't been killed a single time during Kunark honestly, which has been out for 4 weeks. So you've taken my complaint that Vox hasn't died in at least 4 weeks and turned it into me being upset that no one is socking. How? You've literally twisted my words into the opposite extreme. If anyone is stamping their feet, it's the guy who is completely making stuff up instead of participating in the discussion.
  7. Rauven Augur

That's why you made this thread. That's simply how we're going with this now.
  8. Atomos Augur

OK. You can do that, if you want. It's not the truth, but for some creepy reason you need to believe it, so I'mma just let you do that. Keep bumpin the thread tho.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

Why did you make this thread if the idea of a raid target that you couldn't kill didn't bother you?
  10. Triconix Augur

Because he cares about competition (that he indirectly admits doesn't exist)
    Competition apparently exists but nobody is competing for OW. o_O
  11. Nyvlag Elder

Yes, because as you can clearly see from the thread, I am unable to go faceroll it with my level 60 box team and make mad profits off blocking old content to pay my rent.

Please implement competition so I can exploit this and future servers. Thanks.

/s in case anyone didn't figure it out.
    Triconix likes this.
  12. Atomos Augur

When did I say it didn't bother me? I think it's stupid, but that dude accused me of throwing a tantrum and stomping my feet and acting like a manchild. You want to go ahead and quote where you've seen any of that?

Why are you assuming that competition can only exist with socking? Do you even know what the term means? It sure as hell doesn't mean checking on the target occasionally or leaving a tracker there on a box. And even if no one raced to the target, it's still competition. Someone won the target, no one else did.

I've never boxed in any game in my entire life, and I have no interest in killing raid targets for profit. You also can't block content that spawns in a DZ.
  13. Triconix Augur

If another guild kills a target that nobody else has on their radar, is it really a competition at that point?

I know exactly what competition means. However, I question if I need to parcel you a dictionary or not because I'm beginning to think you're failing at understand the core concept of what competition is. Hint: If nobody else is trying, competition cannot exist because it nullifies the core aspect of competition aka competing against someone or something. That's like running a 100m dash on an empty track and claiming you are world champion.
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Classic: Level limit is lower than the cap, so it does not matter. This is the only era where competition for OW Classic dragons might happen.

Kunark: Level limit of 60 allows easier kills of these mobs, but only in a DZ. The OW version could provide one extra kill per week to any entity that went after it, but so could the OW Kunark dragons. So it's really a potential 3rd kill of the week instead of a 2nd. Nobody is competing for OW Classic dragons at this point, maybe OW Kunark dragons. Even with only a month of Classic, having access to two DZ kills, and a OW Kunark kill should be plenty sufficient for any drops they want that are Classic dragon drops.

Beyond that it gets even more pointless to worry about the level limit, as the things you'd want from even the Kunark dragons will start to fall off, let alone the Classic dragons. While this limitation doesn't affect much, it also doesn't inhibit much. For people who race to 50 and clear era content quickly, it's likely they have alts, and those alts could be 50 before Kunark even comes out. Leaving one in the low 50's to clear OW Classic dragons with their guild would be trivial to achieve. It's just not that important to do, so people aren't doing it.

I don't think it honestly matters whether this restriction is in place or not. There could be some future TLP ruleset where that is not the case for that server, but other than that, since it's less effort to leave it, there's no good reason not to leave it.
  15. Nyvlag Elder

Honestly, if you had used any other metric besides "Competition" as your basis for removing the level limit... you'd have gotten a *LOT* more traction. Literally anything would have meant more and mattered more. You could have just said, "I DON'T LIKE IT" and it probably would have been better.

Your subsequent attempts to justify using "competition" as the reason for removing it have just shown how poorly thought out it was.
  16. Atomos Augur

Competition is just one of the reasons that has been mentioned in this thread and I'm not even sure I was the one that brought it up.

I think people are under the impression competition means hundreds of people sitting in 1 spot waiting for a dragon to spawn though.

My #1 reason for the change is how pointless the mechanic is and the fact that it reasonably does not exist elsewhere, because it was bad design from the start.

It would take less time to change than the amount of time any of us has spent in this thread.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

How many other classic raid targets are currently up and not being farmed? Yael? Eye of Veeshan? I wouldn't be surprised if more than just vox/naggy are up and no other raid targets are level capped. Why is that? Because the juice is not worth the squeeze. If it was worth it to someone to kill vox, they would and I don't think removing the lvl cap would significantly change that.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How exactly can you competitively kill a mob that can be taken by a single group in Kunark and just gets easier as time goes on?
  19. Atomos Augur

Repeating over and over and over and over and over: no one is going to level an alt to farm 2 mobs. On P99 and pre-Phinigel TLP where Classic lasted way longer? Sure! On TLP where people ask for less and less Classic and now we've gotten it down to 1 month, the Classic+Kunark era may last even less time on the next TLP? Nope.

I have no idea if people are killing Eye, but they are definitely killing stuff in OW sky and I've been told it's permacamped (probably just KoS tbh). Today my guild killed Vox, Naggy and Yael, Vox and Naggy both dropped pretty much the exact same garbage Yael loot and then Yael was the one that ended up actually dropping decent stuff. Any non-casual guild that isn't trying to get extra OW targets would be foolish, especially the ones that care about monetary gain. I'm also fairly certain with the random loot, there is a problem of Phinigel still being the only thing that drops the Water staff for Mage epic, but the random loot causing him to drop it even less, I can imagine OW Phinigel not being left up as well.

How exactly can you competitively kill anything? You're telling me people aren't competing for Cazel, Miragul, Lucan, Bergurgle, or Pawbuster? If not, then exactly what are they doing? I've seen the complaints about people having level 25 named stolen from them from level 50-60s. The amount of players needed to defeat the mob has nothing to do with it, competition is competition.
  20. Machen New Member

Yael is pretty easy, but Eye of Veeshan tends to be up for extended periods on every TLP in Kunark. There is too much else to do to care all that much. Probably even more so on random loot server where you don't actually have to kill Eye or Hand to get Eye and Hand quest items.