Fixed Internally Overseer quests disappearing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by dreadlord, May 22, 2020.

1. Malbro Augur

I had this happen this morning. Overseer dropped one quest on an alt on my account.
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I lost all 5 last week, this week I'm getting 6 returns on 5.. so the missing ones are showing up late..
  3. Malbro Augur

2nd day, lost a quest from yesterday. It seems to be getting worse.

What happened to the fix?
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No fix yet, because the devs/coders don't know what is causing this.

The upcoming July Patch should see logging for Overseer go in, will hopefully allow them to see what is going wrong where and when.
    Stymie likes this.
  5. cadres Augur

Today's 'weird thing' re missing quests
    Yesterday I did an elite 'shaken recovery quest' on account 2. It disappeared
    Last night did the same quest on accounts 2 & 3
    Both disappeared this morning
  6. Ratalthor Developer

We've added additional logging in the recent update, but we need new instances of this issue happening. Please PM me your affected character names, server names, and roughly what time it has happened to you. Thanks!
    Nilwean, Niskin and cadres like this.
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I missed this post until today, but I will take note the next time it happens and PM you. I do Overseer on Test and Tunare on two accounts, so it will pop back up sooner or later.
  8. niente Developer

I've added a lot of diagnostics to our Overseer logging to try to fix this after the August patch.
    Skuz, cadres and Nilwean like this.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

Will keep an eye for if it happens again, probably too late now but last time I checked (a day or two ago) I had 6 to claim as one that was missing returned.
  10. Cannikin Elder

This is getting a lot worse lately in my experience. I've been losing at least 1 quest between my 3 accounts on more than 50% of days when I check, and today one of my accounts lost a whopping 4 out of 5 quests at once.
  11. Moege Augur

Started all 5 quests, switched to an alt. Checked overseer now have 6 quests one of which is done.
    /falls over laughing.

2nd account. started 5, checked and just 4 running, started 5th one again.

no idea if I lose agents this way either.
  12. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It's probably very random, so some will see it more and some will see it less. I've been sending PM's to Ratalthor with details as they happen, and he's been forwarding them on to the devs that need them. They will get it eventually. The question right now is whether or not the new logging they added is helping them narrow down the problem. Hopefully it is, but if not I'm sure they will try something else.
  13. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I need to do a bit more manual logging, but it's starting to appear that (at least one potential issue) when I'm on a quest and the newly generated list has the same quest, mine disappears for a cycle until it is no longer available. That's not 100% accurate, as I haven't kept complete tabs on it, but I've started paying more attention since the recent additions and changes.
  14. niente Developer

Potential fix coming in the September patch.
    Moege, Thunderkiks, Rondor and 4 others like this.
  15. Malbro Augur

For the second day in a row, I lost a quest, if anything it's getting worse. I thought it was brought down a while back and fixed.
  16. Febb Augur

Did you read the dev replies above?
  17. Scila Augur

From what I've seen, it "appears" to get worse before patches. Why, don't know that's for a dev to figure out but yeah I've lost a couple this last week as well as the "Recruit Fighters" for some reason which popped back a day ago. That's a new one. And yes, I did see the dev's response above.
  18. Nilwean Elder

So, while I haven't had any quests disappear since the patch, I've had some completed/claimed quests reappear after logging in and out.
  19. Scila Augur

So far what I'm seeing since the patch - to jumpstart the agents into active status (I've heard this from someone else and it works) - log out of the game and back in. I PM'd the dev with the info he was wanting earlier, what now works, etc.
  20. Horse Journeyman

So far I have only gained oversee quests since the patch. Have not lost any... yet.