Auto turn in scripts and training people at Shady Goblin

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rapala, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Rapala Journeyman

Is there anything that can be done to address this? We've got people using auto turn in scripts, and when they get caught for that they just train you with cab guards. Yes I know angry goblin is worse and yes I know you can pop a pick for it, but that's 60 people for one person to do a ring turn in.... not really ideal.
  2. theonepercent Augur

What makes you think people are using an auto turn in script? There are several tricks to turn in the items faster.

But with all the epic respawn timers being reduced recently hopefully they finally realize these goblins should be made a bit faster too.
  3. Kodachi Augur

Watching people do it on other mobs? I'm inclined to just assume its a thing thats happening. One of the cases I got reported got banned for it (wasn't published but the guy complained about the banning). The auto turn in scripts are turning items into these NPCs before they've finished populating into the world. It doesn't matter how fast a human is, its beyond what a person can every hope to accomplish.
  4. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Meanwhile...

[IMG]
    Magician9001 and Stymie like this.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Observations made here over the past 5 years.
  6. Demetri Augur

Oof I realize it's clipped intentionally to hide the name but any idea what the timestamps on this ridiculous spam was?
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

People using scripts in EQ? :rolleyes:
  8. TLP Addict Augur

Autoclicker go Brrrrrrrrr
  9. Ravanta Suffer Augur

They were all right in a row, for about 90 seconds or so, and then stopped.
  10. Demetri Augur

Had a feeling it was something like that.
  11. Rapala Journeyman

I caught someone doing it so I stood in front of them so they couldn't do it anymore and reported it. Five minutes after reporting GM showed up, and told me to get off the spawn point and back up, then left. He didn't care the guy was using an autoscript and me standing in front of him was my only recourse, which he essentially told me to stop doing.

After GM left the auto scriptor's buddie and guildmate logged in right next to me, ran down the ramp, pulled two cabilis troopers onto the platform next to shady, and jumped out the opening. Attempting to train me while getting himself killed because he's terribad. I had to leave the spawn to not die. Reported that as well, which got the generic "we'll look into" response. Few days later, both of them are online enjoying their exploits.
  12. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

It's an autoclicker not a script. It's working as intended and is not illegal or against the rules if you are at your desk actively playing the game.

Have fun at Gloradin in Velious. Get yourself an autoclicker.
  13. RABKkehhalla Elder

Lol I kill Gloradin for faction.
  14. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

They make more money for DPG than you do therefore they are more important than you are. How have people not figured this out yet?
  15. Demetri Augur

That's not actually true - autofire of any sort is no bueno - as I can attest to, as I got a slap on the wrist for mine while staying at the keyboard with a warning to not continue it. (I used one for my DPS spam key on my Phinny Ranger and got complained at by the GM because all my spells cast in a constant consistent pattern for hours including failed attempts to cast - and I literally was moving and changing targets/etc at the time when I got zipped out to timeout to chat [including him forcing a target switch to him where I nuked him a few times before I shut it off - evidencing his accusation])

And FYI, autoclickers run scripts besides the most super basic ones that I've not heard anyone use in ages. (i.e. Logi G, a popular one, uses scripting)
  16. Ravanta Suffer Augur

See this right here is some grade-a nonsense. The player is not expecting their target to change. The player has every right to use in-game-hotkeys for /cast 1 /pause 10, /cast 2 or whatever other variable they have...

This game is 99% smashing the same button over and over again for many classes. Any GM who doesn't understand that needs to quit.
  17. Demetri Augur

So technically speaking I wasn't using a single key macro at the time. A ranger in modern EQ that is DPSing properly uses about 6 different spells on refresh, as well as 3 activated discipline abilities, and 5 activated AA's on refresh. It was more around 6 IIRC due to multibinds.

And the GM did state flat out that it was fine to run the same macro, but not autofire, mind you. It was entirely the autofire on a 1s cycle (or so - I had used a stretch of different values as I parsed which matched refreshes better each era, I forget which it was at the time - 0.5s was my lowest, 2s was highest) that was the issue he was warning me on - not the "hitting one key over and over" part.