List things that players claimed would NEVER be changed that got changed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TLP Addict, Jul 22, 2021.

1. NinjutsuMMO Augur

a pvp tlp
    RABKkehhalla likes this.
  2. NinjutsuMMO Augur

oh wait, that's coming soon
  3. Atomos Augur

Imagine how much better this game would be if she was gone so much earlier. Gosh, such a travesty.
  4. TLP Addict Augur

Yes, a lot of the best changes have happened since she moved on.
  5. Nyvlag Elder

To be entirely fair, I think she did legitimately care about the product. I think she just fell into the same trap that a *LOT* of people who post on these forums do. Seeing the game for what it was 15+ years ago, not what it is today.
    Karreck and Demetri like this.
  6. Xhartor Augur

Most of the dropped gear and trade skill craftables are top shelf tradables during Luclin, and junk one PoP unlocks.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Before everyone readies their pitchfork and torches it was Holly who fought for EQ having more of the money it makes put back into its development.
    For all her flaws she made a sea-change in how Daybreak treats EQ and the game would be far worse for not having had her in the hot seat when she was there.
    She cared a lot for the game, the devlopers & the players even if some of her decisions & remarks were (sometimes rightly) lambasted.
  8. Zenith New Member

Yeah, they need a server that will go down as less popular than Agnarr and Miragul.
  9. Nolrog Augur

There won't be because
    a) Darkpaw makes money from the sale of Krono. Every Krono ever sold and every Krono that ever will be sold originates from them. and

b) even if you remove Krono, you don't stop the Krono sales you just move them to riskier places and cause more customer service problems when you give someone an they are supposed to give you Krono on Drinal and they never show up.
    Rijacki and Skuz like this.
  10. Machen New Member

Not everyone.
  11. Shakara Augur

Rogues still suck but maybe they will get to that one day
  12. TLP Addict Augur

TBF the first one I don't recall being asked for much if at all, pleasant surprise they dropped on us. The second one has definitely been asked for a lot and I hope it's something they consider making a priority for future TLPs
    Skuz likes this.
  13. TLP Addict Augur

Work in progress....

They will never give us instanced Classic raids
    They will never fix pet walling
    They will never give us click from bags
    They will never give us extended target
    They will never remove focus effects
    They will never give us a PoP locked server
    They will never fix the Wizard epic
    They will never fix the Shadowknight epic
    They will never fix the Enchanter epic
    They will never fix the Plane of Storms bottleneck
    They will never revamp Necro dots
    They will never nerf the Necro 2.0
    They will never give us a boxing TLP
    They will never give us a free trade TLP
    They will never fix levi in Plane of Fire <------------(You are here)
    They will never give us a no Krono TLP
    They will never enable Beastlord and Berserker in classic
    They will never buff Rogues in early eras
    Ions, Xanadas and Nyvlag like this.
  14. Xanadas Augur

What's more disturbing is that they were wrong on so many things.
    Risiko and Metanis like this.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

Are we considering these things all complete? We got classic raid AoCs, but only on TLP, not on live. Half of those epics were worked on, but there is still posts from Mischief/Thornblade complaining about the new bottlenecks (and even complaining about things that arent really bottlenecks anymore like Broken Golem). Necro dots are only revamped 70+ which half+ of the TLP crowd will never see. Extended Target they gave us a few slots after lvl 20 vs all the slots at lvl 1 (and did anyone even ask for this? When they made the change it seemed to come out of the blue).
  16. Tritonia Journeyman

DoT revamp is fine. Shaman should absolutely be able to no stress solo the tipt kyv with a couple DA ear charges in era.
  17. Elskidor Augur

Whenever people complain about Holly I immediately remember how much I despised Smokejumper and realize the Everquest franchise might not exist anymore if he continued calling the shots. Thanks Holly!!
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Metanis Bad Company

What I want to know is who made them think they had to add some gimmick to every expansion? It takes a supercomputer to calculate a single weapon swing and determine the damage delivered. They just kept building a house of cards on top of a quicksand base. And who wants to look forward to grinding another 10,000 AA next expansion? But they'll force us to. Just because.
    MasterMagnus and Accipiter like this.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

You are right. I think at least for the first few years they were making it up as they went. I don't think they had any plan. Once they started with those gimmicks, they were locked into the mess they had created. Don't get me wrong, it's part of the charm of the game and I like that about it. But it truly is a mess.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would argue that some players said they would never revamp necro dots/necro 2.0 while others said it would just take time due to the issues they ran into with the other classes.