Fixed Internally DoTs now show an extra line of text (negative heal)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Bobbybick, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Kinda a weird one. Dots are reporting their damage twice, both as their normal output and a second as a heal with a -value.

[IMG]
    Rondor, Mithra, Kendeth and 4 others like this.
  2. Chitiwok Journeyman

After today's patch, damage over time spells are now displaying an extra line of text in addition to their normal damage report.

For example, Dooming Darkness displays its normal line, then "You healed %t over time for -20 hit points by Dooming Darkness."

My guess would be this is related to the change that went in to display HoT reports that heal pets over time.
    Rondor, Mithra, Strumph and 7 others like this.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

Zlandicar is about to top my next negative healing parse!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Grem New Member

Somebody can delete please :)
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

oh I hope this won't stay this way, that was A) just plain weird, B) Annoying as heck because it's yet ANOTHER FILTER we have to mess with.
    code-zero, minimind, Strumph and 2 others like this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

I wish the filter page in the Options menu was just a list of every message type with checkboxes, and we just go down the list and check/uncheck all the crap we want to see/hide. As it is now, the list of things we have control over seems to be completely random and chaotic.
    Herf, Strumph, Stymie and 1 other person like this.
  8. Metanis Bad Company

Flexible text handling would make a great 3rd party application...

But then we'd have to ban it!
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is most annoying. Stopped in the lobby to go thru my Overseer and AA etc while hoping to catch some buffs.

Line after line of mercs healing mercs, over and over.

Please retract this stupid "feature" It is not necessary

I assume it was supposed to be this one - but its not just the player apparently
    Healing messages will now be displayed when a player casts a heal over time spell on a damaged pet.

Jesters were recently fixed so they were not spamming for more than 15 minutes in the lobby perhaps you could do something like that on this?
    Strumph likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Filters seriously need fixing!

They still haven't fixed the issues they caused previously with now having the emote from others spells landing dispite having spells set are mine only.

Every change they make to them lately make them worse. Who's idea was it to change special damage emotes to red? Damage to me is red. :rolleyes:
    Strumph, Marton and Metanis like this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, we now get chat messages for regen healing. It doesn't have a filter for just regens, so now if we get rid of this spam, we also get rid of all heals.

Could we either:
    A - Just not report regen healing. We never did before. And to be clear, I'm talking about regen spells, not HoTs. So, I'll get these messages every tick times # of group members, for over an hour (duration of the buff). It's a LOT of spam.
    B - Give regen heal spam it's own filter.
    Strumph likes this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

13. Angahran Augur

So, is this generating even more spam than the previous 'fix' to filters which has still not been corrected ?
    Strumph likes this.
  14. Angahran Augur

Are the devs deliberately trying to kill us with unwanted spam ? The last patch messed up filtering pet messages, now we have more unfilterable healing (and negative healing!!) spam ?
    Strumph likes this.
  15. Legionarius - Xegony Elder

I can confirm that this is happening to me as well:
    "You healed a rock golem over time for -350 (-430) hit points by Enevenomed Bolt.
    A rock golem has taken 350 damage from your Envenomed Bolt."
    I see this with every NHoT (negative heal over time) :p
    I have also noticed that my Cannibalize III spel does 74 damage to me most of the time, but every other time it only does 64 damage to me. Not sure if there's a problem in the math or it's a false display of what's happening or what's going on.

This does raise concerns especially when mathematical dynamics are changed is how everything is interacting with this math. Are item mods modifying correctly and so on. All I've got!
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So you get a message every 15 minutes if your merc charges or not so I was looking for that message and did not find it anywhere in my chat. Extended chat window to cover the entire top and bottom of the screen and all I could find in it was some pets heal over time spam ....a full screen? I did get the message but my point is this useless spam is filling up chat windows for no reason

I didn't even bother going to the baz. Just think how bad that is with all those pets running around spamming everyone

This makes the game unplayable. Wait until the first raid and you will have players dropping subscriptions right and left
    Strumph likes this.
  17. kizant Augur

The negative healing for a dot is obviously just a bug. Thinking it's deliberate is kinda silly.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Angahran Augur

And the extra healing messages from this patch ? And the change so you can't filter out other's messages that somehow snuck into the last patch with no note ?

Every time something is done with filters it seems to make them worse and more annoying and less functional.
    Strumph likes this.
  19. Scila Augur

So who and why are they on the same filter as "con"???
    Strumph likes this.
  20. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Don't even get me started on all of the garbage that goes into the say filter.
    Yinla, Elyssanda and Strumph like this.