List things that players claimed would NEVER be changed that got changed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TLP Addict, Jul 22, 2021.

1. TLP Addict Augur

Getting tiresome reading forum warriors telling people that their requested change will NEVER happen because reasons, only for it to happen a few months later.

Give us a list of stuff that they have fixed during the history of TLPs so we can have a nice long copypasta for future use.

They will never give us instanced Classic raids
    They will never fix pet walling
    They will never give us click from bags
    They will never give us extended target
    They will never remove focus effects
    They will never give us a PoP locked server
    They will never fix the Wizard epic
    They will never fix the Shadowknight epic
    They will never fix the Enchanter epic
    They will never fix the Plane of Storms bottleneck
    They will never revamp Necro dots
    They will never nerf the Necro 2.0
    They will never give us a boxing TLP
    They will never give us a free trade TLP
    They will never fix the VP key toxicity.
    They will never fix levi in Plane of Fire <------------(You are here)
    They will never give us a no Krono TLP
    They will never enable Beastlord and Berserker in classic
    They will never buff Rogues in early eras
    Fluid likes this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Instanced Classic Raids
    Nerfing Charm
    Nerfing Pet Walling
    Boxing Restricted Server
    Out of Era Items Taken off loot tables
    Focus Effects Removed
    Alchemy Recipes Removed
    Click From Bags Enabled
    Extended Target Enabled
    PoP Locked Server
    Cazic 2.0 Changed from Luclin->PoP Era (not requested)
    Epic Quest Adjustments
    Plane of Storms keying adjustments
    Boxing Unrestricted Server
    Free Trade Loot Server

Unresolved:
    Can still Levi in Plane of Fire
    Xhartor, Foaming, TLP Addict and 2 others like this.
  3. Elskidor Augur

Still sticking with my stance that there will never be a server without Krono.
    Reallydude?, Raptorjesus5 and Nolrog like this.
  4. Donroy Elder

Ability to change your name
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

illusion thru doors - totally "fixed" due to complaints from tlp players - no one on regular servers ever complained it was broke for 15 years.
    Xanadas and Mithra like this.
  6. Mithra Augur

We gave our Live friends a lot of poison.
    Tweakfour17 and CatsPaws like this.
  7. Glowerss Augur

That is a two way street my friend. A lot of busted TLP stuff is a result of live tinkering as well.

Looking at you passive melee boost AA and dot revamps in particular.

The most impressive "I can't believe they ever gave this to TLPS" is absolutely extended target.

Click from bags is nice QOL. Extended Target goes waaaaaaaay beyond QOL.
    Doze, Ishbu and Skuz like this.
  8. Triconix Augur

Necro 2.0 nerf
    Necro DoT revamp
  9. Risiko Augur

Three biggest ones I can think of are:

"Casuals don't deserve to kill dragons":
    - Reason... If you can't dedicate 24 hours a day to playing a GAME, then you just don't deserve to kill dragons you filthy dirty casuals
    - Hello Phinigel TLP server. NEXT!.

"There will never be a multi-box server with instanced classic raids":
    - Reason... all those box armies would cause too much strain on the servers by having their own raid instances
    - Hello Rizlona TLP server. NEXT!

"There will never be more armor models added to the game":
    - Reason... the game just doesn't have enough memory left to put new assets in the game
    - Hello Hero Forge feature. Hey if you are willing to pay to USE the feature, they magically found a ton more memory available in the game to add armor models. Money money money!
    Xanadas and Trevalon like this.
  10. Rauven Augur

Mitigation of the Mighty and other boss tweaks to make them not flop over from a single group of mages. Everyone told me it wouldn't happen.
  11. SnapVine Augur

my favorite is that the old Refer-A-Friend exp bonus can NEVER be limited on any server because it would be a "breach of contract" or something similar. I used to see that a lot.
  12. Atomos Augur

God, thank you so much for this thread. <3
  13. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

This one still bothers the crap outta me because it came out during Luclin originally and the gear was based on that.
    Duder, Xhartor and SnapVine like this.
  14. Triconix Augur

Pretty sure this is wrong. The CT2.0 was released mid POP - sometime in 2003 - on live servers.
  15. Aegir Augur

The Revamped Cazic Thule came in game just when a lot of the Major hardcore guids had just farmed their first rounds of Emperor and was peeking into Vex Thal. It was in Luclin for sure and it was a pretty damn brutal zone back then revamped.
  16. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

I can't find the actual mention in the patch notes for it, but you can find the first comments on boots of flowing slime on zam in march 2002, while pop was released october 2002.

From my own personal memory, going in there the day it opened, the chanter in my group had KEI and it was the first time it was cast on me and that was during luclin before I started raiding in luclin.
  17. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

There was a second revamp to CT in summer 2003 but I think it was mostly fixes.
  18. Trevalon Augur

Lol, its funny to think that that one sentence by Holly lead to such outrage on these forums that eventually led to us getting instances...

I guess we should all thank her! Or probably Prathun and Ngreth...I wonder how things are going at blizz....errrrr.....ouch...
    Risiko likes this.
  19. Demetri Augur

They were in progress before that - but she was fighting against them - Prathun was getting the code ready to allow the possibility in his free time, even though it hadn't gotten approved by her yet.
  20. ForumBoss Augur

Done : random loot
    Not done: ber and bst in classic
    Manafasto likes this.