Mischief - Setting up a Donation/Salvation Army for New Players

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by CartoTLP, Jul 18, 2021.

1. CartoTLP Journeyman

I've played on many TLPs and this is of course the first one with free trade. I know many people are like me and find their bags filled with items, often that sell for 50-200pp in the tunnel and vendor for about 2 plat (or zero in the case of planar armor). After doing some Plane of Hate and Plane of Fear clears I started saving the armor/weapons and passing them out to new players/untwinked chars in the level 5-25 range. It's been fun and it makes a huge difference for some people who don't have krono. For many of the boxers/raiders it is easy to forget that not everyone can play as much and/or generate as much money in their game time.

With that said, I thought it would be worth asking if others are interested. If so, feel free to parcel Carto any armor/weapons that would be beneficial for low levels and I will pass everything out with the message that the items are a collective effort. Not sure if this will get any traction or not, but the more the merrier.

Any questions feel free to post here or send Carto a tell in game.

Happy Hunting!
    Niladin, Jhinx and Kukaw like this.
  2. Rynos of Tunare New Member

Carto,

Thats awesome! You are absolutely right, it makes a big difference to newer or poorly geared people that cannot dedicate the amount of time that others do. Keep at it my friend, makes me wanna go all access again and make a character on Mischief.
  3. Demetri Augur

A+ too much of an annoyance to micromanage ATM - but I plan to do the same with an account with Bazaar once it opens - just throw stuff up there that has basically no value for 1pp or whatever the lowest you can set is. (Or if people that aren't new players abuse it - maybe micromanage it with tells and adjusting pricing down when someone is new)
  4. Piznut Angry Gnome

I randomly drop like 30 pieces of loot around the EC tunnel every few days. That's the best way I can contribute. Gave a full set of rogue planar gear to some random /who all rogue that was like level 15 and didn't look twinked out.
  5. Kukaw Augur

I think this is pretty cool.

I am one of those that usually doesn't have a whole lot--which is fine, and maybe it's because I am really casual so I don't usually see the end content (I just putter around and/or TS) but I have seen quite a bit of generosity on this server, and I hink this just adds to this.

Good Job!
  6. Gheed Is not reading your response

Hi please send Gheed all extra item I am very in need of all item for help me level up. thank you for help thank you
  7. Jollenar New Member

I'm just returning to the game after being gone for a few years. I would pay for your low lvl armor I have a Cleric named Jollenar and a druid named Nymoway. I have some plat. I've watched the auction channel and most stuff is out of my reach. I'm a player from the days of corps run and hell lvls when you where expected to earn stuff. I like the cleric but I also like the freedom of the druid still trying to decide on which. both are in Gfay. send a tell with what you have and price and I'll see if I can afford them. Thanks and better yet would like to find some good groups.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

On Mischief? I probably have some stuff I can send you.

Edit: OK, sent you some stuff from Humo. If you can't use or don't want, just sell it.
  9. Kahna Augur

I like to randomly run around newbie zones and hand out raid gear to the non-twinks. I gave away a decent amount of that race only inny loot to some very happy dwarves and barbarians.
  10. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

I like the idea of giving items to new players.
    Many items dont sell anymore, although not bad for a level 40 and a dream for a level 5.
    I for example have a trident from phinny with 10/30 and a big DD proc.
    Dont think a 40+ would use it anymore, but if you are low level and about to enter Crushbone, it would make such a difference.
  11. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Great idea :)
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I was awash in Sharkbone Warhammers. Pretty decent 1hb for a priest.
  13. everuser New Member

New player here,
    Returning to EQ after a few years. Heard about the random loot TLP, and had to jump into the fun! Looking to play my classic favorite, the bard! If anyone has some stuff sitting around like an old magic weapon, that would be a huge. Just looking for a little help, or a fun group of ppl that could put a bard to work. Glad to be back, see ya'll out there.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Send me your character name if you are on Mischief and I'll send you some stuff.
  15. everuser New Member

Name is Flysong, just started today. tyvm :)
    Accipiter likes this.
  16. Karhar Dream Crusher

For the past month or so i've been running around cleaning my bags out by giving people random things with an /inspect, i try to target those that don't look super twinked by themselves. So many are like are you sure? It's like I have 4 more Charred Guardian Shields to hand out, of course I'm sure!
  17. Chuck_B New Member

It pleases me to see this level of generosity. I just started on Mischief yesterday and have been graciously been given drive-by buffs by several people as I've grinded away in the newbie area. I've also seen quite a bit of gear offered via the new players channel. I'd forgotten how challenging it can be start from scratch when one is a little late to the party, playing only one account. I look forward to the journey.