Death, Death, Death! Returns[Double Exclamation Points]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Accendo Guest

The Death, Death, Death! Event is coming back! Same as in the past, Tudasali, Emissary of Thurgadin, awaits your return to the Great Divide and has an important mission: How many classic opponents from Norrath's history can you defeat before time runs out?
    [IMG]
    Many powerful bosses are scoffing at your chances to beat them down so gather up your fellow adventurers and show them what you're made of!

Death, Death, Death! runs from July 21, 2021 at midnight PDT until August 10, 2021 at 11:00 p.m. PDT. Best of luck!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Gaylon like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So the patch is Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 6:00 AM PT* for 24 hours which would be July 22 at 6 AM.

So its going to be hard to have this run from July 21 at midnight which would be right in the middle of the patch?

Or is it going to be going for the 6 hours prior to patch start?
    Jordis, Dythan and Nennius like this.
  3. Gialana Augur

Is the "[Double Exclamation Points]" a typo for a command to give something similar to "!!" ?
    I got a chuckle out of it, so I'm not complaining. I'm just curious.
    Jordis likes this.
  4. Bobokin Augur

A lot of Everquest is returns of old stuff.

I guess it is better than nothing, but is it really more than a wax job on the old car?
  5. Tanacious Lorekeeper

2 exclamation points is usually either an exception command, or to start a comment line depending on the type of programming language you are doing. There are ways though to make it appear as just "!!", but takes a couple extra seconds to do.

It's just lazy or inept programming, which if you aren't used to by now, well... welcome to Everquest[Double Exclamation Points]
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I'm curious if anyone has actually defeated this event after familiar and mount buffs etc. were nerfed to no longer work? We did a lot of attempts last year, probably around 40 or 50 runs. Defeated the ST warders a couple times, and once managed to squeak out the achievement for defeating Statue before time ran out. So even on our very best run, we still had AoW, Doomshade, and then Vulak to deal with before completing it all. Item RNG is obviously a huge factor, but even with amazing luck I am not really convinced this event is possible to complete in its current form. Anyone proven otherwise?
    Ssdar likes this.
  7. Herf Augur

Will this be on TLPs?
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Yes, it was on Mangler last year.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Is this just a meme at this point or a serious question? Midnight on July 21st is 00:00 on July 21st. Like the first minute of the day. If you stare at your computer clock when it ticks from 11:59 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. that is when the date shifts. This is how time works. But inevitably every time anything in EQ is scheduled for midnight, this question comes up. They could probably avoid these questions by just scheduling stuff for 12:01 a.m. but it really isn't a big ask on their part for people to just know how time works.
  10. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Why would you do this on a weekday?
    Why would you do this on a patchday?
    Will the servers be back up before the event expires CAUSE IT AINT A CERTAINTY
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The event ends on 10th August, why would the servers not be up by then ?
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It was serious because I could not understand why they would start something 6 hours before a patch and wanted confirmation that it was as intended.

Sometimes, I will ask questions to forstall others so they don't feel stupid asking. I can take the snarky answers like this whereas I have seen new posters in the forums slink off after those type of answers.

Or it could be sarcasm at this being posted so early when so many events either are not posted at all (see Festival of Might) or are posted after they have already started. Surprised you didn't recognize that one as your title states.

:rolleyes:
  13. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I misread the original post that it was today only. Not enough caffeine to offset my ADD apparently.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Crestfallen New Member

Today is the day that I discovered how much [Double Exclamation Points] looks like [Double Experience Points].

It was a sad day indeed.
  15. Herf Augur

Hmm. I'm on Agnarr.
  16. Accendo Guest

Just me having a bit of fun since multiple exclamation points mid and end of title felt like too many from a grammatical standpoint[period]
    Gialana likes this.
  17. Danxor New Member

It is beatable, or at least was last year. Many people on Selos completed it.
  18. Thundersnake Elder

Post keyring nerfs I didn't even bother trying, I get it was suppose to be really challenging. Without some way of cheesing it, it's no longer worth my time personally since I already have the titles. Doing Lady Vox with 6 people for rez stick unlock was at least worth my time post key ring nerf.
    Gyurika Godofwar and menown like this.
  19. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Instead of re-hashing content created 5 years ago, we'd really enjoy a new raid.
  20. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

So did anyone on any server actually defeat this event this year?