Mischief server - Contested Epic items

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darktide, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Darktide Elder

Yeah makes sense, trying to eliminate krono farm epic farm camps = krono farmer. 200IQ.

I didnt come here to have a discussion. I suggested what I believe should happen and that's it. Then the krono farm flamers come marching in to defend their precious epic krono farm activities
  2. bardybard Augur

If everyone is a krono farmer who are they selling their ill gotten kroners to?!
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

So you just wanted to vent and expected no replies? Or you only want to hear people in favor or your ideas? 200IQ indeed o_O
  4. ForumBoss Augur

I realize what the current state is, but it is a solution that has proven to work for other drops.
  5. Darktide Elder

You cant do anything about it, so a discussion wont do anything. The only people that need to read what is being said are Daybreak Devs.

There's too much human scum that seem to rely on krono farm and the system enables bad behaviour.
  6. bardybard Augur

tHerE's toO MucH humAn scum THAT seEM to rely On KronO faRM AND THe sySTem enableS bAd behavIoUR.
  7. Sourire New Member

Reading these forums, all boxes are boxing armies and ruining the game, anyone camping an epic bottle neck is a krono farmer, and anyone dps racing is cheating.

This must be the new “on the internet men are men, women are men, and children are FBI” saying.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  8. Rauven Augur

I feel like the best way to handle this is when you do two servers. Make one the easy server and one the hard one. Easy one has low contested spawns (still need to kill your stuff, but you don't need to PVP in a PVE setting for it). Hard one is just DPS race on everything.

Then the players who want the style of play they want get it. Doing it this way hurts no one.
    Demetri likes this.
  9. Nyvlag Elder

Are you suggesting GM support?

Because we've got demonstrable evidence that doesn't actually work (Aradune) a LOT of the time.

If you're suggesting some sort of system that supports this, I'd love to hear what that is.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

The bullies will just go to the easy server.
    Demetri likes this.
  11. jiri_ Augur

There are also classes who need their epics pretty badly. Rogues are crap until Ragebringer and the cleric epic is practically required for the two+ years between Kunark and SoF.
  12. Rauven Augur

Nope.
  13. Darktide Elder

Steven Sharif, is that you?
  14. Nyvlag Elder

[IMG]
  15. Atomos Augur

Seems like even more of a reason to nerf contested spawns into oblivion /shrug
    Demetri likes this.
  16. Ishbu2 New Member

Thats absurd to me and begs the question, where do you draw the line?

Wanting to remove any barrier that requires effort to obtain something would make this no longer a game, but more of a visual book you have to run from page to page. Pointless.

I for one am still playing eq after 2 decades because I like playing EQ and dont want to go play some game that just hands me everything. There is enough of that due to power creep as is.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  17. Ishbu2 New Member

Your post was bad, your thread was bad. Try and be an adult and do better next time.
  18. Atomos Augur

We've had this discussion over and over, sitting in a spot doing absolutely nothing waiting for hours and hours and hours to something to spawn is not effort. It's not even playing a video game. You aren't playing anything.

No one has suggested removing effort.

No one is asking to be handed everything.

You nor I get to decide where the line is, DBG does. They apparently think the line needs to be moved since they continually do just that.

Stop exaggerating, it's doing nothing for the discussion and nothing for your argument. DBG isn't going to just make epics drop off mobs.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  19. Rauven Augur

There's a philosophical question that needs to be answered. Is it harder to kill one orc pawn, or two? Is it harder still to kill five and harder to kill ten? Or is it common knowledge that if you can kill one, then obviously you can kill two, or three, or five, ten, or even a hundred?

One of the mobs mentioned is a level 30 spawn known as Lord Bergurgle. A trivial encounter for any cleric working for their Water Sprinkler of Nem Ankh questline.

Yet it is one of the more 'difficult' parts of the quest. The difficulty doesn't come from a trivial grey level 30 encounter. The difficulty comes from one of player accessibility.

The ironic thing is you claim you wish that you want things that are not handed to you. Yet you have made no attempt or effort to propose an idea that raises the difficulty of the encounter yourself. Maybe you are unfamiliar with the encounter or just not thinking of it (not playing a Cleric). We'll assume one of those for the sake of argument (to your benefit mind you).

Why not raise the encounter to a level 55+ one similar to the fire elemental encounter in Burning Woods? Certainly you don't have any issue with that portion of the quest line (to my knowledge, if you do, let me know if you think it is undertuned or overtuned). That would be an idea compromise in giving the Lord Bergurgle encounter a spawnable loot locked nature similar to the others in the questline.

I mean an encounter requiring a well geared group of 60s, or a smattering of 55+ in two groups is a much more involved and difficult endeavor than a simple level 30 non-rare creature.
    jiri_ likes this.
  20. Captain Video Augur

If an orc pawn dies in the woods and there is no one there to kill it, do they get XP?
    Rauven likes this.