Test Update 07/13/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Honestly I care way more about these awful filter improvements than lag fixes. I can deal with some events and nights having pretty bad lag. But having some chat tabs become unusable due to stupid changes in the filtering is pretty enraging.
    minimind likes this.
  2. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

Is the fix to Essence of the Dragon I in this patch and not mentioned or not complete in time to include?
    minimind and Yinla like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Should be.

4. Thunderkiks Augur

It is, I copied a character that had the unclaimable reward and on test it was gone.
    Gyurika Godofwar and minimind like this.
  5. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I didn't see anything in the patch notes. Are transfers to or from Bristlebane still disabled?
  6. klanderso Developer

They should be enabled now.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Torven New Member

Ever since the last Test patch, my older Windows 7 machine (which I only use for EQ and don't run anything else on) will sometimes/often hang indefinitely when zoning. I also cannot kill the process unless I use the Sysinternals pskill utility. But what is weirder is that after EQ hangs, my internet is dead on that machine until I reboot. (I presume why it hangs) This only occurs when zoning, and I can be (and am) online 24/7 just fine and don't drop during gameplay. My windows 10 machine has no issues.
  8. Metanis Bad Company

Chicken and the egg? Perhaps your Internet connection is dying first and thus the reason that EQ hangs? Since you're running on an unsupported version of Windows perhaps the machine is getting attacked which causes the networking stack to fail. And then EQ will just wait forever for the response from the network.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Would you leave the front door of your house open with the light on and a "welcome burgulars & squatters" mat at the front of your house while broadcasting your address over every radio frequency globally?
  10. Metanis Bad Company

I'm curious why you don't upgrade it to Windows 10? You can still do it for free if the Win7 machine has a valid product key.
  11. Torven New Member

Even if my machine is faulty and not the client, the client should still gracefully recover and not force users to reboot the system because it hangs indefinitely on internet outages. Not being able to kill the process is also new to me. I cannot 100% rule out my end being the problem, but I thought it unlikely enough to report what might be a very serious issue, instead of using their service all the time and not contributing back even when I encounter a possible serious problem.

If the devs didn't touch the netcode at all and are confident they made no changes that could result in this behavior, then they are free to ignore my post. Perhaps I should not have bothered if this is the response I'm going to get.
    Metanis likes this.